Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Jaded by the predictability of social interactions [Re: Hobozen]
    #17376759 -

As a Classical musician I basically spend all day practicing, real work and hard work but obviously better than "day jobs". There are sacrifices which balance this out, hard to get started and there's no guarantee of a decent living but for the individuals who are actually willing to put in the work (very competitive field) and deal with possibly permanent poverty - work couldn't be better.

Job description
Start at noon end at dawn, no guarantee of ever making a decent living. Few hours of technical practice a day, few hours of rehearsal, few hours of performance, few hours teaching, few hours composing. Lots of pot and alcohol
If only the days were longer, hard to get shit done. What am I doing on this website? I'm fucking busy man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jaded by the predictability of social interactions [Re: Hobozen]
    #17378060 -

blankk said:
It's much more common to hear the phrase, "I have to work today", than it is to hear "I get to work today".  Actually I've yet to hear someone enthused about going to work.  If it didn't take up so much of our day maybe it would be different. 




Yep, ever since I was a teenager that has been my life-time goal, however I manage to achieve it.  I think there are a few different ways.


--------------------
Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity.
The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
Tomorrow, when resurrection comes,
The heart that is not in love will fail the test.

~ Rumi



The day we start giving Love instead of seeking Love, we will have re-written our whole destiny.
~ Swami Chinmayanada Saraswatir

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The science of social interaction.
( 1 2 all )
Larrythescaryrex 2,626 23 01/16/03 06:50 AM
by sirreal
* Childhood wisdom on social interactions Cherk 625 5 02/04/06 10:06 AM
by Cherk
* Social SpecialEd 874 7 03/29/04 01:43 PM
by vade
* Do you treat life like a social experiment? LifeIsSweet 744 2 11/02/05 07:06 PM
by Dre
* Psilocybin Social Studies: What would happen if you... World Spirit 1,746 13 07/31/03 02:47 PM
by CosmicJoke
* Overcoming social anxiety
( 1 2 all )
Grav 5,646 33 08/08/10 04:15 PM
by Poptart
* bummer....a McKenna prediction's already wrong
( 1 2 3 all )
question_for_joo 7,276 51 03/20/05 03:19 PM
by Gomp
* Personal Predictability
( 1 2 all )
Swami 1,768 24 03/27/04 05:53 PM
by SpecialEd

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,108 topic views. 2 members, 3 guests and 48 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.