Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
bank of america
    #1848097 - 08/25/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

A couple months ago I had only $20 in my account. I spent $3 here, $3 here, $2 here, buying candy and shit from the gas station :laugh: hehe.

Then when i was close to $0, my friend really needed some gas, and i gave him $20 worth thinking i would overdraft for him.

When i got my bank statement, the $20 came first, putting me at $0, and the smaller purchases were after that, making like 10 overdraft fees instead of one. This put me $200 dollars in the hole for $20 fee. WTF.

I called up bank of america to clear it up, and everyone i called told me that every night the purchases are entered, starting with the biggest amount, and working towards the smallest one. It is, and always has been policy, and there is nothing they could do about it.

I finally called a lady and let her know what i think and she got an attitude "I'm not here with you to argue, this is a bank, we gave you money you did not have, you signed a disclosure, and we are not here to give out free money."

I was kinda shocked and replied to her "Maam, im sorry if i came off like I did, im not trying to argue, and dont expect anything from you, i was just double checking to confirm, and see if there wasnt anything i could do about them because $200 for a $20 ovevrdraft is alot"

She then told me that she would like to help me, but she has no power to unless it was bank error, or the card was stolen. Then she went and said "Well there was 1 atm balance check for $1 that shouldnt have been there, so i can remove that, and its $18 fee."

"That would be awsome" I said, as she removed it. "Thank you for all your time, and again im sorry for coming off the way i did, i really didnt mean to try and argue, i was just a little frustrated. Have an excellent day!"

Then i got a "Hold on a min."
"I was checking your overdraft fees, and the first one should be $18 and the rest of them $28. Since your first overdraft fee here is $28, and not $18, that means it was a bank error, and I can refund all the money to you."

Me "are you serious?"
her "Yes sir, your account has been credited the full amount"
me "that is so wonderful, you are the best"
her "you know how to treat people right young man, and its been a pleasure of mine to help you today"
me "no, its been MY pleasure, again thank you very much, you are a lifesaver"
her "you are mighty welcome"
me "have a good day!"
her "you too"

I was thinking damn, that takes care of ALOT of problems, that is so awsome. Then i got to thinking, bank error? The first fee WAS $18, and there was no error, but she REMOVED that one for me, and then the NEW first one was $28. lol. bank error my ass. bank lady was watching out for me. good shit. this is why i try to always have a good attitude. 

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: bank of america [Re: tak]
    #1848119 - 08/25/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

sweet deal yo

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Anonymous

#1848120 - 08/25/03 11:26 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

good job, man.

that was nice of them to do that.

now don't give out your money, because you see all the trouble it will give you. :wink:

peace

zerohero

Anonymous

#1848203 - 08/25/03 12:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

don't disrespect a PIMP!

Offlinelateralus
Re: bank of america [Re: ]
    #1848297 - 08/25/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Wait a minute... first you get shafted for 200$ because of their system which is purposefully made to screw innocent people over... then when you kiss ass to the lady at the bank and she makes things as they should have been in the first place, youre happy?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: bank of america [Re: lateralus]
    #1848467 - 08/25/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Although I'm glad that you were able to keep your cool and be nice to that bank worker, I agree with lateralus on this. I've had nothing but bad experiences with banks...Bank of America in particular. Imagine what would have happened if that nice girl wasn't looking out for a fellow human being? You would have gotten shafted.

-ShadeGirl

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1848483 - 08/25/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Almost the exact same thing happened to me with Bank of America. They were kind enough to drop my fees as well.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: bank of america [Re: MOTH]
    #1848596 - 08/25/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you guys just aren't pimps

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: bank of america [Re: lateralus]
    #1848863 - 08/25/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lateralus said:
Wait a minute... first you get shafted for 200$ because of their system which is purposefully made to screw innocent people over... then when you kiss ass to the lady at the bank and she makes things as they should have been in the first place, youre happy?

I know what you mean man. I am not happy that it happend, im closing my account, and finding something better to do with my money than give it to them. However the money was lawfully thiers, and if they wanted, they could have taken it. I may not be up a couple hundred, but i sure as hell almost lost it.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinespooky_D
angry lawn gnome

#1849915 - 08/25/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

man, you got damned lucky, when my mom banked at bank of america, she had 2 accounts, one checking and one savings. she had a VERY strict watch on what she did in that checkbook (by that i mean rebalancing it atleast 5 times a night to make sure everything was right) then one day, she gets an overdraft charge of 350$, and was like wtf?????? so she called up the bank, and got shafted fucking royally, ok, she was supposed to have overdraft protection, but the thing is, the bank used the money in her SAVINGS to cover fort he checking, and with overdraft protection, that aint supposed to happen....period. the bank more or less told her to go to hell because she had less then 500 bucks in any of her accounts and there was nothing that they could, or WOULD do about it.

so consider yourself luck man, very lucky.

--------------------
yes, we all may die sooner or later, but one things for DAMNED sure, THE FUCKING LAWN GNOMES ARE COMIN DOWN WITH US MAN!!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1