Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Graffiti Art
    #16974790 -

So I've been getting into graffiti. All I do is bathroom stalls. So far I've only gotten 1 stall. I like the idea of putting up meaningful quotes and classy art. I put up one quote so far I've put up one quote by Aldo Leopold. The sharpies kinda suck on some surfaces.
Any graffitiers here? Post pics!
Please faggot flamers please stay far away I don't want to waste my time reading your retarded drivle.
Also do what do you think the chances are of getting caught graffiting stalls? Provided your smart about it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo] * 1
    #16974804 -

Put your art on canvas
don't vandalize

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: kal3munchi3s]
    #16974827 -

I agree most graffiti is shitty. But if it makes the bathroom look nicer for the majority. Idk I just feel like a rebel my life is really boring:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16974850 -

think of the people who own what you're writing on and the people who have to clean it up

if you're going to graffiti these things you should at least front the cost if the owner doesn't want your "art" on their property

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: kal3munchi3s] * 1
    #16974864 -

LaFS said:
think of the people who own what you're writing on and the people who have to clean it up

if you're going to graffiti these things you should at least front the cost if the owner doesn't want your "art" on their property



Public property funded by taxes..
The people who clean it up get work out of it.

:shrug:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: The_Ghost]
    #16974871 -

The_Ghost said:
LaFS said:
think of the people who own what you're writing on and the people who have to clean it up

if you're going to graffiti these things you should at least front the cost if the owner doesn't want your "art" on their property



Public property funded by taxes..
The people who clean it up get work out of it.

:shrug:



strong justification.. lol

brb spending tax money on cleaning up graffiti vs. spending it on something useful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: kal3munchi3s]
    #16975195 -

Fuck that noise as long as your not bombin private property it's all good in my books. Keep writing, be creative and don't get caught because the cops don't fuck around when it comes to it, especially if your city has an anti-graffiti division  :doublefacepalm:

Edited by elborito (10/05/12 11:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: elborito]
    #16975234 -

Many places will let you graph their shit legit if you can demonstrate to them it'll look awesome. Carry some samples of your work around with you and offer to do bathrooms and stuff.

Unless you're in it to stick it to the man, which is fine too :hehehe:


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16975286 -

i like public graffiti when its nice


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: elborito]
    #16975419 -

here ya go:



--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Soulidarity]
    #16975448 -

epic graffiti by Sirum said:
-"Lost For Words"...
I was spending my time in the duldrums......
I was caught in a cauldron of hate. I felt persecuted and paralysed.....
I thought that everything else would just wait. while you are wasting time on
Your enemies, engulfed in a fever of spite, Beyond your tunnel vision reality fades.....
Like shadows into the night. To martyr yourself to caution, is not going to help at all.
Because there will be no safety in "numbers" when the "righteous" walks out of the door.......
Can you see your days lightened by darkness? Is it true you beat your fists on the floor?
Stuck in a World of Isolation.... While the ivy grows over the door.......
So i open the door to my enemy... And i ask if we can wipe the slate clean?
But they tell me to please go fuck myself.....


                                                                                                -no you just cant win.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: elborito]
    #16976758 -

elborito said:
Fuck that noise as long as your not bombin private property it's all good in my books. Keep writing, be creative and don't get caught because the cops don't fuck around when it comes to it, especially if your city has an anti-graffiti division  :doublefacepalm:



Yeah getting caught is my worst fear. I think its highly unlikely I will as  long as I do it in public restrooms when noone is there with a sharpie with the stall closed. If I do get caught I'll probably get in more shit then most. Aka getting kicked outta college:tinfoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16976766 -

hahaha if your sticking to toilets don't worry. Start hitting trains.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16976771 -

so how do you do your work? like with pens/markers etc, stencils, or you doing paste ups?

get some photos of your work, i'm interested to see what your throwing up in bath stalls and shit hahah.

sooner or later you'll end up putting shit in alley ways and on street signs and public places.

check out this guy, called " Kidult ", as you can see from this video... he's followed the proverbial graffiti rabbit hole fairly deeply and has started doin' big thangs

if your impatient just skip to 6:25, the dude is crazy, he doesnt give a fuck


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Soulidarity]
    #16976794 -

The shroomery wont let me watch youtube videos :mad:. Idk I can pm you some of the stuff I'm going to do. I just want to keep most of the evidence of the internet. Just incase shit goes down. Maybe I'm too paranoid for this hobbie:rofl:
Heres some stuff I got my eye on

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16976821 -

ahh kk , well if you go to youtube and search for " Kidult illegalize graffiti " and find a ~10 minute video, skip to 6;25 to see what he does.



but yeah dude PM me your work and shit i'm interestd to see what you get up to and all that. if you dont be stupid about it i think its pretty difficult to get caught. obviously your not going to start writing things when there are people around.



nice images, some of those are fairly complex though to get onto walls. i was going to paint up my room with wicked stencils and all kinds of flourescent glow in the dark paint, but then i realised how difficult it is to work with stencils. it's very tedious shit and you have to really think about how you draw your images, because everything needs to have bridges in it.


for e.g. if you stencil a soccer ball and jsut cut the circular outline, it will just be one giant circle, and all the detail in the centre will be lost. thats why you need to create bridges in the work so that the centre area will still be attached. theres other options, like doing multiple layered stencils, but yeah, it gets pretty complicated


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art *DELETED* [Re: i like cow poo] * 1
    #16976828 -

Post deleted by blankk

Reason for deletion: private


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Hobozen]
    #16976841 -

nice, i like his tag at the left of the last pic, fresh styles!


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: Soulidarity]
    #16976852 -

Holy fuck that was the trashiest thing I've ever seen. Why the fuck would he do that? It looks like shit and is hurting private businesses and people most likely

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Graffiti Art [Re: i like cow poo]
    #16976871 -

and your sharpie bathroom stall work isn't? it's art dude. you have to understand their mindset and what they are trying to do with their artwork. its the same kind of expressionism and mentality that you have in wanting to put your quotes up around in bath stalls. don't be so quick to judge. your the same thing.  he's just doing it on a much bigger scale lol


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* good graffiti > art
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,031 31 12/24/05 07:08 PM
by eNmity
* graffiti ethics
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Moonshoe 5,960 78 09/30/04 07:30 AM
by kadakuda
* abstract art 2
( 1 2 3 all )
KidgardFromSRQ 5,350 41 10/06/06 11:51 AM
by Mike_yy
* The Graffiti Appreciation Thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
jenns_hot 13,989 179 11/14/10 10:35 PM
by jenns_hot
* Upload your art.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
awesomebastard 11,799 162 03/10/08 04:04 PM
by Kombat Frank
* I want to write on a building
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MOTH 3,463 70 08/02/06 02:27 PM
by Dfekt
* stencil art. Artnotwar 1,211 12 09/26/08 08:41 PM
by skin_
* Graffiti flubbilynumpkins 1,090 14 05/12/06 09:19 PM
by trippin_balls

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,665 topic views. 6 members, 6 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.