Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChopperDave
Ghetto Drying and Storing
    #1836023 - 08/21/03 01:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Before I ask my question, I just want to say thanks to everyone helping me here. My spores should come tomorrow, and I will make the jars and innoculate this weekend. Expect me to put up a grow log. Now, on to the question :smile:

When my babies are ready to harvest, how effecient would it be to cut them into say, slices, and put them on top of a fan and turn it on for a few hours. Would this dry them out so they keep for a few months? If not, what other cheap techniques can I use?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: Ghetto Drying and Storing [Re: ChopperDave]
    #1836041 - 08/21/03 01:43 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

This is all stuff that a friend of a friend of yours is doing, get it straight!

You're already worrying about drying?  lol, well, I've never heard of the cutting into tiny pieces technique, but there are easy and cheap drying methods.  The most common cheap techique is to fan dry them for say 24 hours or more, until most of the water is gone from them.  Then use damp-rid (most supermarkets carry this, and home depot type stores definitely carry it) or other dessicant to dry them completely.  You can do a search in the forum here for damp rid, drying, and you should get about 1000 threads that give many different suggestions.  A little bit of research and I bet you'll get more options than you wanted :smile:

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Ghetto Drying and Storing [Re: ChopperDave]
    #1836506 - 08/21/03 08:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

cutting them will most certainly turn them blue, a lot of negative things have been said about this. I agree with Kukusz, fan dry overnight or even two days, then use some desiccant.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
Re: Ghetto Drying and Storing [Re: soochi]
    #1836514 - 08/21/03 08:35 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

if they are BIG shrooms (i'd say at least 1/2 inch diameter stalks and more) you should cut them in half down the stalk so they dry out faster but there is no need to with smaller ones. if you are lucky enough to get shrooms this big, slice them with a sharp exacto knife and try not to handle them too much when you're cutting.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Ghetto Drying and Storing [Re: houshroom]
    #1838363 - 08/21/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You go slicing your shrooms up, your gonna degrade potency. Just put them in front of a fan for 3 days, then put them in a dessicant chamber, thats as ghetto as it gets and it dries them with very little potency loss.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Ghetto Drying and Storing [Re: resin]
    #1838393 - 08/21/03 06:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

or just put them on a paper towel in front of a window seal they should be dry in a week.i know, i know, the heat, the heat. my window seal only gets about 90 degrees. it doesn't hurt them too bad.

Anonymous

Post deleted by papaver [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #1838539 - 08/21/03 07:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineBen_Stein
Spelling Gestapo

Loc: Hooterville
Re: Ghetto Drying and Storing [Re: ]
    #1839009 - 08/21/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ya, and don't go counting your shrooms before they hatch.  :nut:

--------------------
I'm so ready to start growing. I've shroomed twice and loved it to no extent. --Mindgames

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags