Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Use Perlite while Casing?!?!
    #17827 - 05/20/00 06:21 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Dude... heh The way a caseing works is by getting wet and then like evaperating.. so you need to spray it or else it will dri out.. and if it doues this Kinda deffets the purpose... Perlite breaks up really small.... so it wouldnt keep it moist. hum the caseing make like a micro climit for the pins and shit.. DOnt know a great deal might wait to hear more.

------------------
I have a bigger shroom then you do :*)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAjent Orange
addict
    #17829 - 05/21/00 01:48 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

from what i have learned, cakes need more humidity than casings. I use perlite for cakes so it should be suitable. But misting the casing with water/h202 is a good idea for moisture and to reduce contams.

------------------
"i like food, food is good"
The Descendants

Anonymous

#17830 - 05/21/00 01:54 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

h202? what is that exactly. .. h20 is water. but the extra 2? :> some kinda mixture of shit. gimme a hint here. i need a productive humidity method for casing.

Offlinebillthecat
    #17831 - 05/21/00 02:51 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

h2o2 = hydrogen peroxide (people put it on cuts)

Anonymous

#17832 - 05/21/00 06:43 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

What should the h202/water ratio be? how much h202 per amount of water... also.. how often should i mist?! and is this the only source of humidity i need for casing? or is there better ?

thanks again.
t.e.k.n.i.q.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #17833 - 05/21/00 07:12 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

dilute peroxide with water 1:20
mist every time the casing appears to be dry-ish until pins appear. not too much, just a squirt or two. mustn't drown them.
technically, a casing needs no humidification other than misting.
prolly better off using a cool mist humidifier to maintain both proper humidity and constant fresh airflow.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

[This message has been edited by Hippie3 (edited May 21, 2000).]

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#17834 - 05/21/00 07:17 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I will be working around a HEPA air purifier, so... if i just mist like you said and fan out once a day or so... would that be okay for growing?

thanks.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #17835 - 05/22/00 07:14 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

it would be ok for cakes but not for casings.
casings need more airflow than once a day.
green mold would likely strike in such stagnant conditions.
at least hook up an aquarium airpump on a timer etc. to increase air exchanges.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#17836 - 05/22/00 08:59 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Are there plans for aquarium pump hookups.... I am not exactly sure how they work... so a little insite would be helpful...

I know they have to hose-line connectors coming out of the actual pump box... i would need aquarium tubing...

I just dont see where it pumps in new air and lets out the bad air..
help..
thanks.

Anonymous

#17837 - 05/23/00 08:47 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Hey my casings are fruiting nicely with perlite and water/peroxide at the bottom with the perlite...I mist about every 2 days, I have an air pump running in at the top (above the drip sheilds) and a hole drilled at the bottom near the pans, so the air is being pushed out past them...they are looking beautiful...also, I have seen cobweb mold twice, and I sprayed it with about 80% peroxide...the rest was distilled water,,,it bubbled up and looked ugly, but I left it, and the casing recovered withing 18 hours...no more problems...lots of babies...good luck man.

Anonymous

#17838 - 05/22/00 10:15 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

heh... thanks for the story mushroom_man, that gives me a little hope for casing with perlite... are yer shroomz big and fat?? or little scrawny fuqrz... or are they all water logged... or.. are they beautiful? got pics?.. i dont have a drip shield.. maybe i should. but my terrarium has a somewhat rounded top so it just runs down the sides sorta.

Anonymous

#17839 - 05/23/00 01:59 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I have my terrarium in a cabinet under my bed(its a big cabinet) I have an air purifier next to the motor of the bubbler so my shrooms get the finnest of air(they're spoiled lil shits, but theres nothing i can do about that) and a humidifier next to that. i dont even need to change the air each day, only like once a week. Dont worry about over doing it with peroxide, after a day or less it dilutes into regular water,(you could even drink the shit after a couple hours), and it will even add more oxygen too. I use to use that shit alot when I bred fish, it was like speed for fish, just dump a bottle in the water.(like you care but its fun to watch).

OfflineAjent Orange
addict
    #17840 - 05/24/00 12:57 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

When you hook up an air pump to the terrarium you have to put a hole for the air to go out of as well as in.

My advice would be to use damp perlite for humidification. Use an airpump in a filter box for air exchange. Mist with h2o/h2o2 solution to keep casing layer moist and keep away contams.

------------------
"i like food, food is good"
The Descendants

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck