Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinediscostu131
Stranger
First trip- almost like a dream. . .
    #4469368 - 07/29/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So it was my first time doing anything other than smoking pot or drinking. Id read A LOT of information on here and a few other sites, checked out trip reports, and decided to buy 5g dried and eat about half of it.. . .

Had class in the morning till noon, then drove over to my friends place who i was going to trip with. We decided because his roommates were all home to go to a local park with a pretty good sized forest, figuring we'd be left alone for the most part. So we get there, and it seems like there's a movie being filmed somewhere in the park - A little unexpected, but we figured it wouldn't really matter if we went far enough into the woods. So we walk for a while, find a nice place with a stream and some rocks and trees, decide its a good place as any to eat, and took them. After waiting around for about 15 minutes, we decided to go for a walk while we were waiting.

That's when i started to notice some of the effects starting. I remember walking and saying something like "I feel like I'm becoming claustrophobic, but in a good way". seeing as we were in a pretty open forest, that didn't make so much sense, but it was a very interesting feeling. Finally after walking about for another while, found a nice place with patches of grass to lay down, i started feeling kind of sick to my stomach so i sat down. A few minutes later we were both laughing at just about anything, i started to notice my vision changing a bit, and slowly started to see the sunlight coming through the tree's as a white light, almost like fog, it seemed so beautiful and i couldn't stop looking at it. I decided to lay down under a tree, some of the branches kind of looked like fingers and after a while i could see this red and orange energy inside of the tree radiating out of it. I was so happy, i couldn't imagine how anyone would have a bad trip. As we sat there, all of a sudden horses walked past us on the path we were near, and men dressed up as nights were riding them. It turned out to be some people for the movie being trained to ride the horses properly, I felt like we were sitting in the middle of lord of the rings. Very strange. . .

Anyway, after laying down in the field for a while we decided to venture out. My friend had taken most of the 5grams he had bought, so he was tripping quite a bit harder than me. . . we walked around and eventually the horses came back and started to go down the path which was above us, then they stopped and were staring at us, we freaked out and ran in the other direction, finally we came to the highway which was on the other side of the park, and we were surrounded on 4 sides. The way we came in had the movie set people, one way was the horses, the other way was the highway and then finally houses the last direction. We decided that we needed water so we were going to walk back to his house, which required us to walk down very busy streets. To get there we'd have to go through the bunch of movie people. I didn't think id be able to do it, but finally after about 10 minutes of my friend convincing me it'd be alright, we walked quickly by the set. I couldn't control myself and started laughing at it all. . on the way back it was so overwhelming i thought i was going to have a heart attack, here we are 3 or so hours into the trip and walking down main streets past all these people just living their normal lives. About half way to the house i calmed down and found i could handle it alright, the sun was really hot, i wanted to ask some people for a glass of water, but my friend convinced me id look insane, so i thought id better not.

Finally got back to his place, opening the door, it was dark inside. It felt really bad, i couldn't stay inside for long. . it seemed sad inside. We sat on the sundeck, watched the neighbors, then his roommates got home, talked to them. I don't think they believed us about the men on horses, but i definitely wasn't tripping hard enough to see stuff like that. This is about when my friends trip started to go way downhill. Everything was freaking him out and i didn't know what to do about it, i was definitely coming down, but he had finished off the bag an hour or two ago. I let it ride out, tried helping, but couldn't, he went to his room and shut the door, so i just sat on the deck for a while. He came out later and said he thought he got through it. . we hung out for a while, smoked some pot, and that's about it.

Overall, I still don't really know what to make about the whole trip. When i did it i was looking for more of an inner experience, maybe a different perspective on some things in my life, which i think i got partly. The whole thing seemed like it ended up being more for entertainment though, well it was really fun, wasn't quite what i was expecting. After that i decided to stay sober for a while, which didn't happen as my friends birthday was two nights later (last night), and i ended up drinking quite a bit at a club we went to. Was strange though, normally i hate clubs, but if i drink i can have a good time and such, last night i got pretty drunk, and was just fascinated by all the people acting so dumb, and was just interested in how people were acting. After a while i couldn't stand it anymore and ended up leaving the club and walking around by myself in the city, ate some subway, and made my way back to the parking lot for a ride as the club closed.

-Sorry its long winded, but that's about all i remember from the experience. I definitely want to do it again, but not for a while i think, maybe a few months..... and after last night, i don't think I'm going to be drinking for a while either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: First trip- almost like a dream. . . [Re: discostu131]
    #4469501 - 07/29/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man, ery nice trip report, I really enjoyed reading it. It felt really...familiar to me. Especially when you talked about walking by the movie set people and cracking up, and the hesitation that came before that...it's funny how the silliest things can be so intimidating when you're tripping.

I don't think you should feel discouraged that you didn't have the "inner" experience you were looking for in your trip, if anything this seems like it was a good introduction for you...you came across as settling really comfortably into the experience. Would you ever try tripping alone? On the same dose or even a smaller one than the one you took for this trip? In a place you had all to yourself, where you'd feel secure and comfortable? Maybe you would get what you were looking for.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: First trip- almost like a dream. . . [Re: discostu131]
    #4469543 - 07/29/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Oh my...it sounds like the fact that they were filming a movie in the park really made your trip.  That would KILL ME WITH HILARITY to be in that situation while tripping, hehe.  :grin:

It sounds like you had a rewarding adventure, but if you want a more internal adventure, you might consider dosing alone, in a dark, quiet room.  I guarantee you won't be bored.  :wink: :mushroom2:

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: First trip- almost like a dream. . . [Re: MOTH]
    #4470091 - 07/29/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Great trip report. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable introduction to psychedelics. Some people like "trip toys" to play with, but all I need to keep me entertained is a cast of interesting characters to watch. I can't imagine seeing knights on horseback riding through the forest. That would almost be too much.

Definitely don't give up on mushrooms. If you're looking for a deep, internally illuminating experience take OneMoreRobot's advice and trip alone in the dark. It's all about set and setting. For this trip you set yourself up for a fun, entertaining afternoon trip in the forest. If your intentions and your goals are clearly defined before you trip, you'll have a much easier time getting where you want to go.

Good luck and welcome to the Shroomery!
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

OfflineInTheFlesh17
Stranger
Re: First trip- almost like a dream. . . [Re: harpd]
    #4490868 - 08/03/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Great trip report, it was very informative. Glad you had a great first time. I my self real soon will get my first trip with shrooms and I hope it all goes well. I know it will though cause I have all the precautions. I will most def. try to type up a report after my first trip. Again good report.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract