Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSenovio
pinheads on petri dish
    #1751521 - 07/26/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys, this is my VERY FIRST POST!!! ok ok. I have just begin my first foray into mycology. I have 3 petri dishes which have grown out some BEAUTIFUL mycelium. on one of them, the mycelium has went into pinning, and some pinheads have formed. I dont really need this dish. I was wondering if i can go ahead and let some shroomz grow from it? And how would I go about letting the pinheads grow out? Do i just take the top off of the petri dish? I have the 3 laid out in my room, with a hepa filter right next to them. They are also taped shut with filter tape, so they can breathe w/o contaminates getting into them. They are on top of a cabinet. Any suggestioons would be grwatly appreciated. Thanks much

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: pinheads on petri dish [Re: Senovio]
    #1751526 - 07/26/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

it wouldnt hurt to try... be sure to tell us the results!!

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1751537 - 07/26/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've had oysters pin on agar but never cubies. If the agar surface is compleletely colonized you should be able to just remove the cover and watch 'em go.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineSenovio
Re: pinheads on petri dish [Re: dog]
    #1751544 - 07/26/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes,the surface is completely colonized with mycelium. And there are a gangload of lil white buttons if you will. There are also two brownish buttons. Now, would some of this mycelium be really good to use to inoculate some mason jars of birdseed? Or should i just take off the cover,and have some early niceness,eheheh.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1751551 - 07/26/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, you can cut wedges out of the dish and transfer them to grain jars. Give them a shake afterwards to distribute the mycelium.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineSenovio
Re: pinheads on petri dish [Re: dog]
    #1752165 - 07/27/03 12:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How long is it from the time pinheads develop,to a flush? I'm wondering if maybe they aborted. Could you cold shcok a petri dish?lol.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1752449 - 07/27/03 04:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Usually a week or longer in some cases from primordia to maturity. If they stop growing for a period of time, then they have / will abort. I doubt your single petri dish will yield anything worth while. It would be much better to use this dish to inoculate grain, since pinning on agar shows good ability to fruit.

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1753586 - 07/27/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Senovio said:
Yes,the surface is completely colonized with mycelium. And there are a gangload of lil white buttons if you will. There are also two brownish buttons. Now, would some of this mycelium be really good to use to inoculate some mason jars of birdseed? Or should i just take off the cover,and have some early niceness,eheheh. 

Do both!  Cut out some wedges for your jars and let the pins fruit.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag