Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had * 1
    #18209097 -

This post is a summary of all the seemingly supernatural and paranormal experiences that I can remember from my own life. I promise that it is as accurate as possible and contains no deliberate fabrications.  I do not pretend this is evidence of anything, but these are nevertheless real experiences that I had which you may find interesting.

1. I was at my cabin taking a solo mushroom trip. I was hearing a voice speak to me, telling me many spiritual/mystical secrets having to do with our role as co-creators of our own reality. The general message was something along the lines of "you are the God of your own reality". Suddenly this flow of insights was interrupted. I abruptly had a frightening thought that entered my mind unbidden- "your father was just in a car accident".

I became afraid. I could not shake this thought. I tried to convince myself I was just tripping out but could not do so. I decided I would simply call my father, and when I heard him safe and sound I would be able to get on with my trip. So I called him.

His voice sounded shaken when he picked up. "Hi Dad" I said "how are you?"

"Im ok..." he replied "I just hit a bear on the highway".

I was shocked. I asked him how long ago this was. He said about five minutes . I calculated that this was almost exactly how long ago the thought had entered my head. Apparently my random suspicion that he had been in a car accident was actually correct. He was not hurt.


2. I was sitting in the basement with some friends. Again, I was on mushrooms. I was zoning out, paying no attention to the conversation. I was staring at a piece of yarn that was lying on a desk in front of me. All of a sudden the yarn rose up on one end, standing up straight, and waved back and forth for about three seconds.

My mind was blown. I spun around to see if anyone else had seen it. My friend Mitch, who was sitting behind me, was staring at the yarn, eyes wide, face pale. "Did you see that?!" I said. He acknowledged that he too had seen the yarn rise up and dance.

Perhaps it was some quirk of static electricity, but I have never seen anything like it before or since.

3. I was in a back lane with a friend. The back lane curved. I heard the sound of a car approaching. Before the car came into view, I ran and hid behind a fence. Even as I did it I had no idea why and was embarrassed about this strange action. When the car came into view it accelerated, and the passenger opened his passenger door and intentionally used it to strike my friend who was still standing in the road. He was badly injured with black bruises all up the side of his body.

Apparently I had some kind of precognitive warning that the car was dangerous and ran and hid, even though I had no reason to anticipate the events that followed.

4. I was in a cabin playing a drinking game . We were playing with one of those odd Iraq most wanted military decks. One of the most wanted was a very fat funny looking general. We had decided that when that card was flipped everyone would need to pound their drinks. I was getting very drunk and did not want to drink more. All the cards were face down. My friend was reaching for a card to flip it. "no! " I said "not that one!". Everyone looked at me oddly. He flipped it. It was fat man. Somehow, I knew that it was. I had to pound my drink. Everyone was perplexed, as they could all tell I had somehow known which card it was before it was flipped.

5. I was in the cabin on mushrooms with a friend. I began to get insights into magic and how to do it. I began spontaneously speaking in an invented language I called "warlock talk". Earlier in the day my friend and I had been running and jumping and playing in the yard, rolling around. He was channeling a squirrel, I was channeling in a bear.

Now we were inside. It was pitch black outside. My friend, who had severe asthma, suddenly realized he had lost his inhaler outside. He was worried, as we had been all over the place and it would be very hard to find in the dark.

I told him not to worry, I would do a spell. I took a staff in hand, began making hand gestures and speaking an incantation in warlock talk . Then I took a flashlight, opened the door, and thrust my arm out while turning the flashlight on. My friend stood beside me. As the flashlight came on, it illuminated a patch of the yard about one square foot in diameter. Square in the middle of that patch was the inhaler.

I had not moved the flashlight from side to side or searched at all. I simply thrust my arm out, turned it on, and there it was, a perfectly successful and wildly improbable conclusion to my spell.

6. Earlier that same day, I had begun to get insights into how hand gestures are used for magical effects. I had the thought that if I extended my index and pointer fingers, and then turned them face down, it would have the effect of turning the lights off, like snuffing a candle. I tried it. At the exact moment I did so, the lights in the room went off for about one second, then came back on. The effect had worked exactly as I had intuited it would.

7. I was walking with a friend outside. He told me that he had a dream the night before, in which the two of us were walking on that very same street, and a firetruck had driven by followed by an ambulance. About thirty seconds later a firetruck turned on to the street and drove by, followed by an ambulance, exactly as he had just said had happened in his dream.

8. I had two friends over to my home. As the night was winding down my friends were preparing to leave the house. I suddenly realized something bad was going to happen to my friend on his way home. I went to my wife and told her I had to go with my friend, because something bad was going to happen to him. She was confused but let me go.

In the parking lot my other friend was going to get in the same car with us. I told him not to, to go in his own car, in order to protect him.

As we began to drive to my friend's house, I began to recite a mantra in my head. I had an absolute certainty that some harm was impending on us. We came to a round about. My friend accelerated. He smashed at high speed in to the side of a taxi cab. The taxi cab went spinning to the other side of the road and crashed in to a street lamp. My friend began to drive quickly away. He had T-boned the other driver and was now attempting a hit and run.

"Alex!" I said "you have  to go back and make sure that guy is OK!"

"Fuck that!" he said and continued to drive off. " Alex! " I insisted "You HAVE to go back and see if he is ok!". I insisted. Finally he relented, turned around and went back.

The cab driver was now surrounded by about ten fellow Sikhs. They were furious that he had hit and run. I stood to one side and meditated. I noticed a Sikh man standing to one side as well, who was also peaceful and calm. Everyone else was angry and yelling and in a fluster. The peaceful Sikh man and I met each other's gaze and nodded at one another. I had the impression that he and I had the same role to play. We were both "peacekeeping" in a situation that might otherwise have escalated, simply by our meditative presence.

Information was exchanged, apologies were made, and we drove home. The other driver was fortunately not hurt.

In any case, my intuition that something bad would happen to my friend on his way home was correct, and if I had not been there he would have hit and run, possibly been caught for it, and possibly gone to jail. In any case my presence was pivotal in insuring he did the right thing and went back to check on the other driver.

9. I was at a music festival. Me and about six of my friends were sitting silently in  a semi circle, zoning out. Suddenly, with no prewarning, no signal, no sign, we all burst in to the same song, in perfect synchronization.

There was no explanation for how we all knew what song to sing, or why we all burst in to the same song.

10. I was at a friend's house. We were all doing mushrooms. During the trip I became fixated on the saying "it is what it is, though". I repeated this several times.

Suddenly my friend jumped up wide eyed and ran out of the room. he returned with a book in his hand. he opened it and pointed to the front page. The front page was the acknowledgments page. It had my name

Dan- followed by the words "It is what it is though". it was the same name, and the same exact quote I had been saying. I had never seen the book before. It would have been less odd if it had simply said "it is what it is" which is a fairly common phrase, but both the book and I had added the "though".

Although this list is not exhaustive, it is all that I can recall at the moment.

The most common element in these stories is precognition, the inexplicable foreknowledge of events that later came to pass. In a few cases, such as the car accident one, It was verifiable by others that I had indeed predicted the events in advance. I had told my wife something bad was going to happen, and so she could attest to it when the car accident occurred. Somehow, I knew.

Obviously all of these stories are anecdotes. They are experiences that I had, with no laboratory controls. Furthermore, I was on hallucinogenic drugs in many of them. There is nothing here to convince a skeptic that ESP and telepathy exists.

However, they are all honest accounts of things I experienced, which have certainly given me reason to suspect that ESP and telepathy exist and that I can on occasion manifest these abilities.

I do not believe there is anything unique or different about me or that I have special powers. I believe that all humans have these latent abilities which can spontaneously manifest and can most likely be refined and strengthened by certain kinds of training. Probably some people have a natural gift or talent for it and can do it more often and more easily, but I do not necessarily think I am one of them.

Thank you for reading! Please share similar experiences from your own life.

:levitate:


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Edited by Moonshoe (05/03/13 04:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Moonshoe]
    #18209195 -

Quote:
1. I was at my cabin taking a solo mushroom trip. I was hearing a voice speak to me, telling me many spiritual/mystical secrets having to do with our role as co-creators of our own reality. The general message was something along the lines of "you are the God of your own reality". Suddenly this flow of insights was interrupted. I abruptly had a frightening thought that entered my mind unbidden- "your father was just in a car accident".

I became afraid. I could not shake this thought. I tried to convince myself I was just tripping out but could not do so. I decided I would simply call my father, and when I heard him safe and sound I would be able to get on with my trip. So I called him.

His voice sounded shaken when he picked up. "Hi Dad" I said "how are you?"

"Im ok..." he replied "I just hit a bear on the highway".

I was shocked. I asked him how long ago this was. He said about five minutes . I calculated that this was almost exactly how long ago the thought had entered my head. Apparently my random suspicion that he had been in a car accident was actually correct. He was not hurt.





While I do not doubt the veracity of your story, what does it mean when one of has those visions that is not confirmed in reality? Do people here ever report the misses? Almost never.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Moonshoe]
    #18209236 -

Quote:
I had the impression that he and I had the same role to play. We were both "peacekeeping" in a situation that might otherwise have escalated, simply by our meditative presence.




Nice bit of projection.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Moonshoe]
    #18209273 -

I think of coyote (american native coyote) or Loki (the norse trickster)
to help me explain why we cannot claim the million dollar prize.
inexplicable stuff happens, stuff that pushes well past what we can accept as coincidence and none of it is repeatable, though inexplicably similar stuff happens again and again with the character of deja vu.
it is not deja vu
it is life, and probably loki


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: redgreenvines]
    #18209348 -

So the force that enables paranormal events is fundamentally a trickster, and refuses to perform on demand?

Sounds about right to me.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Moonshoe]
    #18209406 -

Quote:
So the force that enables paranormal events is fundamentally a trickster, and refuses to perform on demand?




Confirmation bias and projection are not forces. It is not an outside agent, but one's own mind that is the trickster.

*no source*

Someone once did a study of all of the large train, plane and ship accidents resulting in major loss of life over a 10 year period and checked the number of cancellations vs. the number of cancellations in non-accident voyages. The number was essentially the same.

*BTW, mystic heads predicted a large difference in the numbers*

Many of those that cancelled the accident voyage claimed to have had 'a feeling something bad was going to happen'.

Very few of those who cancelled the non-accident voyage had such a feeling.

What is the most logical conclusion?


--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (05/03/13 05:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18209423 -

I agree with you that you have identified a very plausible explanation- when we have a feeling that turns out to be an accurate prediction, we remember it, and when we have a feeling that leads to nothing, we forget it, which leads to the long term perception that we are having lots of psychic events, when really we are just remembering all the lucky rolls of the dice and forgetting the unlucky ones- but its all just rolls of the dice.

However, the strong feelings of certainty I had in most of these events were unique in my life. I honestly do not think I have had those feelings before in events that led to nothing. The strong emotional feeling/conviction only seems to occur when some even actually follows.

I think so, anyways. Memory is unreliable, of course.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Moonshoe]
    #18209433 -

everyone has a little loki in them


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Moonshoe]
    #18209487 -

Obviously, I cannot directly address your emotional state or degree of certainty. So what can we look at? Again I have to go with empirical data. While there are tens of thousands of post-dictions (people claiming to have felt or seen something about to happen such as 9/11, but not claimed until after-the-fact), there are very few validated and time-stamped predictions in this internet age.

Oftentimes someone feels something bad is about to happen without defining 'bad' or 'about to'. Is bad stepping on a piece of glass while barefoot, getting a break-up call from your gf/wife, failing to get a raise or what? Is the time frame minutes, hours, days or weeks?

As to projection, I have often referenced religious author Huston Smith's mushroom trip wherein he 'knew' that he was in tune with others and what they were thinking. After the comedown he spoke to them and they had no such reciprocal feelings. It was an eye-opener for him because of his degree of surety.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: redgreenvines]
    #18209495 -

A mixed martial arts fighter is facing murder charges for cutting another man's heart out of his chest after taking magic mushrooms.

Jarrod Wyatt and fellow MMA fighter Taylor Powell took the psychedelic drugs and apparently had the worst trip of all time when they became convinced that the world was coming to an end.

Wyatt lost it when he began to allegedly see the devil in Powell's face, so he cut an 18-inch hole in his chest, removed his heart, cut out his tongue, skinned his face off, and then cooked various body parts in a wood stove!

Police Sgt. Elwood Lee responded to the March 21 911 call, and said that Wyatt kept telling him that "Satan was in that dude" and he needed to "stop the devil."


Maybe it was Satan. Likely not though... :tongue:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18209524 -

When you trip, you are wide open.
In a way, it's like Lord of the Rings (putting on that ring)
You can see them, but they can see you.
Be careful, as "winds both foul and fair all swarm"

  Well this is what I believe anyway.
I've never felt so open as during my aya travels.
All too real

Do I believe your stories? You bet I do


--------------------


spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Oeric McKenna]
    #18209556 -

Of course you do. :nicekitty:

And McKenna believed his jungle trip heralded in a new age for all mankind. Millionth time, strong belief means nothing as far as truth or reality is concerned


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18209581 -

Reality is very subjective and all people can believe whatever they like, including you.
We don't need a permission slip


--------------------


spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18209628 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:
So the force that enables paranormal events is fundamentally a trickster, and refuses to perform on demand?




Confirmation bias and projection are not forces. It is not an outside agent, but one's own mind that is the trickster.

*no source*

Someone once did a study of all of the large train, plane and ship accidents resulting in major loss of life over a 10 year period and checked the number of cancellations vs. the number of cancellations in non-accident voyages. The number was essentially the same.

*BTW, mystic heads predicted a large difference in the numbers*

Many of those that cancelled the accident voyage claimed to have had 'a feeling something bad was going to happen'.

Very few of those who cancelled the non-accident voyage had such a feeling.

What is the most logical conclusion?



Why would people canceling a non-accident voyage have a feeling that something bad was going to happen? This shows that both groups came to the correct conclusion, thus proving mystic headiness as infallible!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Oeric McKenna]
    #18209727 -

Quote:
Reality is very subjective



Perhaps you would like to take the Swami 'Rock to the back of the head Challenge' in which objective reality is put to the test.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: 2525]
    #18209735 -

2525 said:
OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:
So the force that enables paranormal events is fundamentally a trickster, and refuses to perform on demand?




Confirmation bias and projection are not forces. It is not an outside agent, but one's own mind that is the trickster.

*no source*

Someone once did a study of all of the large train, plane and ship accidents resulting in major loss of life over a 10 year period and checked the number of cancellations vs. the number of cancellations in non-accident voyages. The number was essentially the same.

*BTW, mystic heads predicted a large difference in the numbers*

Many of those that cancelled the accident voyage claimed to have had 'a feeling something bad was going to happen'.

Very few of those who cancelled the non-accident voyage had such a feeling.

What is the most logical conclusion?



Why would people canceling a non-accident voyage have a feeling that something bad was going to happen? This shows that both groups came to the correct conclusion, thus proving mystic headiness as infallible!



People are already signing up for the proposed Titanic II voyage. :ohwell:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18209834 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:
Reality is very subjective



Perhaps you would like to take the Swami 'Rock to the back of the head Challenge' in which objective reality is put to the test.



Ok. You're right. I'm wrong. The Spirit world is fake.
All the answers are in the science books. 

Keep in mind: if you didn't have ears, you wouldn't know sound.
If you didn't have eyes, you wouldn't know color.
There could be a whole lot going on that we can't percieve. Or not.
Who knows?  I don't. You don't. Science doesn't.
It doesn't help to be way up on a high horse trolling everyone.


--------------------


spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Oeric McKenna]
    #18209919 -

Quote:
Ok. You're right. I'm wrong. The Spirit world is fake.




Seems we are making progress. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18209975 -

I gusss that's funny...partly
You put on a pretty hard front to hide your own inner struggle. Just don't let it bleed into the area of you trying to cotrol every belief someone has that you don't agree with. Or at least, that you tell yourself you can't believe.  The average athiest doesn't care as much as you pretend to


--------------------


spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seemingly supernatural experiences that I have had [Re: Moonshoe]
    #18210710 -

Moonshoe said:
1. I was at my cabin taking a solo mushroom trip. I was hearing a voice speak to me, telling me many spiritual/mystical secrets having to do with our role as co-creators of our own reality. The general message was something along the lines of "you are the God of your own reality".




lol

I love how these revelations are always along these lines:  "I was meditating deeply when I suddenly realized the universe was all about me!"  From the christians who think Jesus has a special plan for them, to the trippers who discover they're god, to the schizos that decide they're the messiah, it's all the same.


Why don't we hear reports of people suddenly realizing they aren't shit, or that god doesn't like them, or a schizo who found out some guy named dave in chicago is the messiah?

I have my suspicions that its the same narcissitic self adulation that leads us to think we can gain insight from these sources in the first place.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What is your strangest non-drug experience?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 6,312 77 12/13/04 08:10 PM
by balls
* Briefing for Entrance Into the Human Experience namelessone 533 2 06/03/04 02:57 PM
by BleaK
* ESSAY:Psychedelic induced mystical experiences by Alan Watts tekramrepus 3,070 6 03/21/03 11:43 AM
by pattern
* My hiking experience (if you got the time)
( 1 2 all )
Grav 2,727 20 05/24/03 09:12 PM
by Grav
* Physics website poll on the supernatural
( 1 2 all )
Swami 2,531 24 06/17/05 12:31 AM
by Sclorch
* dreams we actually experience andySENSE311 1,170 11 05/20/04 04:41 AM
by Chronic7
* Your most Spiritual Psychedelic Experience? Blastrid 2,889 9 04/13/03 09:24 PM
by Stubaby
* myers briggs and the supernatural
( 1 2 3 all )
mariasabina 4,286 44 12/13/02 10:25 AM
by MarkostheGnostic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
801 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.