Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBlindtheeye
All Seeing Nothing

Loc: TX Flag
[TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: Anonymous]
    #17493815 - 01/03/13 08:14 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-895582

Emily Bauer was a normal 16 year old girl full of light and laughter, until she decided to try and smoke "Kush", a synthetic marijuana sold under the name potpourri by corner stores and headshops in the area. Emily figured because her friends were doing it, and all seemed fine, that she would be okay. She was terribly mistaken, as is thousands of others who have suffered complications from smoking "fake weed". Kush is unregulated, and you never know what's in it, since the makers are constantly changing a chemical in the compound to find a loophole every time it is outlawed.

Within 15 minutes of smoking, Emily told her boyfriend that she had a migraine and was going to lay down. She then suffered strokes which put her in a psychotic like state, where she proceeded to urinate herself, run into walls, speak gibberish, hallucinate and act violent. The police were called to help restrain her into an ambulance, where she was taken to Northwest Cypress Hospital. The doctors put Emily into an induced coma, where she spent the next 4 days in ICU as they did multiple tests on her brain.

The doctors quickly found out she had strokes, and it had caused severe vasculitis and that parts of her brain were permanently shut down and damaged from the blood vessels contracting and cutting off the oxygen to her brain-- but they also gave us hopes, one as such that she could hear us talking, because her heart rate would rise while we were in the room holding her hand, and stroking the hair off of her swollen face.

After they did all they could do, they life-flighted her in a helicopter to Memorial Herman Hospital Children's ICU on Fannin, where the family learned the hope that her blood vessels were starting to open back up and allow blood to reach her brain. We all grew overjoyed, little did we know this would become our next nightmare.

The open vessels allowed too much blood to reach her brain, and the pressure around her brain was a 28 (a normal human brain is between 1 and 10) and she would need a life or death operation on the brain immediately or she would die. And the other head of the coin stated that if, by chance, she made it through this operation, that the state we saw her in now.. would be how she would be forever -- a vegetable. My mother decided quickly to give Emily the operation, she signed the papers and gave Emily her last goodbyes as they wheeled her off to the Adult Neurology ICU of Memorial Herman and proceeded to drill a whole into her skull where they could insert a tube to drain fluid from her skull.

The family waited and cried, we had no idea if we would ever see Emily again, but we knew that even if we did, we will never have our old Emily back.

Emily made it through the surgery, and she now lays in the ICU, looking peaceful and heavily sedated, as the doctor monitors her and the family waits. It could be days, weeks, months; She will probably never be the same.

I am trying to get the story out about this so called "legal weed", which corner stores sell and do not card for because it is considered aroma. Kids and Adults are smoking this and it's been having serious consequences. Get this story out for Emily, please. So that maybe our tragedy could help others.

--------------------
A great truth cannot be communicated, it must be realized.

Edited by Alan Rockefeller (01/03/13 08:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCavemen

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: Blindtheeye]
    #17493884 - 01/03/13 08:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Holy shit, synthetics are nothing to fuck around with. Society is fucked.

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: Blindtheeye] * 1
    #17493903 - 01/03/13 08:29 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sucks. A tragedy even. But people need to be more aware of what they are putting in their bodies. And do research. These drugs/chems have real lasting consequences.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

OfflineAt My Peak
Jarell
Male

Loc: common side effect of met...
    #17493922 - 01/03/13 08:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Damn that sucks, this stuff i evil. I used to smoke it quite a lot and it pretty much fucked me up, I cant even smoke weed regularly now. Some dude I knew was like 14 and had a stroke because of this, he couldnt walk or talk right for months.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:
Everything I say is completely and 100% true and is a widely known and personally tested fact.

Invisiblejack_straw2208
Doctor
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #17493923 - 01/03/13 08:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

its all part of china's plan to take over the world

--------------------
If you can’t tell what you desperately need, it’s probably sleep.

InvisibleK1ngSp4de
CHUT UP!!!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: jack_straw2208]
    #17493962 - 01/03/13 08:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, I've tried it a few times and don't like it, but this is something else. Next time i hear of people smoking this shit I'm going to have them read this thread.

--------------------
                                    PC Repair and Troubleshooting Forum

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.
                                                - Thomas Jefferson

Si peccasse negamus fallimur et nulla est in nobis veritas.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: K1ngSp4de]
    #17493981 - 01/03/13 08:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

K1ngSp4de said:
Next time i hear of people smoking this shit I'm going to have them read this thread.

The thing is that we have no way of knowing what "this shit" is - most synthetic cannabinoid agonists are probably relatively safe.  I didn't hear stories like this when jwh-018 was all the rage.  But now that they have banned that and the other well known ones, they are putting chemicals in that haven't been tested much.

I have seen a few posts on here recommending Kush as a good brand, I wonder how much they have changed their formulation recently.

Hopefully someone is testing the Kush she had - Though without good reference standards, which are nonexistent for new chemicals, it is very difficult to determine the identity of the drugs in a sample.

InvisibleBeefy1
GONE

Loc: around
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: K1ngSp4de] * 2
    #17493991 - 01/03/13 08:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

sucks,  but it kind of sounds like the doctors might have killed her trying to treat her.

InvisibleBlindtheeye
All Seeing Nothing

Loc: TX Flag
    #17493996 - 01/03/13 08:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I was blown away by this myself.  I always considered the synthetic pot variations of RC's to be on the safer side than some of the more "adventurous" ones out there.  This just goes to show you that you can never just assume that something is safe. It's a sad story for sure.

--------------------
A great truth cannot be communicated, it must be realized.

InvisibleK1ngSp4de
CHUT UP!!!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #17494100 - 01/03/13 09:08 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

K1ngSp4de said:
Next time i hear of people smoking this shit I'm going to have them read this thread.

The thing is that we have no way of knowing what "this shit" is - most synthetic cannabinoid agonists are probably relatively safe.  I didn't hear stories like this when jwh-018 was all the rage.  But now that they have banned that and the other well known ones, they are putting chemicals in that haven't been tested much.

I have seen a few posts on here recommending Kush as a good brand, I wonder how much they have changed their formulation recently.

Hopefully someone is testing the Kush she had - Though without good reference standards, which are nonexistent for new chemicals, it is very difficult to determine the identity of the drugs in a sample.

This is true, we never really know what is in them nowadays. I think a lot of it has to do with individual body chemistry also.

--------------------
                                    PC Repair and Troubleshooting Forum

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.
                                                - Thomas Jefferson

Si peccasse negamus fallimur et nulla est in nobis veritas.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#17494150 - 01/03/13 09:16 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thats fucking horrible. I would let my son pass and go to the Lord. What a nightmare, quite possibly the worst story I have ever read here

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: K1ngSp4de] * 1
    #17494156 - 01/03/13 09:17 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I suspect the use of chemicals like those will drop in places where MJ has been legalized. If so hopefully they'll add that information to the end of articles like these.

--------------------

OfflineKinetic
Hyperdimensional Machine Elf
 User Gallery

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: Kizzle]
    #17494269 - 01/03/13 09:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

So where is the FDA on this one its obvious these are for consumption just because its sold as incense or whatever it is still tuning a blind eye to it but i have no faith in  the FDA anyway but we should still have info on its chemical structure. Tho these synthetics are working in the drug wars favor to make people think all drugs are just as bad.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." - T. McKenna

Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: Kizzle] * 4
    #17494326 - 01/03/13 09:47 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kizzle said:
I suspect the use of chemicals like those will drop in places where MJ has been legalized.

I wish that would be true.  Unfortunately, many of the adults who are driving the market for this GARBAGE are subject to DOT/OSHA (federal) regulation and as such may be asked to provide a urine sample almost any moment with very little advance notice.  One such area I am aware of is a nuclear power plant and military base in one of the western states, the headshops are making a killing selling this junk for $20 a gram and up to people who work in and around heavy machinery and/or radioactive materials on the base.  They buy the "incense" so they can get a nice feel after work without potentially pissing dirty and thus jeopardizing their livelihood.

If you want to see things improve??  Demand legalization of recreational marijuana AND industrial hemp production on the FEDERAL LEVEL with improved testing standards for roadside and or jobsite intoxication screening.  Only then will the GARBAGE market subside and the cartel pressures in the national forests recede.

pray it comes true.

--------------------

"Whales have deep thoughts"

:sun:Dreams are the fuel of the soul:sun:

:peace:

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj *DELETED* [Re: travelleler]
    #17494380 - 01/03/13 10:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by starfire_xes

Reason for deletion: k

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: travelleler]
    #17494384 - 01/03/13 10:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I mean can you imagine it. Imagine how that poor girl feels. Locked inside her body, unable to see, communicate, but can only hear the voice of her parents.

.......this ruins my night, but certainly makes me thankful. We should all realize this the next time one of you scrubs makes a 'I WANNA KILL MYSELF THREAD!!!"

You have no idea what its like to truly need your misery to end. Imagine if that poor girl is Bipolar, schitzophrenic, or suffers from some sort of mental dissorder. She can do nothing but sit there! Imagine if shes in, pain, hungry, craves sexual contact......doesnt matter :facepalm:

I seriously hope she dies, I really do :sad:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (01/07/13 03:42 AM)

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: starfire_xes] * 1
    #17494387 - 01/03/13 10:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"The doctors put Emily into an induced coma"  Meaning, they fried her brain with general anesthetics.

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineDarwin23
INFJ
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: travelleler] * 1
    #17494456 - 01/03/13 10:15 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That's a real shame. I hope she makes a full recovery. I also wish people wouldn't buy into this stuff so much. Sure synthetics can be dangerous, but so can almost every other drug that exists. There are only a handful that I'm aware that won't cause some significant harm in high enough doses. That knee-jerk "Synthetics are fucking evil!" type reaction is exactly what the media is trying to create. It just reminds me of the bath salts hysteria that the media created.

--------------------

Take a look at my journal

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: Darwin23] * 1
    #17494510 - 01/03/13 10:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

starfire_xes is on the money

i know emily

synthetic cannabinoids are strong, but they have no interaction with glutamate.

she freaked out and went to the hospital and they anesthetized her.

not saying synth noid's are safe, but she was alive and didn't need a gas mask until she went to the hospital

she is fine. she's already been released. she is just as dumb as she was before

Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: Darwin23]
    #17494518 - 01/03/13 10:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

It just reminds me of the bath salts hysteria that the media created.

uhhh-- Darwin??  The media did not make these people do the things they did...  If you want to live under a rock then do it, ignore the lessons learned by others and allow history to repeat itself again and again.

synthetics aren't evil but look at what happens when they are used inappropriately.  Chems designed to study aggressive behavior in lab rats probably shouldn't be freebased by humans.  Sorry if you disagree.

--------------------

"Whales have deep thoughts"

:sun:Dreams are the fuel of the soul:sun:

:peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom