Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Dealing with prosletyzing Christians [Re: Noviseer]
    #4342242 - 06/27/05 08:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I was wearing a shirt once when I was like 16 in the mall that said "G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF"  "want to buy a vowel?"

One of those crazy christian women came up to me and started ranting and raving about hell and burning fire, and how jesus can save me.  So I let her rant for like 3 or 4 minutes before I said bluntly "I'm Jewish.  Have a nice day." 

:lol:

The look on her face was priceless.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Dealing with prosletyzing Christians [Re: Ravus]
    #4342396 - 06/27/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

mormonism is a joke, some guy named john smith tells people he talked to god; and people started to believe him?? I wonder if I could get away with that?

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleCid_Lives
Psychonaut

Loc: Innerspace
Re: Dealing with prosletyzing Christians [Re: soochi]
    #4342428 - 06/27/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Alot of religions are a joke! I usually just don't reply when it comes to religion because I never know when I may be trodding on some distant deity's feet. I respect peoples' beliefs and let them be. As long as their beliefs don't get in the way of mine then it's all good.

--------------------
A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Dealing with prosletyzing Christians [Re: Cid_Lives]
    #4342588 - 06/27/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

religions have nothing (nothing!) on schools of philosophy.

especially if it's your own school.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Dealing with prosletyzing Christians [Re: Noviseer]
    #4342636 - 06/27/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have no problem whatsoever with christians until they get in my face and start condemning me to hellfire and an eternal life with satan 10 seconds after they first lay eyes on me. Then its war. As far as I am concerned, they are satan, and I'm an angel of god there to shut them the fuck up. Otherwise, believe and worship however you please, as long as you don't start telling me that I'm going to hell because of your narrow-minded dogmatic beliefs. I was involved with christians for a long time during my childhood.. there are some seriously warped individuals in that religion. A lot of them are laid back, and very cool.. believe what they believe.. share it with others when they are asked.. aren't pushy with anyone.. treat everyone with kindness. I respect that. But once you start bible thumping and holier-than-thou belief peddling on me.. all bets are off. I'm liable to paint a pentagram on my forehead and put stage blood all over myself just to be the devil's advocate. Yeah, we actually did that to a jehovahs witness once. They didn't come inside.

Quote:

CherryBom said:
My mom bought me a kids bible with those really thin rice pages and I thought it was awesome.  I pretended it was a spell book and my sister and I would collect rocks and different types of dirt and cast spells on my parents to make Kraft Dinner for supper and buy us candy.

:lol: !!!!
:thumbup: :grin:
:cool:

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dealing with prosletyzing Christians [Re: Shroomism]
    #4342669 - 06/27/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I'm liable to paint a pentagram on my forehead and put stage blood all over myself just to be the devil's advocate. Yeah, we actually did that to a jehovahs witness once. They didn't come inside.

hah!! You should have said "Oh good, you're just in time for the sacrifice. Come in, come in."

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Dealing with prosletyzing Christians [Re: Liz]
    #4342704 - 06/27/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well.. they got there at about 9 in the morning.. after a night of debuachery and madness in a small apartment.. so it probably looked that way.. needless to say the place was already trashed.. beer bottles everywhere, bongs laying about.. couches overturned.. half naked people passed out on the floor.. we saw them coming and we got all excited so we just took our shirts off and started painting satanic things all over each other :lol:.. they took one look inside and backed away.. they skipped the next two apartment buildings

That's one way to deal with them. Scare them away or just choose the complete opposite stance and rub it in their face, like they do. How do you think Satanism came about? Thats how. Anti-Christianity. That's all it is basically.. with a lot of ignorance added. They are similar in a lot of ways.

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dealing with prosletyzing Christians [Re: Shroomism]
    #4342717 - 06/27/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I wish Jehovas Wittnesses would should up an our door.  That sounds like fun. 

There was this guy I went on a few dates with, and somehow at one point, the topic of religion came up.  I told him I didn't believe in organized religion, that it just wasn't my thing...he proceeded to tell methat he was a Jehovas Wittness, and started being extremely pushy about his beliefs.  So I calmly asked for the check, handed it to him when I came, and said "I was raised Jewish, so you can pay the bill, pal"  and I left.  :blush:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order