Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblehamloaf
7, 8, 11, 13!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 42. Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PF tek and petri dishes. Q/A [Re: hamloaf]
    #12255758 - 03/23/10 04:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
:calledajoke: :laugh2:

I gave the the medium coarse verm a whirl. We shall see how it goes:popcorn:

As far as those plastic petri dishes. I took a hammer to them.

I mixed a batch of MEA. :stirthepot:  Took 4 ounce mason jars and threw them all in the PC for 20 minutes at 15 psi. Let it cool enough that I can handle the jars and more importantly. The hot agar mix. Without burning myself through the gloves. Got out my glove box. Then poured my agar into these 4 ounce jars at about a quater of an inch of agar high.

Now I'm like forget plastic petri dishes for life.

I'm like forget petri dishes all together.

At least til I come up with the  :money: for the construction of my own flow hood.

Still. What is so great about petri dishes anyway. These little 4 ounce jars really impressed me. You get the quality of glass both affordable, readily available, and easy to handle.

No polyfill. No pain in the neck saran wrap. No seams! Just jars. With lids. That screw on and off.

You can even put self healing inoculation points on these lids and not even have to open them until it's time to transfer.

When your done with them. Just wash them out with bleachy water. Then soap and water. Throw them in your PC at 15 psi for 20 minutes to use again.

Brilliant.  :super:

PF tek is kicking ass with medium coarse vermiculite.

Those four ounce jars are not the best for watching your sectoring form:shrug:
  I still like the jars in the place of petri dishes for now. I think for my aown specifications I will go with wide mouth pint sized jars. I think it will be alot easier to examine the sectoring in them and still have the convience of a jar. We will see.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]