Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators
    #18492475 -

So, all 5 of my grows I have went the fan dry/desiccant method. This is a pain in the ass and I am tired of working with damprid, that stuff gets nasty!

From what I read, the best bang for the buck is a Nesco, and if you need more room you can just buy more trays. I found this sweet looking guy on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B0090WOCN0

It has a temperature control, so that seems useful if I am indeed in need of more room and have to add more trays. (higher temp for volume increase)

Anyone have experience with this specific model? At $60 that seems like a steal to me.


--------------------
A scapegoat, for all your insecurities. Excuse me; a hero; a man made god; for all your insecurities - Remembering Never


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: TheReckoning]
    #18492500 -

That looks like a nice one. Any dehydrator will do ya. I got a sunbeam from walmart that works great, but I paid 20 bucks more than you will for this.


--------------------
1) Everything I ever posted or say is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: Sillyputty67]
    #18492510 -

Is this an ad?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: Vahunter]
    #18492520 -

Vahunter said:
Is this an ad?



Yep, I work for Amazon. Totally.

No I was just asking if anyone had a better recommendation basically. Amazon is great but I am sure there is a better deal somewhere.


--------------------
A scapegoat, for all your insecurities. Excuse me; a hero; a man made god; for all your insecurities - Remembering Never


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: TheReckoning] * 1
    #18492541 -

You should totally make some jerky-flavored shrooms with the spice packets.


--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is a work of fiction, provided for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to actual persons or events, past or present, is strictly coincidental. All celebrity voices are impersonated. If you begin your ID request with, "I just ate a bunch of these mushrooms…should I not have done that?" I'm just gonna sit back and watch Darwin at work.:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: BittrBuffalo]
    #18492668 -

I got mine at Meijer. 50 bucks and you can buy sets of 2 tray add ons for 10 bucks. I stack mine 10 high and dry at 125 degrees. I also gut the center out of a few trays for a spacer for  larger mushies so you don't smash them. here's a pic




--------------------
I have caught the Mycology bug! Not just here for the ride, i'm here for life.

How I do my bulk substrate

just another mushroom capsule TEK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: God Stamet]
    #18492680 -

God Stamet said:
I got mine at Meijer. 50 bucks and you can buy sets of 2 tray add ons for 10 bucks. I stack mine 10 high and dry at 125 degrees. I also gut the center out of a few trays for a spacer for  larger mushies so you don't smash them. here's a pic







:brilliant:


great idea!

also check thrift shops and salvation armys etc

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: twistedty]
    #18502796 -

I've heard that some of the more important compounds break down if dried with heat, and that if you're drying with a dehydrator, you should turn off/disconnect the heating element. Is this true or bullshit?


--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is a work of fiction, provided for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to actual persons or events, past or present, is strictly coincidental. All celebrity voices are impersonated. If you begin your ID request with, "I just ate a bunch of these mushrooms…should I not have done that?" I'm just gonna sit back and watch Darwin at work.:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: BittrBuffalo]
    #18502837 -

According to Notahacker420 its bullshit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #18502877 -

i got my nesco at fleet farm for 25 or 30 i believe with 5 trays and can put another few on there also.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators *DELETED* [Re: BittrBuffalo]
    #18502911 -

Post deleted by malicom

Reason for deletion: 1



--------------------
1) Everything I ever posted or say is a lie.

Edited by Sillyputty67 (07/02/13 04:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tired of desiccants! Recommendations on dehydrators [Re: Sillyputty67]
    #18502929 -

:whathesaid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* desiccant vs. Dehydrator royal618 2,282 3 06/21/05 07:53 PM
by tahoe
* Need Desiccant with Dehydrator? Anonymous 1,085 1 07/20/03 10:43 PM
by Psilocybin_monkey
* Looking for desiccant. phungi 664 6 08/07/06 10:15 AM
by monstermitch
* shroom dehydrator? civicracerx7 1,328 8 03/02/06 07:02 PM
by mycodetour
* Dehydrators with temp as low as 95 degrees Sko 2,276 5 04/29/03 01:19 PM
by SixTango
* Nesco Dehydrator Trays Dexter_Morgan 2,496 6 04/29/05 02:39 AM
by ThumpaCap
* Need Nesco (and general) Food Dehydrator Advice sudont 2,038 6 02/07/06 10:41 PM
by sudont
* the Perfect Dehydrator? krill 734 1 02/11/06 07:57 AM
by Holydiver

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
779 topic views. 10 members, 36 guests and 129 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.