Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Another Newbie question
    #17601 - 05/19/00 02:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

welcome to the shroomery.org, have fun, and we will be greatful to bless you with the wisdom of us and this great site, I am stoned goodbye :P

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineOverDOSEr
enthusiast
Re: Another Newbie question [Re: phrozendata]
    #17603 - 05/19/00 03:31 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey creamy, welcome to the shroomery. well I'm still pretty new and didn't get to ask anyone this question. I kinda just went for it.I probably could've found a better method. My terrarium is the rubbermaid bin type. I washed it down with antibacterial soap and really hot water,being extra sure to wash out all the soap. Then I took some cottonballs and swabbed the inside down with alchohol. I haven't had any contam problems(knock on wood) maybe someone can give you a better method but that seemed to work for me, Good luck!!

Offlinecactus
journeyman
    #17604 - 05/19/00 04:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys,

I was just watching a little television (ack, why do I bother?)... and saw a commercial for Mr. Clean Wipe-Ups... basically, they're like really large handi-wipes (probably soaked in some kind of alcohol solution) that you are supposed to use to wipe up around the kitchen, wipe up around the bathroom, wipe off baby-related things like the crib, etc...

I bet washing your terrarium with soap and water, and then wiping it down with Mr. Clean wipes like these would work well. Just let it air out a little after you do so...

Kills 99.9% of all household bacteria... sweet...

take care & good luck
c

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #17605 - 05/19/00 08:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

wash with bleach diluted with water then wipe with rubbing alcohol.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#17606 - 05/19/00 10:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for all the help guys! but yet here is a nother question.. After i wash the terraium with hot water and soap. will the rubbing alcahol affect the cakes or anything?

Anonymous

#17607 - 05/19/00 11:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

While this newbie thread is going, I thought I'd get in on the action.

1) Is it necessary to steralize the terranium? I have a 10g aquarium tank that I washed with antibacterial dish soap about a week ago, and it has been sitting for close to two weeks since, although it has been covered. Do I need to worry about contaminents from the walls/unscrubbed drip shield of my setup?

2) I purchased a heating pad from Walgreens (a CVS type establishment) and when it operates full blast, it raises the temp up to about 80 degrees Farenheit. Should I incubate the inocculated 1/2 pint jars at 80F, then "cold shock" them upon birthing to room temp? Would this even be effective? Also, with PF strain, if I can use the medium setting on the blanket to keep the temp in the high 70's once birthed, will this speed growth/fruiting?

3) I've read several different methods of steralizing the jars used for the PF TEK, and I was wondering what the consensus is: if I have access to lab gloves, a mask, and steralizing spray (from a doctor's office, used to ensure that countertops, etc, are bacteria free), is it worth it to steal said equipment? I know, "better safe than sorry," but I read about people steralizing the frickin' needle between jar innoculations... this seems a bit much, but like I said- I dunno.

4)When mixing my substrate, do you reccomend that I mix each jar separately, or can I make a big batch, and just fill the jars all at once?

This TRUE newbie thanks all that reply, and I hope that the shroomery will respond well to my lack of knowledge.

One final note: this board looks like one of the deepest most potentially comprehensive collection of information concerning a "focus," or "interest" on the internet. Well done to everyone who contributes.

Soupstinks
POST #1! WHOOOO! :biggrin:

[This message has been edited by Soupstinks (edited May 19, 2000).]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale