Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: 28064212]
    #17359003 -

28064212 said:
Amanita86 said:
Wiccan_Seeker said:
Shameless self-copypasta:  my reply from the Culinary Arts forum on how to make restaurant quality hard boiled eggs:



Quote:
EWWWWW!  :ugh:

The actual recipe sounds yum, but the way you boil eggs is atrocious for the flavor, odor and texture of the egg.

Try covering the eggs with cold water, at least double as high as the eggs are in the pot, then add two teaspoons of salt per liter, bring to a boil then turn off the gas  (if electric place the pot on a folded towel to slow cooling) then let sit for 12 minutes, then quench with cold water, let sit to cool for 5 min and then proceed with your recipe.

Cooking that way will give you restaurant quality hard boiled eggs, and the cold quenching assures the skins peel off easily. It works as well for one egg in a little pot to a soup kettle with dozens of eggs.





Are you sure that'll cook it all the way through?  Has anyone tried this?



Yes doesn't everyone know this how you boil an egg? Did your mama never teach you nothing?



My mom never taught me how to boil an egg.  We were separated when I was a wee baby.. :yeahthatsfunny:

However I just tried the method and it worked wonderfully.  Whilst I was waiting for them I did some sunny side up eggs in a bucket which kicked ass.  So long story short this will be my new method of hard boiling eggs.  Thank you wiccan and all involved. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Amanita86]
    #17359040 -

used to be a breakfast cook, i love the fuck out of some eggs. scrambled and over medium-easy for me. being diabetic i can eat as many eggs as i want without insulin as well so down they go whenever i want a snack. bacon and eggs, the snack food of champions.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Amanita86]
    #17359195 -

Regarding Wiccan's post, what exactly does "quench with cold water" mean?  Put cold water into the hot water?  Drain the hot and replace with cold?  Remove the eggs and rinse with cold water in the sink?  Drink some cold water while you wait?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: abltsandwich]
    #17359206 -

abltsandwich said:
Regarding Wiccan's post, what exactly does "quench with cold water" mean?  Put cold water into the hot water?  Drain the hot and replace with cold?  Remove the eggs and rinse with cold water in the sink?  Drink some cold water while you wait?



I figured it meant a rinse with cold water before leaving them to cool. I'm about to go do this now. Wish me luck. :ooo:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #17359212 -

i am gonna make some bacon and eggs. this is gonna be one awesome breakfast.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: akira_akuma]
    #17359218 -

If I'm making scrambled eggs, I always do 2 whole eggs and 2 whites and throw out the other yolks, too much fuckin cholesterol man, don't want it to bite me in the ass way down the line.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: schwarg]
    #17359220 -

I eat eggs religiously. Only thing is eggs are light so i'm hungry in an hour after eating:datass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: T-Rex]
    #17359369 -

I always eat eggs for breakfast. Put 2 or 3 in a bowl mixed up with a bit of milk then fried in a pan. makes them real fluffy.

I hate boiled eggs though. Id rather eat them raw

:datass: eating fetuses

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: abltsandwich]
    #17359380 -

Drain the hot and replace with cold isd what I do. It shocks the eggs so that the shell peels off nicely.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Asante]
    #17359387 -

i just rendered down some bacon into a crusty slab and scrambled some eggs.

FUCK YA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: akira_akuma]
    #17359469 -

scrabled egg and smoked salmon. YES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Tomkin]
    #17359475 -

I can only eat eggs every once in a while.  If i try to eat them too often I get grossed out idk why

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Tomkin]
    #17359481 -

Tomkin said:
scrabled egg and smoked salmon. YES



:discorex:  :rockdude:
smoked salmon is soo gooood

:homerdrool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17359541 -

Shroomopotamus said:
I think eggs are gross right up until they are fully cooked & covered in salt
I always get scared cracking an egg open with the thoughts of a dead bird being inside rather than the yolk. & then I just look at the yolk as a a fetus while it cooks.
But then when its 100% done
:datass:








http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_%28egg%29


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Amanita86]
    #17359557 -

Amanita86 said:
then let sit for 12 minutes, then quench with cold water, let sit to cool for 5 min and then proceed with your recipe.



i just discovered recently that, if right after cooking, you set the hard boiled eggs in a bowl full of cold water, then pop that in the fridge, itll make them super easy to peel them,

you can keep them in there for a couple minutes, or a couple days, and they'll still peel perfectly


to peel perfectly, wrap them loosely in a paper towel and bounce them on the counter top a few times until there's little cracks on all sides of the egg, roll it around gently a bit to make more little cracks and to create a pathway to peel around the center. pinch ahold of the cracks and peel away!


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Envix]
    #17359625 -

to whoever posted "eggs in a nest" sunny side up + toast + cheese

THANK YOU you are wise. this was my breakfast today


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: GEncore]
    #17359635 -

I love my eggs man. In fact, thats what Im having 15 minutes from now.

3 hard boiled eggs with spicy mayo

:homerdrool:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: Patlal]
    #17359784 -

I love eggs. I eat 4 of them every morning. I scramble them, add hot sauce, salt, hummus, and hemp seed. It's so good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: GEncore]
    #17359852 -

Hard boiled eggs wrapped in sausage and bread crumbs and spices...

...otherwise known as scotch eggs.

I also love frying up some eggs and adding it to some water-drained ramaen, with some fried onion too. And any leftover beef if I have any. Breakfast sausage sounds good but it's filling as it is. 

Another favorite of mine is a fried egg, lightly fried avocado, fried onion, crispy fried bacon with salt, pepper and shredded sharp cheddar cheese omelet/egg and tasty ingredient mixture thing.


--------------------
A million tomorrows and a million yesterdays but mine is today

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eggs are wonderful [Re: schwarg]
    #17360138 -

schwarg said:
If I'm making scrambled eggs, I always do 2 whole eggs and 2 whites and throw out the other yolks, too much fuckin cholesterol man, don't want it to bite me in the ass way down the line.



There are different kinds of cholestrol.
Egg yolks have the "healthy" kind of cholestrol.

Also the yolk has a good portion of the nutrition, so don't deny your body those needed vitamins!


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How do you like your eggs?
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 4,447 56 04/13/04 11:38 AM
by Ripple
* Got my cholesterol tested :) Anjaba 861 7 07/17/05 09:52 PM
by Le_Canard
* What did I do wrong to these hard boiled eggs?!? RedNucleus 1,074 8 03/17/05 09:20 AM
by Boom
* donating your eggs/sperm... Delyrium 3,426 11 03/08/04 12:06 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Eggs and Sausage (plus spoken word intro)! PapaverS 1,132 4 03/16/03 10:21 AM
by Papaver
* Have I ever told you how much I like Eggs? Ripple 813 10 07/19/04 09:49 AM
by Mojo_Risin
* Kneel to the Egg-Nog!!! Adamist 730 12 12/22/04 08:29 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Cadbury cream eggs
( 1 2 all )
DNKYD 2,619 26 04/04/05 09:28 AM
by JoeChip

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,386 topic views. 3 members, 36 guests and 138 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.