Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
travel photos
    #3043131 -

I really love mj's photos of Thailand, so I thought I'd post some random pictures from my own journey there. I spent a few months teaching and travelling there earlier in the year and I miss the place more and more every day...

This is a mountain temple in the Chiang Dao region of Chiang Mai province. You have to walk up over 500 stairs to reach the temple, part of which is built inside a cave. There was not a soul around except me, my boyfriend and a monk.


Here's the temple from about halfway up the stairs:


A beautiful butterfly spotted in the jungles of Northern Thailand:


This is the waterfall used in the filming of that shitty, trashy movie, The Beach. It's in the amazing Khao Yai National Park.


Gibbons in Khao Yai.
I also encountered a family of wild elephants here at night, which was magical... but the camera wasn't working, of course!


An evening in Patong, Phuket. Patong is mega touristy and pretty scummy, but it has nice sunsets.


The most beautiful, unspoiled place that I visited was the remote Similan Islands Marine Park in the Andaman Sea. This is what it looks like underwater. The water is very blue because the reefs are down quite deep. The water there is so clear you can see fish and coral 30 metres below the boat.


--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: Fina]
    #3043136 -

So damn beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.  :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: MOTH]
    #3045689 -

EllemyshShade said:
So damn beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.  :heart:



hell yeah. im jealous.
i would love to be secluded with fina there :loveeyes:


--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: Fina]
    #3045716 -

Amazing, I have to check that place out some day.  I need to get to college again so I can afford some real travels some day.  Thank you for sharing.

:heart: :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: Fina]
    #3045730 -

those are awesome pictures :laugh:


--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: Fina]
    #3045787 -

WOW!


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: Fina]
    #3045887 -

Wow, beautiful pictures. I can't wait to go there someday. Thanks for sharing!


--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: Fina]
    #3045896 -

very nice


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: Fina]
    #3046672 -

Cool pics Fina...I was just there in March, and I'm already missing Thailand.


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: MOTH]
    #3046809 -

EllemyshShade said:
So damn beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.  :heart:




--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: travel photos [Re: Fina]
    #3048804 -

very nice!

I want to travel too :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Travel report Thailand Una 2,190 8 10/23/02 06:52 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Travels in Thailand
( 1 2 all )
mjshroomer 4,512 27 02/18/07 09:08 PM
by mjshroomer
* A visit to Thailand okayjose 976 3 03/12/03 02:13 AM
by IDontGrow
* Thailand Full Moon Party? Slite 822 1 03/18/05 07:33 AM
by Rono
* A Few Landscapes from Thailand mjshroomer 1,219 14 12/29/05 11:48 AM
by GnuBobo
* Cool NYTimes article about Travel Writing. OneMoreRobot3021 1,124 2 07/10/06 02:42 PM
by ClammyJoe
* Thailand here we come..... trev 2,002 15 08/16/03 07:50 AM
by trev
* America's Most Wanted - Jason Temple
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Adom 12,097 67 01/07/15 10:22 PM
by Learyfan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,511 topic views. 13 members, 23 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.