Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Autoclave

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
sheltered littlewhite boy ...
Help a noob out ... answer some questions ...
    #1790790 - 08/08/03 02:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have spent a while reading around this site. I live on the search page practically. I have come to love the OTD drama ... it's like Jerry fucking Springer in text format :smile: ... But anyway ... I have a question about Invitro growing. How hard is it to start growing with. I really don't have the room or privacy to use the pf-tek. So please don't suggest it, that's what I wanted to use in the first place. is it very common for the shroomies to rot growing Invitro? Also I hear the abort rate is high Invitro, any truth to that? lets see, what else? Ohhh, I am an amateur piercer and I was wondering, would an autoclave work in place of the PC? I have a hospital grade autoclave for sterilizing my needles, jewelry, and various supplies. I was hoping that would work, then I can save a little money that way, as I wouldn't have to buy the PC. ummm ... Invitro can be stored under a bed, in a closet, things like that for the colonizing and fruiting phase, straight through till harvest correct. Is cold shocking in the fridge a must? If so, what is the shortest period of time I could keep the jars in there and still have it work? Also about how many jars would be good for a personal amount growing invitro? Maybe even 3 people worth? Also as a point of reference, how many jars (invitro) can be done with a 10cc syringe? .... Okay overall I guess I'm looking for Pros and Cons of Invitro too ... I'm such a pain in the ass. I hope someone out there takes the time to read and answer this noob bullshit ...

<+- Drop Acid, Not Bombs -+>

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help a noob out ... answer some questions ... [Re: Nocturnal]
    #1790801 - 08/08/03 02:47 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

auto clave will dry the substrate
invitro is easy,kramer has had several jars that were left over and left out where they got some light start pinning invitro (ks,eq,cambo,and b+)
kramer has inoculated over 20 1/2 pint jars with a 10cc syringe ,but you should shoot for 10-15. cold shocking is not a must
mytopia?somewhere around here is a link to a good invitro tek
says kramer

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Autoclave

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation