Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
lsd gave me a lisp?
    #17387423 -

I took LSD or NBOMe of some kind and I feel like I developed a minor lisp. While tripping all of a sudden something changed and I instantly noticed the speech impediment problem. It kind of freaked me out a little bit wondering if I would ever be able to speak normally again.

This was months ago and the lisp is still present in my speech.

What gives?

Is there any correlation between LSD and lisp development?

This sucks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 3
    #17387453 -

HAHHAAAHA "ACID GAVE ME A LISP" fucking lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #2] * 1
    #17387494 -

My god the athid lithp :omgz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #17387497 -

Anon 2 is an immature loser. Also I have never heard of and drug causing a lisp. Perhaps you didnt notice you had one before the trip and now that you are aware of it it has gotten worse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #17387511 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #17387522 -

Anonymous #4 said:
Anon 2 is an immature loser. Also I have never heard of and drug causing a lisp. Perhaps you didnt notice you had one before the trip and now that you are aware of it it has gotten worse.



Yeah. Well I wasn't aware at all before the trip. In the middle I had a very strong feeling it was the drug. I went from nothing to I wouldn't say full blown lisp but it definitely appeared in the middle as far as I know. Perhaps it affected the speech location of my brain in some way or another? Could it have also not have been lsd if Lsd isn't known to cause it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17387549 -

Where you grinding your teeth at all?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #17387575 -

Anxiety?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #4] * 1
    #17387577 -

Post deleted by Anonymous

Reason for deletion: f


Edited by Anonymous (12/13/12 07:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #17387629 -

Anonymous #4 said:
Where you grinding your teeth at all?



Maybe....Probably actually. I've taken a lot of molly in the past 2 years. Been clean from that for almost a year now though. I grinded my teeth a lot on that but didn't notice any change.


Anonymous #6 said:
It is quite possible that you had a drug induced stroke and that is what caused you to develop a lisp. I'd suggest not using research chemicals until there is research showing exactly what effects they have on the human body.



Holy shit... Yeah I haven't taken anything since then, I suspected it was a RC of some kind even though the person who gave it to me said it was LSD. Am I gonna be okay from the stroke and will my speech ever return to normal? Kinda scary

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #17387639 -

Anonymous #5 said:
Anxiety?



Idk if I'm anxious. I didn't know anxiety could cause lisps. It definitely feels like it is neurocognitive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #17387645 -

OP, is this something you might have focused upon, that could be explained by psychology or such?

Or do you think this is an abrupt change that is undeniable?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #17387654 -

OP, don't get worried about the talk of stroke and such, not undermining the other poster's point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17387657 -

Post deleted by Anonymous

Reason for deletion: f


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #17387663 -

Honestly I don't think it could be explained by anything in science. Like what someone else said about people not being familiar with the research chems effect on the body. I'm guessing it affected me in some unknown way with no explanation. And yeah it happened just like that. One moment i was normal and the next different. Like something snapped.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #17387670 -

Seems to me whatever is the issue, it will fade with time. May have nothing to do with drug use. If it were, the pattern would probably been detected by now.

Like the old docs said, relax... and eat well. Your body is just fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #17387671 -

Anonymous #6 said:
I have no idea if you even had a stroke, and if you did, it may have not even been related to the drug. My statement was merely a hypothesis. That being said, the theory is quite possible. I have a friend who O.D.'d on adderall and had a stroke. He speaks with a lisp to this day and it happened over eleven years ago.



Its starting to make sense now. I was given "LSD" is what he called it but it didn't feel like LSD. He gave me a lot too and trusting him as my friend I probably took too much. I prob took too much of some RC that no one knows anything about and fucked myself up beyond repair.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17387695 -

I don't think so OP. Relax. You're fine. If RC's caused strokes like that, it would be known.

Go to your doc and talk about it if you need to.
It more than likely has nothing to do with RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #17387759 -

Also, check your tongue muscles. Can you curl your tongue the way you used to? Use a mirror. Do you have any loss of sensation?

Your doc can help you check for any neurological damage.

If there is none, then your perception of your lisp will probably fade.

I know from my experience that speech patterns and how they sound are very based on self-awareness. I suspect that that might be the issue?

Can I ask you OP, has anyone else noticed your lisp, or is it only yourself?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd gave me a lisp? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17387780 -

Lisps, slurred speech, stuttering - well known neurological consequences of repeated LSD use.

Parasthesias, getting the tingles creep up on you at unexpected moments, is fairly common too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* People that lisp and stutter... Anonymous 203 5 06/19/09 12:50 PM
by Anonymous
* Why can't more gay men be like Mr. Brady? Anonymous 460 11 06/16/10 03:31 PM
by Anonymous
* Being polite about
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 850 46 08/03/09 11:45 PM
by Anonymous
* Who hates southerners?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Anonymous 3,683 124 09/22/10 12:14 AM
by Anonymous
* Gonna let a chick bone me with a strap on today
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 780 22 08/15/08 05:25 PM
by Anonymous
* I don't think peoplee are born gay
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Anonymous 2,624 105 08/20/09 10:21 AM
by Anonymous
* Gay People
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Anonymous 3,671 120 12/29/08 03:36 AM
by Anonymous
* Shrooms, can they turn you gay? *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,228 22 04/10/09 12:19 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,712 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.