Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Has anyone here experienced Deja Vu or Jamais Vu?
    #1750247 - 07/26/03 05:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

We all know what deju vu is, but jamais vu is also strange. Here is a description:

"There is another experience worth mentioning; jamais vu. Its the opposite of deja vu. Instead of feeling extra familiar, thing seem totally unfamiliar. In this case there is too little connection between long-term memory and perceptions from the present. When a person is in this state, nothing they experience seems to have anything to do with the past. They might be talking to a person they know well and suddenly they person seems totally unfamiliar. Their sense of knowing the person, and knowing how to relate to them simply vanishes. A room in which they spend a lot of time suddenly becomes totally novel; everything seems new. Details they will have seen a thousand times suddenly become engaging."

I sometimes have deja vu in my normal life and very rarely jamais vu. But trips seem to be dominated by jamais vu :smile:

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilo
Daytime Tripper

Loc: Germany
Re: Has anyone here experienced Deja Vu or Jamais Vu? [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1750300 - 07/26/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't know that there was a word for that feeling. I get this every now and then and it is a very weird feeling, sometimes i thought that this must the beginning of a psychosis and sometimes i thought it must be something like a flashback, but after a few minutes the feeling is gone.

Very comfortable to read that it is not such an uncommon thing to happen.

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

#1750312 - 07/26/03 07:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I have had experiences in life when suddenly for no reason everything seems totally alien and out of place. I have only had this a few times though, but the times I did were durring normal life situations that were going along just great and smooth, and then all of a suddenly everything seemed frightening and strange. The one time I remember best was nothing short of terrifying to me, but it only lasted for a few minutes, after I had prayed hard for God to help. I believe it was related to my anxiety disorder.
These episodes happened to me durring normal consciousness. However when I have been tripping I guess I am already accepting that reality is odd and so maybe I just dont react to it. I have had a few bad trips though in which everthing seemed beyond scary. I rarely have bad trips anymore and my anxiety isnt much of a problem anymore in my life. I think I have just learned how to not react so much to fear, and I know better how to stay in touch with inner peace. Meditation has helped me soooooo much. I wish everyone could learn what I have about meditation. Its awesome.
Interesting subject Cyberbeast. I hope I gave you some more insights about it.
Peace

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone here experienced Deja Vu or Jamais Vu? [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #1750318 - 07/26/03 07:50 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I just want to add that I really think part of the key is learning NOT to let yourself react to everything you feel inside so much. The more you react to things, internally or externally, the more they become magnified and bigger inside, until it encompasses your whole awareness. You magnify what you focus on, kind of like a feedback loop. So simply try not to pay attention to those things so much and only focus on what makes you feel happy and at peace. Does that make sense?

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Has anyone here experienced Deja Vu or Jamais Vu? [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #1750384 - 07/26/03 09:13 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That's very interesting. Luckily I don't suffer from anxiety.
When I experience deja or jamais vu I usually just think; "oh that's interesting"
I also seem to get deja vu more often when I'm stoned. I always rationalize it, with just a misfiring in the brain.

Another Vu I found:
Presque vu means 'almost seen'. Not scientifically recognized, it is the sense that one is on the verge of a large mental breakthrough, almost seeing the absolute truth about something but not quite getting it.

link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A675308

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineElvish
enthusiast
    #1750395 - 07/26/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've had extreme Jamais Vu on large doses of DXM. Where the house I was staying in seemed like a different house, the thing we call a 'stove' seemed utterly alien, even this wild eyed animal in the mirror seemed just...alien, is the best word to describe it. It's funny because when I told my roomates about it one of them didn't believe me. 'How did you know it was a stove then?', she asked. It's hard to answer. Somewhere in your head you 'know' what this fucking crazy looking thing IS but it just feels like you're seeing it for the first time. I suppose this is also the name for when you say a word so many times it starts to lose it's meaning? that might be an interesting idea to jump start a ego dissolving 'trip'. Has anyone tried it?

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Has anyone here experienced Deja Vu or Jamais Vu? [Re: Elvish]
    #1750763 - 07/26/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

when I was younger I used to get jamais vu relatively frequently. I can recall one particularly strong episode when I had just walked into my room. all of the sudden I didn't know who I was, where I was, etc. It used to really scare the shlt out of me, until I got a mantra for it that helped me stop it. Whenever it kicked in, I always remembered to say "I am me. I am me. I am me." I'd repeat that until it went away. This occurred probably between ages 6-9, and nothing remotely like it has happened to me since.

--------------------

OfflinePurple Haze
Lime and limpidgreen, a secondscene

Loc: Canada
    #1751085 - 07/26/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

taking french words and trying to adapt them to english is getting fashionable it seems..

here's a clarification
d?j? vu: something you saw, and that you see again.. the same exact thing happening twice, quite confusing sometimes
presque vu: never heard of, it's probably half the meaning of a d?j? vu

jamais vu: never heard either, it's meant something that you never had any idea of... ie: on a dream, I was flying over island popped out of water in Asia or something .... and I've never seen such or been there

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: Has anyone here experienced Deja Vu or Jamais Vu? [Re: Purple Haze]
    #1751724 - 07/26/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I get deja vu every now and then while sober. When I'm stoned I get it often aswell. I get jamais vu on shrooms, and shrooms only, never got it sober before. I guess that's because your perception of things are alot different.
Like a stove, you know it's a stove, but you're looking at it in such a different way becuase you ingested something, that it looks totally different. It's just like listening to music, for example Shpongle, or other Goa music. You listen to different things in the music while tripping then you would if you're sober. Shpongle songs sound totally different to me while tripping then sober.
Anyways, sometimes when I get Jamais Vu I get uncomfortable, really uncomfortable, almost scared. It's almost like I want to get back to something familiar. Anyone else get this?

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Has anyone here experienced Deja Vu or Jamais Vu? [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1752134 - 07/27/03 12:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i felt like that for a whole 3 days after taking AMT

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
    #1752185 - 07/27/03 01:03 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cybrbeast said:
That's very interesting. Luckily I don't suffer from anxiety.
When I experience deja or jamais vu I usually just think; "oh that's interesting"
I also seem to get deja vu more often when I'm stoned. I always rationalize it, with just a misfiring in the brain.

Another Vu I found:
Presque vu means 'almost seen'. Not scientifically recognized, it is the sense that one is on the verge of a large mental breakthrough, almost seeing the absolute truth about something but not quite getting it.

link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A675308

Presque vu. I get this all the time. Esspecially when observing nature or something I might see as a sign of some sort.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

OfflineShroomyJ
Psychoactive Guy

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Has anyone here experienced Deja Vu or Jamais Vu? [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1752690 - 07/27/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Being somewhere, going somewhere else and then still thinking your in the same place... thats what a friend of me had.. 2 different forests..
Very weird.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order