Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Soulidarity]
    #16976898 -

Meh I don't think bathroom stall art hurts at all in a public restroom. The public place can pay a small amount to have it removed or they can let that small quote stay there so people can get enjoyment out of it. I doubt many people get enjoyment out of seeing one word spraypainted across an entire building in that manner. Spray painting your name across a whole privately owned business is just really acting as a way to seriously hurt the business and the people owning it
I wouldnt call what he is doing at 625 art by any means

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16976908 -

it's all relative though, his is just on a larger scale. its literally the same thing. its taking private property and putting your own expression over the top of it. i agree too i mean, artistically it doesnt really have much merit, i think it looks like shit as well. it still is most definitely art though, he's making a statement with his work, just like anyone else does


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16976915 -

Has anyone seen Exit Through the Gift Shop? It made me really want to do some street art I've been working on some stencils but I'm not sure how to tie it all together

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Soulidarity]
    #16976925 -

Well then its the lowest form of art I've ever seem. I said I'm doing this in public restrooms. At the very worst a Mccdonalds. I'm not going up to someones privately owned barber shop and spray painting there whole entire store front with one word. I've seriously seen 5 year olds make better art then that. I have to draw the line somewhere. That guy crossed it a long time ago:facepalm: Banksy would not approve:kingcrankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16976952 -

:hissyfit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Hobozen]
    #16976963 -

Good rebuttle young chap:manofapproval:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16976968 -

i like cow poo said:
Holy fuck that was the trashiest thing I've ever seen. Why the fuck would he do that? It looks like shit and is hurting private businesses and people most likely



What the fuck do you think you are doing?

At least he has the balls to actually do it in public, not in rest rooms. And you call his work trashy? :facepalm:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16976971 -

im not the hypocrite tagging bathroom stalls :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Everlong]
    #16976977 -

Everlong said:
i like cow poo said:
Holy fuck that was the trashiest thing I've ever seen. Why the fuck would he do that? It looks like shit and is hurting private businesses and people most likely



What the fuck do you think you are doing?

At least he has the balls to actually do it in public, not in rest rooms. And you call his work trashy? :facepalm:



this guy doesn't paint on the front of buildings like cow poo mentioned earlier.  mostly places that wouldn't need to be painted over like alleyways and the back of buildings.  cow poo's temper, hypocrisy and willingness to pull shit out of his ass to sound right speaks volumes about his character.

Edited by Hobozen (10/06/12 10:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Hobozen]
    #16976979 -

I wonder what kind of work OP is putting up in bathroom stalls

sounds like another casket


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Hobozen]
    #16976998 -

Hehehe go out tagging outside of the safety of the toilet and you'll understand what it's really about. Its amazing when you start to notice just how many people are out writing. Also, you'd be surprised how little people care... I once went tagging down 5th avenue in NYC as the sun set, in plain sight; no one said a word.... But that was a unique situation.
Sharpies suck, you want paint pens.
Don't be a dick actually vandalizing stuff, like scratching people's glass; write on stuff that could use a fresh coat of paint...:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Lynnch]
    #16977370 -

Lynnch said:
Don't be a dick actually vandalizing stuff, like scratching people's glass; write on stuff that could use a fresh coat of paint...:thumbup:



Yeah I have no problem with graffiti artists tagging in certain places. I just don't think its cool to take a fire extiguisher and paint the whole front side of a public business with a word that means nothing to most people costing hard working people there business until the graffiti is taken down. It looks like a 3 year old giant took a giant crayon and decided to have fun. I'm sure that caused alot of misery for many people.
I don't plan on tagging personal property. Drawing a  small flower and putting a meaningful quote in public bathroom stall does minimal harm and may even brighten someones day. Thats just my opinion but I believe there is a difference between vandalism and public art that isn't legal :starwars:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16977408 -

You come off as very naive and young in your posts.

Quote:
Thats just my opinion but I believe there is a difference between vandalism and public art that isn't legal



:lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Everlong]
    #16977463 -

Im not that old but old enough to legally drink. Everyone is naive on some level.
I'm not going to keep arguing. Perhaps what I'm doing is wrong to an extent. Maybe drawing small flowers and intellectual quotes causes more harm then I realize. Maybe people fucking hate flowers and intellectual quotes but what that guy was doing at 625 will have a much much much more negative impact on innocent people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16977773 -

Fuck I just killed my own thread by derailing it:facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16977805 -

I was all about your thread until you posted that you writing scribbles in a bathroom stall is art yet the youtube video posted by another user isn't. :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Everlong]
    #16977972 -

maybe im just biased to graffiti that has a social message:strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Everlong]
    #16977998 -







--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16978021 -

i like cow poo said:
maybe im just biased to graffiti that has a social message:strokebeard:




Just because you don't see/understand the message does not mean there is none.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: prettyMushy]
    #16978217 -

prettyMushy said:








5 shrooms for you!!! :thatsaten:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* good graffiti > art
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,031 31 12/24/05 07:08 PM
by eNmity
* graffiti ethics
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Moonshoe 5,960 78 09/30/04 07:30 AM
by kadakuda
* abstract art 2
( 1 2 3 all )
KidgardFromSRQ 5,350 41 10/06/06 11:51 AM
by Mike_yy
* The Graffiti Appreciation Thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
jenns_hot 13,989 179 11/14/10 10:35 PM
by jenns_hot
* Upload your art.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
awesomebastard 11,799 162 03/10/08 04:04 PM
by Kombat Frank
* I want to write on a building
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MOTH 3,463 70 08/02/06 02:27 PM
by Dfekt
* stencil art. Artnotwar 1,211 12 09/26/08 08:41 PM
by skin_
* Graffiti flubbilynumpkins 1,090 14 05/12/06 09:19 PM
by trippin_balls

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,665 topic views. 9 members, 14 guests and 106 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 16 queries.