Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Spider mites and neem-oil? [Re: 313kbuds]
    #17983770 -

My lophs has been now about 8days without water. And I continue to get them dehydrated.

I got new cool species of cactus to my collection and it is VERY HARD to water. Atleast what I have read.

But still.. I think I don't have every lohp seems to be worry about the future.

I would maybe give water to them when they are dehydrated for good. I have seen that it helps lophs to start flowering when they are long periods of time without water. Maybe I got several lops at the time to flower. Now when the growing season will coming to start!

This fricii is wonderful.. I love it.:sunny:


But now.. I leave my cacti and just don't do anything.. Let them be. Next water time, I give very small amount of neem and dimethoat. But very very small amount.

For summer I will give them pure rain water. Tap water is not good for loph.  It can be one small reason in this complex situation. But for that argument up there, that someone thinks cause of my serious use of poisons, there should be any bugs alive more... Will see..

313kbuds said:
spider mites are very crafty and will become immune to insecticides after multiple uses so switch it up from time to time.



I think my "overdosing" of neem several watering times and spraying has got population drop very dramatically.

Atleast I don't have seen so much new spider mite scarring.. Let hope for the best!

After long dehydration time, watering should make wonders and get my lophs to flower for good! I hope.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider mites and neem-oil? [Re: intelligentlife]
    #17988645 -

Hi all.

My infected lophs have been without water and spraying now long time.


It seems rust is spreading but the speed of it has reduced. I take picture to you from my lophs what have sum damage. There are 3 willy texensis and 2 willy el nunez. Worst damage is in el nunez peyotes.


What do you think? Should I keep one or two weeks more then without water and let them dehydrate.

Now their skin doesn't crack when I gently put pressure to them but the damage is very visible cause of they have indeed been full of water and that's why damaged skin has cracked so damage is there.

I wait some time more and hold with watering to let 'em dehydrate for good. I do this for every loph I have.

When I water them I water them with neem oil water. I dip the pots in the pool of water. get real water, not use tap water anymore. I go out, get big bucket and fill it with snow. Then I let snow smelt and make water from it. pH of tap water is too much.

I don't know for sure, every time I have used tap water, I have encountered some problems what doesn't seem like pests. Ofc this is obviously spider mites but I mean I have got problems before and only connection to another similar problems but without mites has occur when I have used tap water.. With tap water lophophora will not even flower so often.

So now! I got 10Liter bucket! Fill it with snow! Let it smelt and TA-DA I have best water cactus can have.

I think I water lophs after week. Then they have been 2 weeks without any water.

But someone was right. I should stop watering during these problems. Watering has make lophs swollen with water, skin damage has prevent skin to be elastic so it has simply cracked.

I'm not sure are there spider mites, I think there are some population still. BUT I reduce watering periods. I give water every two weeks. When I give they got neem by systemic way and when summer comes, neem should have done it's job.

I can't use my sprayer to spray pure water on top of lophophora cause when I use it and spray, even I don't have add neem to it, it smells to neem and I think in my spray bottle, there are small amounts of neem what comes every time.

Now I don't have use any spraying with neem or even give them water cause it cracks skin. I wait them to "rest" and recover for a while, then water and look does there come new good growth from ribs of badly injured peyotes.

One indicator to that neem has make damage seems from the picture. Side what has been got light(they are at windowsill) has more damage to goes up of the peyote crown that damage what has been at shady place.

But now I have the knowledge that peyote skin takes very easily damage via oil based insecticides. Good thing i have heard from neem that is works as fungicide as well and I will do like Mostly_Harmless has said that give neem by systemic and wait long time, spider mites will disappear. I just wait summer.... Then humidity goes up and spider mites will go away when humidity are >50%

We will see how these going. They may show more damage later cause I have notice that neem oil damage comes but there is delay like 1-2weeks.

But good new is that skin doesn't crack any more!! :awesome:

Hope I got after summer they look like there are no new spider mite damage.. Then I would be happy.. And after few seasons, damage is hard to see and they are beatiful again :Awemazing:


--------------------

Edited by intelligentlife (03/21/13 09:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider mites and neem-oil? [Re: intelligentlife]
    #18022945 -

I think the spider mites are gone cause I don't have seen new scars by spider mites.

However, skin keeps cracking and I don't have used any sprayed water or anything on top of these peyotes for many weeks.

I just wondering that could this skin cracking be result of accidentally over fertilizing?? I don't see any other reason for that cause healthy parts too just cracks.. An no.. I have not watered them like 2 weeks so it's not over watering. This is the only thing what comes to my mind.

There are instances what comes to my mind what explain the over watering. I have made soil mixes and so on. I think I have used wrong bag of certain soil and mixed it perlite and other.

Should I try chance the soil totally from pots where lophophora cracks skin.. Skin just cracking from healthy part not scarred rusty part..  Is there any reasons than too much fertilizers?

OR Should I just let them be? The cracking is not so serious at the moment, maybe now when summer comes lophophoras keep growing and use fertilizers what there is and eventually fertilizers goes to use.

What you think? should I make soil change or let them be and use the fertilizer in soil when they grow over the summer?

Healthy skin crack what is happening too I don't see any other ways than there are too much ferlizers in soil.. Or does neem oil in soil act's as fertilizer too? Does it have fertilizing properties?

I remember to add coconut coir in the soil mix, later on when I remembering, it's not only coconut coir, it is fertilized soil and coconut coir to use for chili and cannabis cultivation...

What should I do? Is over fertilizing bad or do lophophora use fertilizes quick? (3-5 loph per one pot) during the growing season of summer?


--------------------

Edited by intelligentlife (03/28/13 08:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider mites and neem-oil? [Re: intelligentlife]
    #18023011 -

I would leave them be for now, old treated growth will be crack prone, new growth will come through clean.


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider mites and neem-oil? [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #18027091 -

Oke.

I have let them be now over 2 weeks. Have done nothing.

Maybe my over fertilizing thing is too hasty thinking too. Soil is so rocky and contains only perlite, vulcanic rock, rocks, and small amount of coconut coir, nothing else.

I wait till summer comes. Let lophs shrink to dehydration, then start watering.

I always water them from bottom. Dip the pots in water and lets rest of water come out. I will now don't spray anything to lophophora. Seems their skin are very sensitive to chemicals with light. I have learned this by hard way. :yesnod:

I has had to move my windowsill grow back to under light. This time of year has usually been very warm. Now for some reason this kind of cold (winds are blowing from arctic sea) has been about 20years ago. This makes windowsill growing hard too. Last year was warm this time of year no cold coming from windowsill.

I Need to put my plants under warm light cause of unusual cold weather. (yes my windows are now so perfect that they are not "leak" air from outdoors to indoors.


--------------------

Edited by intelligentlife (03/29/13 05:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider mites and neem-oil? [Re: intelligentlife]
    #18027368 -

Atleast not every cactus seems to give a shit about my cultivation.

This lophophora fricii has flowered twice. One time it pups one flower and then when flower was dead two comes out. I love these violet color flowers! they are so beatiful:sunny:

I actually got good shots from flowers and that how they comes out fro lophophora.

First:


Then:


Ta-Da:


Nature shows how beautiful this world is... These pics are just better than pics from lophs with full of scars and cracks. :awesome:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spider mites
( 1 2 all )
funkymonk 4,597 22 05/13/04 03:31 PM
by felixhigh
* Growing Alphids on Saliva (pics) UPDATED
( 1 2 all )
makaveli8x8 6,379 22 06/27/06 09:08 AM
by raSman
* spider mites
( 1 2 all )
derx 4,050 24 04/24/08 11:11 PM
by layzdapipe
* Spider Mites............die, die, die! Schwip 685 6 05/06/06 07:04 AM
by DrJ
* Spider Mites!! DazedSol 2,059 9 09/23/01 06:51 PM
by DazedSol
* spider mites grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
( 1 2 3 all )
royer 7,499 50 03/09/07 06:41 AM
by CaptainKirk
* Neem oil question...and flowering Peyote pics rewind 2,516 13 02/27/09 12:24 PM
by lqdtrance
* Siniucichi and spider mites problem.. psylo33o 1,210 5 02/25/03 02:12 PM
by felixhigh

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
8,751 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 33 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.