Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
My girlfriend is a creationist
    #17568880 -

I am not. We have been friends over 6 years and dating (off and on, mostly on) for the last 4.

She doesn't wear it on her sleeve, but she says its a deal breaker and wants her kids to be Christians too. (!!!)

She is pretty smart, and in college studying nursing. But I still can't even convince her that evolution is real.

Any out there who are happily married to someone of another belief system?


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: NWlight] * 12
    #17568902 -

dump and NEXT!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: NWlight] * 3
    #17568905 -

I couldn't love someone romantically who was a deeply rooted and certain creationist and denied evolution. :shrug:

That's rough man.


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: NWlight] * 3
    #17568915 -

Repent and get to know christ and all your problems will be solved.


--------------------
Philosophically, the contents of the jar gave no advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: Amoeboid]
    #17568924 -

I am a Creationist. I create things. I alter evolution. Would you dump me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: Amoeboid]
    #17568925 -

I couldn't get along with someone enough if their beliefs are too different than mine.

If she isn't gonna break, and you aren't gonna break... Well you know what to do.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: Amoeboid]
    #17568932 -

well at least you'll be off the hook for raising the kids if you knock her up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: NWlight] * 1
    #17568936 -

NWlight said:
I am not. We have been friends over 6 years and dating (off and on, mostly on) for the last 4.

She doesn't wear it on her sleeve, but she says its a deal breaker and wants her kids to be Christians too. (!!!)

She is pretty smart, and in college studying nursing. But I still can't even convince her that evolution is real.

Any out there who are happily married to someone of another belief system?



I was in your predicament for 5 years when I was younger.

Long story short, it didn't work out.

It's hard to have a relationship when one of your major beliefs is completely put down by your significant other.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: NWlight]
    #17568939 -

NWlight said:
I am not. We have been friends over 6 years and dating (off and on, mostly on) for the last 4.

She doesn't wear it on her sleeve, but she says its a deal breaker and wants her kids to be Christians too. (!!!)

She is pretty smart, and in college studying nursing. But I still can't even convince her that evolution is real.

Any out there who are happily married to someone of another belief system?




:hahthatsrich:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: Amoeboid]
    #17568949 -

I have this problem, but its because it is almost impossible for me to find a girl with the same beliefs. I live in a place where if you are an athiest, you believe in the devil... :facepalm: most of my friends don't even know that I don't really believe in god.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: NWlight]
    #17568961 -

If she's close minded and an ignorant dumbass about that then she probably is about other things too

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: Spiderbaby] * 1
    #17568979 -

Agreed, the consensus shows you need to tell her how important your beliefs are, and if sh makes fun of you, never talk to her again. You obviously can get a girlfriend so don't think she is the only one out there

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: Spiderbaby] * 1
    #17568982 -

Spiderbaby said:
If she's close minded and an ignorant dumbass about that then she probably is about other things too



QFT

Not necessarily a dumbass, but ignorant.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: Admon420] * 1
    #17569001 -

I'm a creationist myself, but I wouldn't want anything to do with anyone practicing modern day Christianity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: YSHServant]
    #17569042 -

A Christian would be one thing, but a creationist is another level... basically would have to be a really openminded christian. Still would much prefer someone with some sense up there

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: Repertoire89]
    #17569058 -

my ex was a creationist...when she told me she dinosaurs never existed it was kinda a deal breaker

that relationship didn't last very long...also she is a whore


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: NWlight] * 4
    #17569076 -

NWlight said:
But I still can't even convince her that evolution is real.




creationism and evolution arent necessarily mutually exclusive, even the big
bang theory was from a catholic priest. my brother's views are that what moses
saw in his visions from god was billions of years of creation and evolution in
a 6 day span.

can a relationship with someone that has such fundamentally different beliefs
work, sure, dont ridicule the beliefs of the other and if she wants to raise
your kids as christians then allow her to do so but she needs to also allow you
to express your beliefs. the two beliefs can coexist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: NWlight]
    #17569079 -

It can happen. My step-dad is a creationist and very hardcore Christian, while my mom is Pagan and accepts evolution. He believes she is going to hell for her beliefs. But somehow they're very happy together. It's not something I can understand, but yeah I guess sometimes these relationships can work out...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: Prisoner#1] * 2
    #17569126 -

Prisoner#1 said:
NWlight said:
But I still can't even convince her that evolution is real.




creationism and evolution arent necessarily mutually exclusive, even the big
bang theory was from a catholic priest. my brother's views are that what moses
saw in his visions from god was billions of years of creation and evolution in
a 6 day span.

can a relationship with someone that has such fundamentally different beliefs
work, sure, dont ridicule the beliefs of the other and if she wants to raise
your kids as christians then allow her to do so but she needs to also allow you
to express your beliefs. the two beliefs can coexist



It's about time we had a decent answer in this thread.

I'm married to a Christian. I'm Atheist. I was Christian for a little while, but Atheist as well when she met me.

She believes in God and all that Jazz, but I don't. And you know what? It's just fine.
I don't hate on God, and she doesn't push God. She prays, but I don't laugh at her. I just lay in bed while she does it and keep my mouth shut.

She wants our daughter to be a Christian to, but understands that even with my non-belief in God, and her belief in God, that our daughter could decide at 20 she wants to convert to Judaism. :shrug: I was a raised a strict catholic. Look how that turned out.

We just had a long talk one night, and agreed we wouldn't wreck eachother over it, and when we decided to have kid(s) we would teach them both our point of views in an unanimalistic way.


--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My girlfriend is a creationist [Re: DarkElf] * 2
    #17569171 -

people are fucking stupid


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A Discussion on Christianity.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Innominate 9,328 80 05/16/07 11:11 AM
by evolprim
* Dealing with prosletyzing Christians
( 1 2 all )
Noviseer 3,883 27 06/27/05 11:29 AM
by Liz
* anyone been to a christian rock concert?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Jenny 14,532 115 10/04/06 12:39 AM
by Konnrade
* Constantine Room4Shroom 832 8 12/18/05 11:13 PM
by Demotriton
* Openminded Christians? phi1618 1,123 4 03/18/04 07:21 PM
by Ripple
* Constantine phishytrip 650 4 02/23/05 02:51 PM
by silly_sigh_ben
* Becoming Christian?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
TrauM 9,924 126 01/17/06 12:54 PM
by goobler
* girlfriend dumped me cuz of drugs
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
heartofalion 6,324 93 07/08/07 10:16 PM
by PS_Cubes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,767 topic views. 3 members, 48 guests and 174 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.