Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: uber_aj]
    #17218811 -

Seems like an awful lot of luck though doesn't it? Do you think it's luck that we have only been around for a blink of an eye in the geological history sense and we have gone form living in caves to landing robots on other planets? I mean if you think about it, crocodiles have been around for 65 million years, why arent they way more advanced than us. They have had way more time to develop an intellect then we have?


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko] * 2
    #17218827 -

Aiko Aiko said:
Seems like an awful lot of luck though doesn't it? Do you think it's luck that we have only been around for a blink of an eye in the geological history sense and we have gone form living in caves to landing robots on other planets? I mean if you think about it, crocodiles have been around for 65 million years, why arent they way more advanced than us. They have had way more time to develop an intellect then we have?



Do you even understand evolution?


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Dawks]
    #17218840 -

No explain it to me :rolleyes:


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17218846 -

Why did we "evolve" into a reasoning being?


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Dawks] * 1
    #17218854 -

"I mean if you think about it rocks have been around for BILLIONS of years, why aren't they more advanced than us? they have had way more time to develop intellect than we have."


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko] * 2
    #17218859 -

Aiko Aiko said:
There is no proof that exists that proves where evolution began. Therefore it would have had to have been created, hence a Creator.



Nice fallacy, LOL.

There is no proof that there isn't a god, so he MUST exist.
:rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17218860 -

They're not living creatures, kind of a big difference. I mean unless I'm tripping my ass off..:smirk:


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17218865 -

SoreSpore said:
Aiko Aiko said:
There is no proof that exists that proves where evolution began. Therefore it would have had to have been created, hence a Creator.



Nice fallacy, LOL.

There is no proof that there isn't a god, so he MUST exist.
:rolleyes:



NVM, I did say that, haha!! :bongload:


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Edited by Aiko Aiko (11/14/12 01:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17218868 -

Aiko Aiko said:
Why did we "evolve" into a reasoning being?



the point of evolution is for something to turn into a creature that can survive in its habitat. crocodiles havent evolved into intelligent beings because they have no need to. Humans are relatively weak in the physical department. Living in a jungle for example we would get torn a new asshole if all we had going for us was brute strength to survive. so instead we have intelligents.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17218870 -

Aiko Aiko said:
There is no proof that exists that proves where evolution began. Therefore it would have had to have been created, hence a Creator.  I believe in evolution to a point. I just dont think it explains an origin.



http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17218694#17218694

Yes, you did.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: lar20]
    #17218873 -

Why not just let us die out, survival of the fittest :shrug:


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17218876 -

SoreSpore said:
Aiko Aiko said:
There is no proof that exists that proves where evolution began. Therefore it would have had to have been created, hence a Creator.  I believe in evolution to a point. I just dont think it explains an origin.



http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17218694#17218694

Yes, you did.



Look above.. :evil:


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Dawks]
    #17218878 -

Dawks said:
Do you even understand evolution?



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17218880 -

Aiko Aiko said:
Why not just let us die out, survival of the fittest :shrug:



Because then everything would die out because they never evolved to be perfectly suited to their habitat.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17218884 -

I do understand it, I just dont think it comes close to explaining creation. Can matter spontaneously exist?


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: lar20]
    #17218887 -

lar20 said:
Aiko Aiko said:
Why not just let us die out, survival of the fittest :shrug:



Because then everything would die out because they never evolved to be perfectly suited to their habitat.



Many species have died out from natural selection, what made up special?


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17218894 -

Haha, touche..


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #17218903 -

Why couldn't a creator have created evolution?


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: lar20] * 1
    #17218908 -

lar20 said:
Aiko Aiko said:
Why did we "evolve" into a reasoning being?



the point of evolution is for something to turn into a creature that can survive in its habitat. crocodiles havent evolved into intelligent beings because they have no need to. Humans are relatively weak in the physical department. Living in a jungle for example we would get torn a new asshole if all we had going for us was brute strength to survive. so instead we have intelligents.



then why arent any other weak animals in the jungle evolving (they also have been on this planet longer than us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Evolution vs Creation [Re: mrlame] * 1
    #17218919 -

mrlame said:
lar20 said:
Aiko Aiko said:
Why did we "evolve" into a reasoning being?



the point of evolution is for something to turn into a creature that can survive in its habitat. crocodiles havent evolved into intelligent beings because they have no need to. Humans are relatively weak in the physical department. Living in a jungle for example we would get torn a new asshole if all we had going for us was brute strength to survive. so instead we have intelligents.



then why arent any other weak animals in the jungle evolving (they also have been on this planet longer than us



Very god point, kinda what I was getting at, but you articulated it better..


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Evolution
( 1 2 all )
mungojerry 3,481 28 05/15/06 09:15 PM
by downforpot
* 100 reasons why evolution is so stupid
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Isaac 8,963 88 08/25/07 01:29 AM
by Papaver
* Biblical Creation Museum MagicalMystery 1,048 5 10/16/05 03:56 PM
by chinacat72
* Evolution and ancient life forms.
( 1 2 all )
masteroflight 3,701 22 05/06/07 07:36 PM
by Ferris
* how did some people evolve to be ectomorph's? DistortedEyes 2,724 8 04/11/06 11:49 AM
by goobler
* Why Humanity is Simultaneously Evolving... Herbus 1,023 8 05/13/06 01:14 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* America = Amaruka (not from Amerigo V.) kotik 10,352 10 03/10/06 08:08 AM
by Charles
* William Penn V - "Swami" (mp3) LearyfanS 880 3 07/07/05 08:00 AM
by Learyfan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,482 topic views. 6 members, 10 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.