Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleShark
sunburned

dream I had
    #1936699 - 09/21/03 01:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Last night, I had a fairly strange dream. Strange in two ways: One, I remembered it, which I haven't been doing lately; and, two, I've had it before.

In my dream, the main person wasn't really me, at least not at the start. I mean, I could see from that person's point of view, but I also watched everything at the same time. This made perfect sense during the dream.

The dream-person was, for whatever reason, researching this...thing that lived in a lake. They called it a whale, but it really wasn't, because it was more like a dog/jellyfish/frog combination. Mobile like a jellyfish but with strong legs like a frog. It looked like a dog. It wasn't even as big as a whale- only about the size of a van or two. It was that wet-rainbowy color you see when jellyfish are close to the surface in the sun, but this thing was very deep in the water. According to other information that my dream-person knew, it could physically not get to the surface. It wouldn't explode or anything like real fishes that live deep in the water, but there was supposedly a depth that it couldn't get past going up. No explanation on that detail.

So my little dream-person swam down, under the water, a couple feet above the floor of this lake. It wasn't salt water, just the regular stuff you'd find in a lake. The whole time, it seemed the same level, but the colors changed, finally ending up a murky brown-green. It felt like they were swimming on their back, underwater, but the floor colors could still be seen. Apparently, this looked like the film the dream-person had seen before they went off to find this creature.

The whole time, no oxygen tanks were needed. The person didn't even seem to be breathing, though I really didn't think to check. I guess that, even though they obviously lived on land, the water was just as fine.

In the murky area, this...thing...came into view. It looked almost like one of those dogs with stringy fur, only it was water-rainbow colored. And big. Strong and heavy also. My dream-person swam under this thing, still a few feet from the bottom. That position was never left, even when entering and exiting the water.

The dream-person took pictures of this creature, but without a camera. I just knew that pictures had been taken. Maybe some implant in the person's eyes or something. This creature was now playing in the water, much like a dolphin, but without leaving. It just stayed right there.

Then, my dream-person tried to leave. Every time they did, this huge creature landed on them, pushing off of them and rocketing through the water again. It would loop back down and press the person further into the murky bottom.

Now this person needed air. Badly. They were getting desperate, hitting and kicking at the beast when it came back to press them down. Eventually, oxygen-deprived and exhausted, the person managed to get away, still only a few feet from the bottom. The beast chased after, but its shape wasn't designed well for fast movements. The dream-person managed to get out first, coming on to a shore that was a forest. They ran through the trees, trying to get away from the creature that could now somehow get on land.
Anways I can tell more, but this was long enough !!! What does it mean? Does anyone have any ideas/ and or ever had a similar dream?

--------------------
nothing i say is real

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: dream I had [Re: Shark]
    #1936765 - 09/21/03 01:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It could mean any number of things. It could be that you were having a hard time breathing and your body was trying to make you aware of it. I'd probably rule that out if it happened twice.

It could be you are repressing something from your surface consciousness that the dream is trying to make you aware of. Think of any troubles you are having in your day to day life that you are puzzled by. You may find a connection with your dream. As always, the best dream interpreter is usually the dreamer himself.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology