Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRBX
poop
SWIMS pan cyan plan
    #1676751 - 07/01/03 01:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

1. Obtain a pressure cooker. Money is tight, what is a cheap but good pressure cooker? Any reccomendations for SWIM?
2. Follow this tek for creation of spawn Sporeworks rye seed spawn bag tek Swim is planning on using these Medium Autoclavable Gusseted Bulk Spawn Bags w/ Self-Healing Injector Site priced at $15 for 10 bags. SWIM needs to know if any rye seed is preferable. Spawn is to be innoculated with Sporeworks Australian strain Pan Cyan syringe, priced at $23.
3. Once the spawn is fully colonized it will be used to spawn this High Mountain Compost. It is being used because it is prepasturized, fairly priced, and SWIM has heard good things about it. SWIM is unsure of the amount he will need, and the ratio at which to spawn it. Input would be appreciated. SWIM is looking to make casings 5-6 inches deep in oven pans, that will then be placed (as many as will fit) into 2 large (55 gallon he thinks, although maybe a bit smaller), Rubbermaid containers. SWIM has been informed that this mixture will not need to be cased with anything else, other than maybe some more of the compost to even it out once the myc starts to poke through. He has also been informed that no other humidification needs to be provided outside of misting the casings. SWIM would like input as to whether this will keep humidity high enough, as he is skeptical. He is also curious whether it would be better to just put a 5-6 inch layer right into the 'maid instead of making seperate casings, although the risk of losing such a large casing due to contams makes him nervous. His maids have windows in the top, polyfill filters in the sides, and are left out in the open in a room providing a fairly long period of light, with temperatures between 70 and 85 degrees, although usually in between there.
4. Mist daily until pins form, then discontinue until the flush is harvested.
5. Fan daily 2-5 times, depending on availability due to work and other engagements.
6. Enjoy!

Any questions  , comments, ideas, input, changes, and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated by SWIM, he really wants to get this right! :laugh: :mushroom2: :wink: 

--------------------
Peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: SWIMS pan cyan plan [Re: RBX]
    #1676848 - 07/01/03 02:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Let me start off by saying usually folks here dont reply to things like this cuz there's just so much to say about your plan, so many questions you asked, people dont know where to begin...However, I feel like taking a shot, here goes.

Have you ever done casings before with compost? Did you do them with high mountain compost?

If you've never done casings, you shouldnt try spawning the high mountain. Actually, you shouldnt even try pans (yet, of course).

If you're dead set on the pans, my foaf would just try to fruit them off the rye seed alone.

Here's why- compost can be tricky to get the moisture right. You can water it down for a couple minutes and say, "Hey, this moisture content is right." and it WILL feel right too. But, you'll come back 45 minutes later and realize its not as wet as it was before b/c it absorbed the water.

So- having said that, if you do decide to go with compost, make sure you give yourself some time to get the moisture right and over water it at first but dont flood it.

Also- my foaf is against putting them in an open room. Especially because you're going to find that these need lots of air exchange and polyfilters on the side doesnt make it contam proof, it just helps. The air that will be exchanging is from that room and you wanna try to make sure its only exposed to clean air.

Another thing, my foaf wouldnt go with a 5-6 inch deep substrate. More cropping surface will give you a higher yeild in the end b/c you probably wont reap the benefits of a deep substrate b/c you'll get contams b4 u can see those flushes. Maybe after you get more experience with them, go deeper but my foaf wouldnt suggest going so deep at first.

Hope this helps

-t-

Edited by Twista (07/01/03 02:08 PM)

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: SWIMS pan cyan plan [Re: Twista]
    #1676868 - 07/01/03 02:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

oh, about the pressure cooker. Check out flea markets and yard sales for great deals. If you want to purchase one new, check out appliances.com. They're pretty reasonable.

OfflineRBX
poop
Re: SWIMS pan cyan plan [Re: Twista]
    #1676880 - 07/01/03 02:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yes SWIM have done casings before, no SWIM havn't used this compost. But, it is claimed to have an already appropriate water content Check it out here, I just realized that my links didnt copy with the thread, sorry.

--------------------
Peace

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
    #1677373 - 07/01/03 06:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Take a look at mushmush's pan. cyan. cultivation page at methods.... Helped much to me! :smile:

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

OfflineRBX
poop
Re: SWIMS pan cyan plan [Re: ph_plus]
    #1678152 - 07/01/03 11:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

thanks

--------------------
Peace

OfflineJack_Straw
ROC
 User Gallery
    #1933964 - 09/20/03 12:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ph_plus said:
      Take a look at mushmush's pan. cyan. cultivation page at methods.... Helped much to me! :smile: 

Don't have a link, do you? 

Anonymous

Re: SWIMS pan cyan plan [Re: Jack_Straw]
    #1944110 - 09/23/03 01:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was about to say that too. I would like a link too. :smile:

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: SWIMS pan cyan plan [Re: ]
    #1944617 - 09/23/03 03:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

OfflineJack_Straw
ROC
 User Gallery
    #1945881 - 09/23/03 09:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, 5 shrooms for you

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1947460 - 09/24/03 12:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

70 degrees is too low, you want 78-82 degrees

and you need to make sure you can keep humidity high while being able to provide the air exchange they need, they are much more finnicky about CO2 levels, than say cubensis. Your best bet is a cool mist, i think.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisibleWheedhead!
Test subject #1

Loc: Area 51
Re: SWIMS pan cyan plan [Re: Jack_Straw]
    #1947786 - 09/24/03 02:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Una`s tek is also listed in the FAQ HERE

--------------------
I just  :heart: The Shroomery

Monkeys might fly out of my butt

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. "
Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology