Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Travels in Thailand [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6580385 - 02/18/07 02:15 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

This is a bit off-topic, but isn't Thailand one of the leading countries in child prostitution?

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Travels in Thailand [Re: Konnrade]
    #6580402 - 02/18/07 02:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I can't die before living in Thailand for some time. Not for the above mentioned reason though.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Travels in Thailand [Re: shroomhead0069]
    #6580410 - 02/18/07 02:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroomhead0069 said:
were you doing some of the ummm yea how do you say
mike gordonesqe thingz?

:strokebeard:

OfflineOMniversal
A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Male

Loc: The Synaptic Cleft
Re: Travels in Thailand [Re: Boom]
    #6580581 - 02/18/07 05:25 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for sharing!! I plan to go to Thailand sometime next year for the first time and I cant wait! Great pics! :smile:

--------------------
"We contemplate the same stars, the Heavens are common to us all, and the same world surrounds us. What matters the path of wisdom by which each person seeks the truth? One cannot reach such a great mystery by a single path." - Symmachus, challenging the violent persecution of pagans by Catholic Roman emperor Theodosius I

"When you look at yourself from a universal standpoint, something inside always reminds or informs you that there are bigger and better things to worry about."
-Einstein

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Travels in Thailand [Re: OMniversal]
    #6582321 - 02/18/07 05:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

For all of those who want to go to Thailand, this post is of Cambodia, not Thailand.

btw, Cambodia is a cesspool and place of Child prostitution, but the Philippines is probably worst. The authorities are now finally being curtailing those illicit activities.

Phnom Penh, the Capital is disgusting place. Only been there once and did not like it. I do not like big cities when I am away from America.

Now, Angkor Wat is only accessible from the road or water. Plane fare is $350.00 rt trip from Bangkok, and takes 30-45 minutes depending on which flight you are on.

From the road it takes 10-12 hours from the border and longer to travel to Angkor due to pot-holes and bad rich red-clay like soil which constantly sinks causing pot holes along the route. Cost is about $35.00 rt.

Or fly to Phnom Penh and take a boat to Angkor Wat region and then a pedi-cab ride to Xiem Riap.

Here are six images of the road to Angkor Wat form the Cambodia Border at the refugee camps at Pophet, Kampuchea.

Leaving the border town:

on the long and lonely road:

A collapsed bridge and locals repair. Took over 3 1/2 hours to fix. The metal slab was in the water under the bridge and had to be towed out by a larger vehicle and then the wood replaced.

A vehicle of local travelers in front of us.

Why is the road ahead so damaged?

Due to rain and large vehicles overloaded with goodies and travelers.

And here is a good one of many on a vehicle traveling to the Angkor region

This next image below is not mine but form a Nat. Geo. mag of the late 1960s on what the GI's did when passing through the region.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #6582988 - 02/18/07 08:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Six of 8 of us

mj

OfflineFina
Banana Spacegirl

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
    #6583081 - 02/18/07 08:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phnom Penh, the Capital is disgusting place. Only been there once and did not like it.

Speak for yourself, Mj. I've been to Phnom Penh a couple of times and I love it! Before I arrived there I half expected a grimy, ugly, dangerous place... but it's actually remarkably attractive and full of character.. lots of beautiful colonial buildings, awesome markets, the Royal Palace and the National Museum which is stunning. Great restaurant, great nightlife, always lots of action and I found the locals to be extremely friendly. Compared with most Asian capitals it's not really a big city.

Granted, the atmosphere can be pretty overwhelming and not for everyone.. lots of beggars, insane traffic, aggressive tuk tuk drivers... the lakeside area is a complete dump, and parts of the city do feel distinctly unsafe. It's not for everyone, but still, after the great time I had there I'm a bit shocked you completely write it off as "disgusting."

If you just did the obligatory tour through the Killing Fields and S-21, well that tends to leave a pretty bleak impression, but I've kicked back and partied there for a week at a time and it was great.

--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Travels in Thailand [Re: Fina]
    #6583162 - 02/18/07 09:08 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

While I went there twice, I had a great time myself. And yes I saw many of the same things you saw ans I stillhad a good time. I would personally, if not for the museum, recommend it to anyone. I would recommend Angkor, although now there are more than 60 buses of touristsa day arriving at Angkor and the majority are Japanese people. A primary contributor to the restoration of the temples. Germans and Italians are the next biggest contributors.

mj

Of course abnyone can have a good time there, but as a whole I do not like big cities

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder