Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Travellers
    #1819899 - 08/16/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I live in rural Iowa the heart of Bovine America and as you may have guessed we get very few travellers thru this area and most of the people are horribly isolated.

On Thursday I was heading into a local town to get produce from a farmer who sells all kinds of goodies in the K-Mart parking lot. As I passed a water tower I noticed 2 people, a couple, in overalls with dreadlocked hair waiting with bags. I decided to pull over and ask them where they were headed, hell there's a few of us in the area they could of been looking for, but no, their desitination was a track and trail(hitchhiker/hobo) gathering of some sort in Wisconsin. I said I'd be happy to take them to the busiest intersection I knew of with in 60 miles radius. They were happy I offered and they said everyone in Iowa just stared or waved at them, the only rides they got were from farmers who travelled no further than 15-20 miles on thier average day, getting dropped off at towns of 500-1,000.

They came from Fort Collins, CO riding trains to Omaha, and they looked it, the BO strong and they sut from the Road deeply inbedded into their hands and skin, nothing I mind, I've been there a few times myself. We exchanged story's about shows and travels galour.

They were friendly and talkative telling me how they'd been kicked off a train by a cop in Omaha who gave them very little hassle except for the fact that they couldn't stay there. On up I-29 they went and off to Sioux City a IBP/meth Ghetto. He said he'd seen the largest rat of his life there, and he said he'd seen alot. He told me about riding trains up north, thru the back country where no roads are, getting a special peak at places like Glacier National Park and Yellowstone.
In the middle of this all the woman chimed in " would you like to smoke some pot?" just then I heard the jar opened and one hell of a dank aroma filled the car. I didn't even need to respond, well hell yeah I would like some pot! Jesus! I've been out for a week and there is no good weed with in 100 miles, I gotta drive to get any good prices and I was in dire need of my medicine at the time.
It was very good weed, one of the best ones I've had this summer and I've smoked a smorgis board of strains in the last few months.

We chatted the rest of the drive about our future plans, they were holed up in Colorado for awhile trying to save for Europe because they've seen this country they said, I told them about my plans to head West soon just to see some things I haven't before and then they were gone like the wind, I seen them chatting to a trucker and maybe even starting to get in as I pulled away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Travellers [Re: Adom]
    #1819934 - 08/16/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

THAT is fuckin' awesome!

when i took a greyhound down to florida last spring break, i ended up just livin on the streets for a weekend cuz i didn't have a place to stay, and i met these two really awesome travellers.

they were just comin' up from a rainbow gathering in ocalla, or somewhere like that, and they were stayin in the town i was in that weekend too. one of them had this really cool dog who travelled with him wherever he went. they were two of the coolest people i've ever met and they had a lot of great stories and thoughts to share.

it was definitely an awesome random encounter.

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: Travellers [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1819948 - 08/16/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I love it, I was really grim untill I seen them at the side of the road, they've been in my thoughts for awhile. I'm trapped here for the next 3 months, actually alittle less but anyways these random encounters are awesome, I love being on the road running into people all over, sharing story's, thoughts, food, drugs, you name it. Good people, Beautiful People.

It was hard seeing them to though, I wanted to say fuck this credit card bill fuck the grand I owe my mom and go with them, but that wouldn't be very nice of me and then I'd have problems in the back of my mind, when I hit the road I'm doing it with out plastic and with out borrowed cash from now on.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1819969 - 08/16/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

dude! i wanted to go with the travellers i met, too! i was so tempted!

but i was like, shit, i'm in college and i'm spending a lot of money to go to college, so i should probably go back home and stay in college.

sometimes i think i should've just said fuck it all and went, tho!

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
Re: Travellers [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1822255 - 08/17/03 08:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I absolutly love meeting travlers and exchanging stories...i've me some of the coolest people this way...I've done alot of hitch hiking and i've been homeless before...I actually was homeless like 3 weeks ago...but now I finally have a place to stay for alittle ...but when you meet good brothers and sisters like that, you realize that there are really good people still around who havent let commerilism and 9-5 jobs take over there life...

OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: Travellers [Re: forevadazin]
    #1823656 - 08/17/03 05:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

where do they get $$$$ for pot and food???

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: Travellers [Re: Hans_Moleman]
    #1825423 - 08/18/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The people I met worked 4-5 months a year for money. I've met people who sell all kinds of stuff, drugs, hemp braids, insence, some have fair type booths they sell stuff at festivals, fairs and concerts. I know alot of people who don't ever have a dime and they somehow eat everyday and make it around the country, not everyone cares about money, it's really only barter, it's not a necesity. You can keep fed with 20$ for two weeks if you are creative with ti.

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
    #1826428 - 08/18/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Drugs is the easiest way and will always work...selling food always works, concert shirts, and sometimes you can get lucky and find someone who needs help with some labor...I got a ride with a guy who needed help moving and he payed me like 40 bucks to help for a couple hours...stuff like that...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds