Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChocolateMush
Night Tripper
Loc: around the twin cities, m...
the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene
    #1774093 - 08/02/03 09:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well, tomorrow about an hour away, the dead and bob dylan will be playing. i know theres gonna be some acid there, and having my acid not come through thursday, and my mushrooms not coming through today, im getting pretty damn desperate.
my question is, do you think i will easily be able to score some doses outside the concert? do you think there will be lots of undercover cops? thanks dudes.

--------------------
Um, what can I say besides... I love mushrooms?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: ChocolateMush]
    #1774184 - 08/02/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

in atlanta the lot scene was incredible. everything was out in the open...cept doses. It there you just have to ask the right people. Ask around about it and kinda ask subtly about if they have some. Fractals were everywhere and there good too. My first time ever taking acid and man was it awesome!

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: Vulture]
    #1775663 - 08/03/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I went yesterday...there was weed, hash, every edible form of THC imaginabl, shrooms, mollies..but no doses!!! I asked sooo many people nobody had seen any  :frown:

I am officialy convinced. Acid is dead
Silver summer my ass 

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1775764 - 08/03/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

:frown:

OfflineChocolateMush
Night Tripper
Loc: around the twin cities, m...
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: MOTH]
    #1776622 - 08/03/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i just got back. nobody had acid, and me and my friend asked for hours. finally, right before we left, some dude was sellin mushroom chocolates so i bought those instead.. but it just isnt what i was looking for :frown:

--------------------
Um, what can I say besides... I love mushrooms?!

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

#1776861 - 08/03/03 09:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you guys went to the chicago show?

damn i would have thought there was some. The fractals werent hard to find. You just had to ask around a bit in atlanta. By the end of the night people were asking me left and right if i needed some but we already had some. I know they were going to chicago cause they were asking me if i needed a ride and stuff too. It should have been there.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: Vulture]
    #1776958 - 08/03/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I always see people getting busted for selling or buying shrooms, weed or cid at concerts. I don't know if I would be confident enough to ask some one if the have some acid. The one time I ask I know it's going to be a cop. How do you guys decide who you're going to ask and how do you go about doing it?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: djd586]
    #1776961 - 08/03/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was wondering this too.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1776969 - 08/03/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was pretty excited to see Joilet Illinois on the tour schedule.

There are a ton of dead heads in Illinois!

I would politely ask around, but would not count on finding any..

Most importantly, 2003, enjoy the concert and the music!!

Bob Dylan is a funkin' dinosaur on that steel guitar!!

And when Robert Hunter played, i sat down in amazement, very relaxing tunes. Why didnt the dead ever give that guy a chance to play his stuff like that before!?! lol - they never uh gave that guy much stage time huh?

Seeing mickey and bill and bob and phil again was such, fun!

OfflinehybrIdlumm0x
still in thevortex

#1776992 - 08/03/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
I went yesterday...there was weed, hash, every edible form of THC imaginabl, shrooms, mollies..but no doses!!! I asked sooo many people nobody had seen any  :frown:

I am officialy convinced. Acid is dead
Silver summer my ass 

What are you talking about? Silver summer is in full swing. Fractals infested the 10k lakes festival. I have heard that they are abundant at every dead show and most WSP/Phish/Dead tours. You have to ask the RIGHT people and say the RIGHT things. 

--------------------
disconnect and self destruct one bullet a time... whats your hurry, everyone will have his day to die... ~ "The Outsider" - A Perfect Circle

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: hybrIdlumm0x]
    #1777040 - 08/03/03 11:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yea well i guess the acid gods just hate me then

:frown: 

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1777168 - 08/04/03 12:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

the problem is these new school dealers dont know how to hustle.

I remember back in the day we would see a mark and casually walk by and right as we passed him we'd say: "need any rolls?" without makin eye contact and then keep walking.  If the dude said "hey wait", we'd turn back around.

As far as spotting drug sealers, look for people that stay standing in one place.  also, dealers tend toscan the crowd a lot, so look for someone who's looking around.  look for somone who looks like he is working a job rather than enjoying himself.  If you stay in one area and watch how people interact you can always spot dealers making transactions.  watch people get together and go to the bathroom, then part ways and the dude goes right back to the same spot...

just pay attention drugs are not hard to sniff out :smile:

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1777176 - 08/04/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well i was kinda aprehensive about asking people at first but people were just going around yelling muchrooms and shit as loud as they could....running around with nitrous tanks in backpacks with like 10 baloons in there hands and shit.

we just went around and were like this is our first dead show and we are looking for tickets and our forst dose can anyone help us out cause we have like no cash cause we spent it on this food we cant sell now cause it got all rained on.

people gave us money, beer, flowers, bumber stickers. And we would kinda ask people if they have seen doses....some said hell yeah its everwhere and some said they havent seen any. Then we would just be like do you have some? and they were like yeah man. it was pretty easy...just kinda ask them if they have it subtly.

i saw one cop there the whole time and people didnt seem to care. This guy was waving buds and shit in the air and we were like mant ehres a cop and he was like i dont give a fuck. But i think i saw one undercover the whole time.....you could tell because he had a walky talkie, and everyone would yell out walkie talkie so they would know.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1777979 - 08/04/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
just pay attention drugs are not hard to sniff out :smile: 

Yea...drugs were very damn easy to sniff out.  Every drug except acid. Shrooms were kinda hard to find though..but some where there.

I asked the dealers we bought drugs from if they had seen any doses..all of them said no.  i asked the older guys we made friends with who had been going to dead shows shows since the 70s if they had seen any doses..they all said no..and said that it was weird that there was no acid or balloons around...i asked a lot of other people if they had seen an doses and a lot of them said the had been looking too and were pissed cause they couldn't find any.  I asked the guy walking around with a sign saying "I need a miracle" and he said he had been looking for a while and still hadn't found any.
So frankly...i have fully lost faith in the LSD culture.  Acid is dead as far as I'm concerned

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #1778073 - 08/04/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

hey slip, i dont think it was just you. i couldnt find any acid at that show either. there was a lot of people lookin for it too, everyone i asked said they were lookin too. hey greatone, i thought robert hunter was amazing too. sent chills up my spine. too bad they set the stage up wrong so there was an extreme echo. i got used to it after a while though. bob dylan wasnt that good though. his best part was when he came out and played with the dead at the end of their first set. good show though, the dead were worth every penny of the $60 i spent.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: Infrared]
    #1778197 - 08/04/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

haha~! i spent $104 (at the box office the day of the show) on our 2 tickets; i was so proud of myself :loveeyes:

i remember on three different occassions weeks before the show; i was going to get them online from ticketmaster for $148.85; everytime i would get to the last purchase button i would bail because it just seem Way too expensive!!

Also, the parking was 10 (which seemed higher than any other venue i had even paid to park at?), but online i think that ticketmaster was selling parking in advance for like 12.

Yeah - i was telling everybody about that.  :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Dylan's sound was bouncing all over the place in muddy reverberation; it was a miracle he stayed up there as long as he did. He had on these tight black rock and roll elvis pants and the obligitory cow-boy hat on.

It wasnt until phil and bob took control did the sound improve; They opened up with shake down street  :lol: i was just bobbin' my head enjoying it but thinking "there truly is nothing shaking out there on that shakedown." The venue didnt even allow beer outside i dont think, but plenty of people brought their own beer and i didnt see anyone get in trouble for selling them. Inside the show they had Plastic bottles of budweiser for $6.95 each :crazy2:

I remember when the dead would come to Soldier Field Chicago for two nights; there would be beer bottles piled up to the street lamps after two nights; and you could just walk around all day long in the lot scoring dropped bags of weed and drugs off the ground.

Oh i had some halfway decent nugs that i shared with a lot of people, thank God that i brought my own nuggs; because there were None for sale.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234 

Offlinepsilophunk
Stranger
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1778215 - 08/04/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, there have been doses at every show I have been at since august last year. It sketches people out if you go around asking for doses. If people want to sell to you, you'll know. Its just as Doctorj described it.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: psilophunk]
    #1778245 - 08/04/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

there have been doses at every show I have been at since august last year.

What are you, some kind of lsd-conneseur on the tour scene?
-or did you just start going to concerts last year?
-Don't piss on this acidheads parade ok?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1778251 - 08/04/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> What are you, some kind of lsd-conneseur

No, but I would like to be.  :grin:
Where does one sign up?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: the Dead/Dylan parking lot scene [Re: psilophunk]
    #1778725 - 08/04/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psilophunk said:
Dude, there have been doses at every show I have been at since august last year. It sketches people out if you go around asking for doses. If people want to sell to you, you'll know. Its just as Doctorj described it.

No shit man! I survived 8 years of tour by following a few simple rules. One of the main ones was If someone asks for acid I tell them nope man ,havn't seen any. Most people that have been around awhile won't sell to you if you ask even if they have a shitload. The DEA's favorite method in the 80' and 90's to bust people was to just walk around and ask people for acid. The busted 1000's of people this way. People that sell doses to folks who just walking around asking, are just asking to get busted. It's like Russian roulte doing shit like that. Most of the time its decent folks wanting to score, but all it takes is one wrong sell to fuck you.

The days before operation Dead End when we would walk around yelling and screaming doses and sheets are long, long gone.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds