Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevroom_shroom
you know you're an experienced shroomer when:
    #454395 - 11/10/01 08:12 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

when do you think you can call your self experienced at tripping shooms? maybe when you have succesfully encountered all types of trips? i mean good, bad, terrible, mind-fucking, spiritual, funny, just fun, etc.. or maybe you can never be truely experiened? what do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: you know you're an experienced shroomer when: [Re: vroom_shroom]
    #454455 - 11/10/01 09:24 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Although you will never know what you might feel or see, I think an experienced shroomerite would say, no matter how much I take or what happens, "I will be all right."

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#455109 - 11/11/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I don't believe in an ultimatum where you simply become "experienced" though I believe that you are more experienced when you are able to deal with rough spots easily and can become sober if absolutely needbe. One of my friends can do this, he hasn't tripped very much but he NEVER gets scared (his only freakout was on his first trip, on 6 hits of acid, where his friend didn't even tell him what the effects would be). He likes to get as far away from reality as possible so it isn't scary for him to lose all grip on reality, but he's convinced sober people he was sober on all psychedelics he has done, in high dosages as well. I, on the other hand, tend to get very nervous when I realize reality is slipping away quickly. By the peak I am usually fine because I can realize it won't get any stronger than it is, and then I can enjoy it. I am just usually very nervous in the beginning, and until I can overcome my fear of losing reality then I don't believe I am "experienced"

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: you know you're an experienced shroomer when: [Re: HB]
    #457864 - 11/14/01 08:10 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I agree, I think experience does come with being able to cope with a bad situation without going over the edge....
...and like you i knew a girl who would have no problems with downing 5 or 6 trips and illegally climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge at night, which is very fucking dangerous even when the iron girders aren't flowing in front of your face like ribbons.....:tongue:

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #457895 - 11/14/01 09:05 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

you know you're an experienced shroomer when:

You relise all you really have is experience.

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: you know you're an experienced shroomer when: [Re: Adom]
    #458192 - 11/14/01 02:20 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I think when you aren't "searching" anymore...
this means never... never ever, tripping is beyond experience it's just tripping every other verb or word has no "meaning" anymore there isn't such a thing as experienced cause once there it just doesn't matter ...
It just depends on the WAY you ARE!

OfflineKyle
Drifter

Loc: Central Iowa
Re: you know you're an experienced shroomer when: [Re: justthiz]
    #458207 - 11/14/01 02:36 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Dude there are many different meanings for every word.
Bomb MEANING explosive MEANING "Likely to erupt in or produce hostile reaction to" - Websters

If you start contemplating the meanings of every slang word used today then you must also contemplate words not used in slang and THEN you will start asking. What does what actually mean. and Why is why a word. you will find yourself lost in the confusion, so just let us speak the way we feel without the criticism.

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: you know you're an experienced shroomer when: [Re: Kyle]
    #458227 - 11/14/01 02:54 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know what you're talking about.

i wasn't replying to adom's post sorry if this seems so (with all the experience going on :smile:) ... i'm just replying to the topic ! no critisism from me peepz

Edited by justthiz (11/14/01 02:58 PM)

OfflineAludyd
journeyman
Re: you know you're an experienced shroomer when: [Re: justthiz]
    #459942 - 11/15/01 10:56 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I think your experianced
when you can deal with most highs
and be able to break out of it if you have to deal with a situation.

Then again i never downed an Ounce of shrooms.
When i do that and can carry on a conversation with my paretns........Then im experianced.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #2755090 - 06/01/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When you can freak out to yourself and realize you are freaking out and bask in the glory of your new found insanity or is it old remembered insanity?? It will come in a different form every time, but after the first major exposure to it, at least I, learned how to deal with it.
I think Lao Tzu said that "he who thinks he knows, knows nothing, and he that recognizes how little he knows, knows it all." Or something like that.

Offlinehaunted
 User Gallery

#2757922 - 06/02/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I figure there are a few different factors to consider concerning how experienced you are:
-the number of times you've tripped
-what different types of mushrooms you've tripped on (people will argue that all species are the same, but in my experience this is not true)
-different physical/mental states that you've tripped on
-and finally what experiences you've actually had while on shrooms.

You'll never know how you'll react to certain situations without having actually been in them.

I think that I am experienced: I've tripped about 50 times on mushrooms, and have covered alot of mental ground while on them. I know alot more about myself now than I did before I ever tripped. I've had insanely good trips, insanely and horribly bad trips. I've found new capacity for learning, empathy and emotion.

But then ~48 of those ~50 trips have been on Ps. Semilanceata, and the most I've ever dosed is about 2.5grams dry. I've never eaten the huge amounts that people talk about in these forums, due to the fact that I've never eaten Cubensis and eating those amounts of the types we have here (NZ) would probably lead to permanent psychological damage  :crazy2:

Everbody is experienced, as we've all had experiences. In everbody there is the capacity for new and different things though, no matter how experienced you are.

BTW 2.5grams dry of Ps. Semilanceata is a very large dose (well, of the ones we have around here anyway). It was too much to be very enjoyable. I can't comprehend the stories on these forums of people eating 120 grams or 70 grams or whatever (probably of cubensis, though nobody ever really seems to specify). Whoa thats alot.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2758922 - 06/02/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

vroom_shroom said:
when do you think you can call your self experienced at tripping shooms? maybe when you have succesfully encountered all types of trips? i mean good, bad, terrible, mind-fucking, spiritual, funny, just fun, etc.. or maybe you can never be truely experiened? what do you think?

bah, that would just be arguing semantics ...

however, my answer would be... you are an experienced shroomer when you can confidentally confront a trip from hell and conquer it.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2759370 - 06/03/04 12:57 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You know you're an experienced shroomer when:

you realize that nobody is an experienced shroomer.

Paradox, you say? It sure is

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2760091 - 06/03/04 09:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Experienced Tripper: Once you've had +10 trips, you are officialy experienced - websters

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
    #2760670 - 06/03/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When u stop using shrooms just to fuck-up and take them always with all due respect and right attitude.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2760702 - 06/03/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

> when do you think you can call your self experienced at tripping shooms?

Never!  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: you know you're an experienced shroomer when: [Re: gotmagog]
    #2760703 - 06/03/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

were like pilgrams in a scence making our way to uncharted regions,with-in the mind and spirit on a Higher Level

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlinecheshirect666
Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Medford, Oregon
Re: you know you're an experienced shroomer when: [Re: Ginseng]
    #7775881 - 12/18/07 10:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng said:
Experienced Tripper: Once you've had +10 trips, you are officialy experienced - websters

how does that in any way qualifie you as experienced??

--------------------
Not all who wander are lost.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom