Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Ask a Car Salesman [Re: Synthe]
    #18401893 -

Synthe said:
Quote:
I went looking for a new whip today and felt like I was basically lied to the entire day about the price and what not. I'm looking for a simply reliable Honda accord that's like a 2001-02 for around 10,000-11,000 and I know there out there. I wish I could catch someone wanting to trade it in and offer them the cash and get it done without going through a dealer.

also when you think youve found the one you want take it to a indipendent garage and have it checked out this may bring you more negotiation room. if the dont give you what you want, walk out, they will call you back.
scum of the earth i tell you. good luck.

2007 Toyota Prius... I'm green now.

I got all the options except leather because I really don't like leather seats in a car... But it's got everything else. 9 speaker CD/Sirius radio, DVD navigation, backup camera... it's cool as hell.

It basically came down to the test drive... I wanted to see the pickup, which is like any other small car. And I wanted to test the AC... I need AC, and even on just battery power it was cold and strong.

So I bought it. I should get it on Friday... WOOT!




What would you say to this poster?



You actually have the right, by law, to take any vehicle to your mechanic to have it checked out.

There are scumbag sales people out there, but most are not. The car business today is NOT what it

was 10 years ago. Todays car business focuses on customer satisfaction. Some folks don't have the

finesse to be able strongly negotiate and still come off as pleasant. My year to date CSI "Customer

Satisfaction Index" is at 99.7%. Believe it or not, but one can loose his or her job with too low of a CSI. 

There are some customers that just have it in their head that all sales people are scum and alike. No

matter what you say "It's a lie" to these people. When I'm able to prove myself to one of these people

they become a true loyal customer for life. A lot of sales people just can't get that through their head

and might get frustrated with the situation and blow the customer out, confirming the customers

fears.


--------------------
Cube Master

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask a Car Salesman [Re: PDU]
    #18401907 -

PDU said:
Also, would it be possible to "trade" in a motorcycle towards a car at dealership?



ABSOLUTELY!!!  We can take almost anything.

Things I've taken in on trade: motorcycles, motorhomes, pull behind rv's, diamond ring, vaccum cleaner, boats......that's the craziest shit that I can think of at the moment.


--------------------
Cube Master

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask a Car Salesman [Re: candyflip420]
    #18401919 -

candyflip420 said:
JCSuperstar said:
So like the subject states, I'm a new and preowned car salesman.

"The non-sleezy type"

I've been doing this for 13 years and have held almost every position a dealership has to offer.

So if anyone in this AWESOME community ever needs any advise on any part of the car buying

experience including but not limited to pricing, financing or how to handle issues after the purchase,

please feel free to ask.

JCS




Have you ever had someone come in and want to buy some expensive car in cash ? If so what happen?



Happens pretty often. It kinda sucks because like 3 people, minimum, have to count that shit, including me.


--------------------
Cube Master

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask a Car Salesman [Re: JCSuperstar]
    #18404028 -

JCSuperstar said:
  There are some customers that just have it in their head that all sales people are scum and alike. No

matter what you say "It's a lie" to these people. When I'm able to prove myself to one of these people

they become a true loyal customer for life. A lot of sales people just can't get that through their head

and might get frustrated with the situation and blow the customer out, confirming the customers

fears.



This is a mature and wise way of looking at the situation. I am a tough customer for many things,because I usually find myself more informed and enabled than sales people in most retail situations.

However, with something like a car where i am pretty much clueless, I would approach with caution, ask lots of questions (maybe even research and write a list.) I would take my time to figure out (for myself) how things like financing work and if through all that the salesperson was helpful, honest and showed integrity, I would enter into an agreement to purchase a vehicle from them.

I really appreciate your responses so far.

I am about to drop $400 on my radiator/thermostat, and I am overpaying to an extent and could have probably done it myself, but didn't think it was worth the hassle to save a hundred or so dollars.

However, i think i am going to clean my car up, start advertising it to see if there's any interest, save up a grand or two through the summer, sell my motorcycle and buy newer/nicer car in the fall.

I am leaning towards taking the plunge and getting something ideally with less than 100K and about 2006 or newer hopefully for 10-12k.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask a Car Salesman [Re: JCSuperstar]
    #18404210 -

Has anyone ever tried to take a car for a test drive shit faced drunk?  If they did and they got pulled over/got a DUI who would pay for the car to be towed?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask a Car Salesman [Re: JCSuperstar]
    #18404563 -

JCSuperstar said:
You actually have the right, by law, to take any vehicle to your mechanic to have it checked out.



Interesting, I didn't know that.
I had a friend do that to a smaller car lot some years back. Thing was, he intentionally picked out a truck with a trailer hitch so he could drive 70 miles out to pick up his broken down car. It would of worked if it wasn't for those meddling cops, lack of plates/temp window sticker. They all agreed it was pretty ingenious and had a laugh after the car lot didn't press charges. Still had to call a tow truck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask a Car Salesman [Re: 4runner]
    #18406590 -

:okiapprove:


--------------------
Prisoner#1 said:
[quote]destructo_low said:
Prisoner's posts by percentage.

Smart and witty - 9.9999922409044%

Kind and caring - 0.0000077590956%
[/quote]

worthy of a facepalm - 90%[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Car salesmen: The reputation holds true Holydiver 1,180 8 09/17/05 11:34 PM
by badchad
* I hate car salesmen *update*
( 1 2 all )
WhiteBunny 3,159 39 02/28/06 04:12 PM
by Liz
* What Kind-a-car do you drive?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
TrancedShroom 7,599 96 04/15/06 09:51 AM
by Muppet69_420
* looking for advice on what kind of certified pre-owned cars I should look at?
( 1 2 all )
HB 2,439 25 07/20/07 03:08 PM
by WhiskeyClone
* buying a new or a used car
( 1 2 all )
Banez 1,270 24 05/07/07 07:47 PM
by Irradiated_Feces
* Salesmen are too pushy four20snakeman 543 2 11/18/03 04:07 PM
by RunDMT
* Your Dream Car!
( 1 2 all )
TrancedShroom 2,243 25 04/21/06 12:53 PM
by goobler
* Damn ricer cars
( 1 2 3 all )
Konnrade 4,071 42 05/13/06 04:53 PM
by theuser

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,466 topic views. 7 members, 16 guests and 147 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.