Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Loc: WV
cobweb in jars?
    #1906089 - 09/11/03 02:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I cant find any pictures of cobweb growth in PF jars. Ive searched and searched. If anyone has any or can find some id be greatly apprecieative!
The deal is, My friend has 9 jars, and they all have a thick pure white color to the parts that are colonized. They colonized about halfway in about 4 days. The edges of the growth are a stringy, puffy-type white growth. The speed of growth makes me suspect cobweb. It looks like stringy-puffy mycelium and doesnt smell. how do I know besides letting them colonize and fruit? :-P. I will post pictures tomorrow as his camera is not set up yet.
I know cobweb is supposed to be grey, and colionize very quickly, but is this just fast-ass mycelium or cobweb? i dunno, thanks guys, ill relay ur answers to my friend :-).
~MC

he's thinking about sacrificing one and seeing if it turns blue when i damage it....

--------------------
Everything I ask is for informational purposes only. There is no truth to what i say. I am lying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: cobweb in jars? [Re: mattch1]
    #1906301 - 09/11/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

When spores germinate, they often begin to form a wispy pattern with sometimes a grayish color.
For how long are they incubating ?
Mycelium is white, if they are incubating for a long time i would be suspicious. Anyway, only time will tell, have patience.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblebuu
katabatic

Loc: Denver
Re: cobweb in jars? [Re: mattch1]
    #1906325 - 09/11/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Re: cobweb in jars? [Re: MAIA]
    #1906346 - 09/11/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My friend says he inoc'd them on the 6th. Thats 5 days ago. 2 of the jars are about 70% colonized already. This speed worries me. He started seeing growth (that he thought was cobweb because of it being grey, now it has turned much whiter), on the 9th, 2 days ago. All of the growth is growing around the places where he inoculated (ie. whatever is growing was introduced via the syringe). Ie. The colonization is growing outward in circles around the injection sites(like it should). Any thoughts?
The only 2 possibilities are that A) the mycelium is growing or B)there were cobweb spores in the syringe.
Anyone know how long it takes cobweb to show up in jars after being introduced? thanks again. Ill tell my friend!
~MC

--------------------
Everything I ask is for informational purposes only. There is no truth to what i say. I am lying.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: cobweb in jars? [Re: buu]
    #1906349 - 09/11/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, i thought about that buu but i think we don't have any pic with cobweb inside the jars at the faqs, my fault.:shake:

MAIA 

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblebuu
katabatic

Loc: Denver
Re: cobweb in jars? [Re: MAIA]
    #1906364 - 09/11/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

this one looks like cobweb in a jar to me but i may be wrong being as how i just had to dump 12 pt jars due to cobwed?
http://www.shroomery.org/images/23418/cobweb100.jpg

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: cobweb in jars? [Re: buu]
    #1907155 - 09/11/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if they colonized that fast and exhibit growth in whispy patterns right up against the jar and are of a greyish or off dull whit color then it is prolly cob-web. cob web looks like spiders silk.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Re: cobweb in jars? [Re: UncleMike]
    #1907668 - 09/11/03 10:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

it colonized very quickly. I have one 4 oz jar that will be done in the next 2 days. That would be 9 days from inoc. to colonization. I am fairly confident now that is actually really fast mycelium. It is bright white with fluffy edges around it and is covering the jar throughly, just like mycelium would. I thought that cobweb would not make big white circles at inoc. points, but rather turn the sustrate a dritygrey wispy color (like Unclemike said, "like spiders silk") (ie. not very throughly colonizing the substrate like mycelium does, stretching itself "thin") Anyway, one of the cakes has pulled away from one of the jars (even though its not 100% yet)... so, thats another good sign. I think im just too critical, plus this is only my second time ;-). What confused me the most was when the mycelium started to grow, it actually looked like cobweb would on a casing (light grey, wispy, not throughly covering the cake). anyway, time will tell... ill post later on in the week, thanks so much!
~MC

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate