Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: Individual]
    #18550122 -

Individual said:
zappaisgod said:
The government takes 75% of your earnings and you think that what it provides is free?:picard:



The government doesn't take 75% of my earnings. When I earn 1000€ the governemt takes 20% of that, which leaves me with 800€, the rest is payed by employers, netting the governmnent 750€. Which is very supportive of sarting new businesses as you can see - the main reason why the economy is going more and more to shit everyday here.

Like a said it's an shitty place to live, I'm happy to get away from here in a month or two.

But I still consider my healthcare as an free service, even tho I know that the money comes from paxtayers pockets. They could freely use this money to fund one of their other retarded programs..



Or, zappa forbid, let the people decide how they should use their money. 

If your employer is paying a tax for employing you that means he isn't paying you.  YOU are the one paying the tax.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: Crystal G]
    #18551106 -

Crystal G said:
ganjfather said:
I don't think so, I rent places just fine. But I don't use credit for anything, I'm not stupid. I buy things when I have the money for them. Derp.



Are you daft or do you just not know anything about finance? When I say credit I'm talking about your credit SCORE. Do you even know what your credit score it?

Quote:
The fucking doctor who treated me told me medical bills mean nothing. You can't be sent to a collection agency, you basically choose to pay them if/when you can



Whoever told you that is a liar. I've had every single one of my unpaid medical bills from when I was a teenager sent to a collections agency. It does fuck up your credit. For a while my credit was somewhere in the 500's range because of it. I have never owned a credit card in my life by the way, have never been sued, and have never defaulted on any of my payments aside from those medical bills. A very good credit score is anything above 700. I don't know if it is anymore, because bills in collections only remain on your credit for 7 years or so.




#1: Pull your fucking tampon out of your bloody slit and put a fresh one in.


#2: I know what a credit score is, but as I said, I'm not a fucking idiot so I don't buy shit I can't pay for like 90% of you dumb fucks.

#3: I've had this 20k charge for 10 years now, it never got sent to a collection agency, just like the doctor said :omg:. I can rent places just fine, in fact I started renting a new place about half a year ago. No credit problems whatsoever from the medical debt. Maybe they sent your bills to collections because you were acting like a pretentious, angry, beast of a steroid abusing man/woman, whatever your gender now is...

:kiss:


--------------------

Edited by ganjfather (07/12/13 11:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: ganjfather]
    #18551162 -

I remember when I broke my arm and went to the ER they gave me a tylenol 3. You know what they charged for that ONE T3 (not a bottle or anything, one tablet the nurse gave me)? 30 something dollars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: Lynnch]
    #18551184 -

Lynnch said:
Wow, the government really ought to do something about making medical costs more affordable. Some kind of act to do with medical care. Hmmm.



why stop there?  the government really ought to do something about making food, clothing, shelter and jobs a right for everyone regardless of their behavior and actions.  :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: ganjfather]
    #18551194 -

ganjfather said:
#1: Pull your fucking tampon out of your bloody slit and put a fresh one in.



Really? I asked you if you are daft because you bragged about not taking out any lines of credit (even going so far as to say "derp" as if I'M the one that's dumb :facepalm:), when in reality applying for a credit card has nothing to do with whether your medical bills were affected by credit scores, and suddenly I'm being "hormonal." :rolleyes:

If you don't want people to talk that way to you, perhaps you should rethink how you address people. It's really quite simple.

I know for a fact it does affect your credit, I actually had a background check done on me, one of which was a credit check, and the only bills that showed up in collections were my unpaid medical bills. My friend from rehab also got his truck repossessed for around $8,000 of unpaid medical bills.

Quote:
#2: I know what a credit score is, but as I said, I'm not a fucking idiot so I don't buy shit I can't pay for like 90% of you dumb fucks.



And why do you assume anybody here does any of what you said? FYI, I have never owned a credit card and have never taken out a loan for anything except student loans. Again, what does this have to do with whether your credit scores were affected by loans or credit cards or whatever?

Quote:
#3: I've had this 20k charge for 10 years now, it never got sent to a collection agency. I can rent places just fine, in fact I started renting in a new place about half a year ago. No credit problems from the medical debt. Maybe they sent your bills to collections because they thought you were a cunt, like I do.:kiss:



And how many years after these medical bills did you begin applying for places to rent? Because as I mentioned earlier, bills only remain in collections for 7 years. 10 years minus 1.5 years is 8 and a half years. Obviously whatever bills that were in collections would be long gone by then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: Crystal G]
    #18551258 -

Crystal G said:
And how many years after these medical bills did you begin applying for places to rent? Because as I mentioned earlier, bills only remain in collections for 7 years. 10 years minus 1.5 years is 8 and a half years. Obviously whatever bills that were in collections would be long gone by then.




I was never rude to you before you started throwing names around, yes, I said derp referring to people who buy things they cannot afford aka on credit. Didn't necessarily mean you. Sorry it was received that way.

But beyond all that pointless arguement, I honestly have no idea what my credit score is, but I've rented a good 15 places since the emergency room incident so it can't be bad. I never once was contacted by collections, and I know how good they are at finding you, plus I wasn't hiding from them, I was in plain sight. My point is, I never went into collections for the medical bills. The hospital mailed me bills for a couple years then stopped.

Could have been a special case because I really needed the medical attention and the doctor didn't feel like coming after me for that :shrug: I have no idea


It's pointless to continue our discussion, I feel, I was merely stating my experience with medical bills & I apologize for anything I may have said to offend you. Lets just leave it at that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: ganjfather]
    #18551290 -

ganjfather said:
And how many years after these medical bills did you begin applying for places to rent? Because as I mentioned earlier, bills only remain in collections for 7 years. 10 years minus 1.5 years is 8 and a half years. Obviously whatever bills that were in collections would be long gone by then.

I was never rude to you before you started throwing names around, yes, I said derp referring to people who buy things they cannot afford aka on credit. Didn't necessarily mean you. Sorry it was received that way.



Well when I apologize for going off on you like that. I really am sorry about getting like that with you. When you made that derp comment, I assumed you were mocking me for having a bad credit score because of my inability to control my credit card spending habits, or something.

Quote:
But beyond all that pointless arguement, I honestly have no idea what my credit score is, but I've rented a good 15 places since the emergency room incident so it can't be bad. I never once was contacted by collections, and I know how good they are at finding you, plus I wasn't hiding from them, I was in plain sight. My point is, I never went into collections for the medical bills. The hospital mailed me bills for a couple years then stopped.



What state do you live in, and were you insured or uninsured at the time?

Because from what I have heard about medical bills, they don't all go to collections, I think some states automatically will comp the bill if you are uninsured. Also, were you on any kind of federal or state aid at the time, like TANF or EBT or Medicaid or anything?

I want to ask you these questions because now I am legitimately curious, exactly how you can prevent a medical bill from going to collections.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: Crystal G]
    #18551318 -

Crystal G said:
ganjfather said:
And how many years after these medical bills did you begin applying for places to rent? Because as I mentioned earlier, bills only remain in collections for 7 years. 10 years minus 1.5 years is 8 and a half years. Obviously whatever bills that were in collections would be long gone by then.

I was never rude to you before you started throwing names around, yes, I said derp referring to people who buy things they cannot afford aka on credit. Didn't necessarily mean you. Sorry it was received that way.



Well when I apologize for going off on you like that. I really am sorry about getting like that with you. When you made that derp comment, I assumed you were mocking me for having a bad credit score because of my inability to control my credit card spending habits, or something.


Quote:
But beyond all that pointless arguement, I honestly have no idea what my credit score is, but I've rented a good 15 places since the emergency room incident so it can't be bad. I never once was contacted by collections, and I know how good they are at finding you, plus I wasn't hiding from them, I was in plain sight. My point is, I never went into collections for the medical bills. The hospital mailed me bills for a couple years then stopped.



What state do you live in, and were you insured or uninsured at the time?

Because from what I have heard about medical bills, they don't all go to collections, I think some states automatically will comp the bill if you are uninsured. Also, were you on any kind of federal or state aid at the time, like TANF or EBT or Medicaid or anything?

I want to ask you these questions because now I am legitimately curious, exactly how you can prevent a medical bill from going to collections.




:hug: I'm sorry 2.


But I was in WA state, I didn't have a job, no insurance or anything like that, I think I was 19 at the time and I probably had an EBT food card, I'm like 95% sure I did because it was around the time I being homeless.

I went in because I had broken my ankle to where the bone was popping out and I had lost so much blood that I'd passed out, my girlfriend at the time and a friend had to carry me in because I was unconscious. They treated that, reset it and whatnot and also treated me for scabies, which they had said was the worst case they had ever seen.

:sheen:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: zappaisgod]
    #18551486 -

zappaisgod said:
Individual said:
zappaisgod said:
The government takes 75% of your earnings and you think that what it provides is free?:picard:



The government doesn't take 75% of my earnings. When I earn 1000€ the governemt takes 20% of that, which leaves me with 800€, the rest is payed by employers, netting the governmnent 750€. Which is very supportive of sarting new businesses as you can see - the main reason why the economy is going more and more to shit everyday here.

Like a said it's an shitty place to live, I'm happy to get away from here in a month or two.

But I still consider my healthcare as an free service, even tho I know that the money comes from paxtayers pockets. They could freely use this money to fund one of their other retarded programs..



Or, zappa forbid, let the people decide how they should use their money. 

If your employer is paying a tax for employing you that means he isn't paying you.  YOU are the one paying the tax.



If the employers didn't have to pay taxes for employing, that would mean more money for the employer not me.

But yea, they are robbing us at every step.


--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: ganjfather]
    #18551491 -

ganjfather said:
:hug: I'm sorry 2.


But I was in WA state, I didn't have a job, no insurance or anything like that, I think I was 19 at the time and I probably had an EBT food card, I'm like 95% sure I did because it was around the time I being homeless.

I went in because I had broken my ankle to where the bone was popping out and I had lost so much blood that I'd passed out, my girlfriend at the time and a friend had to carry me in because I was unconscious. They treated that, reset it and whatnot and also treated me for scabies, which they had said was the worst case they had ever seen.

:sheen:



Ah, yea maybe you being homeless explains it. Did you give your real name and social security number, or were you so out of it that you never gave them your real stats? If so that might be why too.

Actually, this has me wondering... say you have no ID on you. Can you lie to the hospital about your identity and make up a social security number? Will they know that you are making up a name? What happens if you get caught? Is there a way to do this and successfully get away?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: Crystal G]
    #18551524 -

Pretty sure they run your SS# that's pretty much all they can really identify you with....probably would still treat yah anyway in an emergency

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: tdubz]
    #18551541 -

tdubz said:
Pretty sure they run your SS# that's pretty much all they can really identify you with....probably would still treat yah anyway in an emergency



what if you say play the part of an illegal immigrant or say you're here as a foreigner under an F1 visa or something, so you don't have a social security, and then make up some story about your wallet getting stolen earlier in the week?

i know they would treat me, but would they be able to track me down later to bill me? and if they do find me and find out i lied about it months later, do you think they'd go through the effort of actually charging me? If you had a head injury or were fucked up on drugs at the time I bet you could talk your way out of it by saying you thought in your head that you were somebody else at the time. But what if you don't have any excuse like that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: Individual]
    #18552338 -

Individual said:
zappaisgod said:
Individual said:
zappaisgod said:
The government takes 75% of your earnings and you think that what it provides is free?:picard:



The government doesn't take 75% of my earnings. When I earn 1000€ the governemt takes 20% of that, which leaves me with 800€, the rest is payed by employers, netting the governmnent 750€. Which is very supportive of sarting new businesses as you can see - the main reason why the economy is going more and more to shit everyday here.

Like a said it's an shitty place to live, I'm happy to get away from here in a month or two.

But I still consider my healthcare as an free service, even tho I know that the money comes from paxtayers pockets. They could freely use this money to fund one of their other retarded programs..



Or, zappa forbid, let the people decide how they should use their money. 

If your employer is paying a tax for employing you that means he isn't paying you.  YOU are the one paying the tax.



If the employers didn't have to pay taxes for employing, that would mean more money for the employer not me.



:picard:  They have an amount they can spend on employee costs.  This is determined by the amount they can sell their product for minus the amount they need to pay for materials and other overhead like rent and utilities.  These are fixed costs.  They also expect to make a profit of some kind for the owners or they wouldn't exist.  The government is sucking up 75% of the budget for labor.  That is coming out of your pocket. 
Quote:
But yea, they are robbing us at every step.



The only people ripping you off are your kleptocrat legislators.  Enjoy your "free" health care.  Sucker.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Some advice for if you have to go to the emergency room [Re: Crystal G]
    #18552344 -

Crystal G said:
tdubz said:
Pretty sure they run your SS# that's pretty much all they can really identify you with....probably would still treat yah anyway in an emergency



what if you say play the part of an illegal immigrant or say you're here as a foreigner under an F1 visa or something, so you don't have a social security, and then make up some story about your wallet getting stolen earlier in the week?

i know they would treat me, but would they be able to track me down later to bill me? and if they do find me and find out i lied about it months later, do you think they'd go through the effort of actually charging me? If you had a head injury or were fucked up on drugs at the time I bet you could talk your way out of it by saying you thought in your head that you were somebody else at the time. But what if you don't have any excuse like that?



Anybody who doesn't pay for what they receive is a bum piece of shit.  Anybody who deliberately uses fraud to become that bum piece of shit is a criminal bum piece of shit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I think I have a hangnail.
( 1 2 all )
DeadHearts 3,262 32 11/02/10 12:30 PM
by Newbie
* Advice From A Caterpillar Blu Spore 2,574 14 12/01/02 05:01 AM
by frogsheath
* Advice Needed: Taking Shrooms Before Art Class
( 1 2 all )
SaintR 3,326 23 03/02/18 11:23 AM
by basqueshaman
* EMERGENCY PUB ALERT - Re: RandallFlag
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
afoaf 4,418 101 07/20/05 07:18 PM
by Gijith
* Thinking about going into a spiritual retreat...need some advice.
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 4,544 45 05/17/18 06:07 PM
by Dagr
* Reason #2: Why I hate NJ (advice please)
( 1 2 all )
C20H25N3O 2,166 20 03/04/05 11:10 AM
by C20H25N3O
* asking for some fast advice about outside cat kadakuda 767 10 11/26/04 04:52 PM
by SassySkiip
* Emergency Alert System... Delyrium 1,519 14 09/09/04 05:28 PM
by IAmTheWalrus212

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,739 topic views. 8 members, 21 guests and 202 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.