Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekernelpanic99
Stranger
was i actually in danger?
    #1661833 - 06/25/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i took some shrooms the other day while in amsterdam and i really dunno how much there was in weight or anything, but it wasn't a crazy amount cos my friend had taken about the same amount (so he said) from the same batch the previous day (i wasn't there) and he said they were fine. anyway, all i know for sure was that there were some little ones from hawaii and a big one from thailand.

the trip was soo strong, MUCH stronger than i'd ever had before (i've tripped about 25 times now), and it was kinda unpleasant at the peak cos i was getting the nausea which i always get until 2-3 hours after eating them. the visuals were really intense and that was cool, but there were some physical things that bothered me:

1. my back kept on arching and spasming, not constantly, but every half minute or so, without warning it would suddenly arch off the bed.

2. i felt sleepy and my breathing was a bit shallow, i kept on drifting and then suddenly snapping awake. i was afraid that if i let myself go, i would fall unconscious and stop breathing or something, so i managed to hold on until that passed. this was probably the most worrying thing.

3. i was also incredibly hot, but it seemed to help a lot when i took my t-shirt off. i normally get hotter than normal on shrooms, but if this is what was causing #2, is it possible i was in genuine danger of dying??

after i started to come down, the rest of the trip was amazing, the best i've ever had without a doubt! i went to the chillout area of the youth hostel i was staying at and was just messing around with some ppl i met there. at the peak i swore i'd never shroom again, but it was almost worth it for the comedown! on balance, i'll probably go for a smaller dose next time.

one more thing, about the nausea, does anyone else get it really bad? i've heard of using dramamine to combat this, is it reasonably safe in combination with shrooms? and effective?

thanks guys!

kernelpanic99

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: was i actually in danger? [Re: kernelpanic99]
    #1662158 - 06/25/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think you were in any danger. I doubt your temperture was anywhere near danger level. As for the not breathing I dunno for sure but I know sometimes when I'm peaking I hold my breath hehe. But I do that for alot of things, cant do it forever...

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: was i actually in danger? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1662163 - 06/25/03 05:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You probably weren't in any real danger but I of course dunno for sure...one of those things I guess you have to be there for.

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: was i actually in danger? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1662176 - 06/25/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

maybe the Copelandias (hawaians) didn't appreciate the company of thebig one Cubensis (Thailand) and they fought a little...who knows...
As for me, the nausea (wich don't occur everytime) appears only at the beginning and disapear quickly.

Offlinekernelpanic99
Stranger
Re: was i actually in danger? [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1663724 - 06/26/03 04:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i'll probably stick to one variety at a time in the future :smile: it's all experience anyway, i'll make sure i have a fan handy next time and i should be fine.

thanks for the help!

kernelpanic99

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #1664469 - 06/26/03 12:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Them mushrooms can spin your head to places you couldn't even conceive of before you took them

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Nope, no danger whatsoever [Re: DailyPot]
    #1665113 - 06/26/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

There is no record of psilocybin mushrooms either killing anyone or causing serious physical damage to anyone in human history.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Nope, no danger whatsoever [Re: Xlea321]
    #1665304 - 06/26/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: Nope, no danger whatsoever [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1665469 - 06/26/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds hectic
How long where you in dam

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #1665616 - 06/26/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

one more thing, about the nausea, does anyone else get it really bad? i've heard of using dramamine to combat this, is it reasonably safe in combination with shrooms? and effective?

I don't know about the bad beginning of your trip, but I can give you suggestions re nausea. Try papaya enzyme pills from a health food store. There's nothing better and believe me, I've tried everything!

Dramamine works too, but papaya is better.

Good luck!

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: was i actually in danger? [Re: Diploid]
    #1666071 - 06/26/03 11:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Diploid, a quick question, does papaya enzyme work as well as ginger capsules? Which works better IYO?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1666096 - 06/26/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wrong.

Is that all the backup you have? This one article?

You do know that 50 psilocybe mushrooms does not constitute a fatal overdose don't you?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: was i actually in danger? [Re: MOTH]
    #1666355 - 06/27/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Hi Diploid, a quick question, does papaya enzyme work as well as ginger capsules? Which works better IYO?

Yeah, I think papaya is better. The ones I get are chewable and have a minty flavor which helps even more.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #1666513 - 06/27/03 02:34 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like he ate some poisonous ones too. The BAD poison.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Nope, no danger whatsoever [Re: Brugman]
    #1666524 - 06/27/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm inclined to think so too. Even though they couldn't detect any specic toxins.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nope, no danger whatsoever [Re: zeta]
    #1666529 - 06/27/03 02:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Possibly, but what about the little kid who ate the Psilocybe baeocystis.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1667056 - 06/27/03 10:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

What evidence do you have the kid even ate psilocybe mushrooms? Have you just based your opinions on one reference in a dodgy article? An article full of bullshit like:

"The higher toxicity of this mushroom is due to the presence of baeocystin and norbaeocystin which has a bad reputation in the United States where its use is inadvisable".

You ever heard of many people using Baeocystin? Never mind it having "a bad reputation" in the US?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nope, no danger whatsoever [Re: Xlea321]
    #1667762 - 06/27/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
There is no record of psilocybin mushrooms either killing anyone or causing serious physical damage to anyone in human history.

You said there was no record. Accurate or not, there is a record.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1668192 - 06/27/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You are always in danger wherever and whenever you are; drugs or no drugs..

I think you should work on your breathing and relaxation :wink: that's my opinion :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1668457 - 06/28/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You said there was no record. Accurate or not, there is a record.

wtf??

So it doesn't matter to you if the article you quoted is actually true or not? So someone could write "The sky is green" on the internet and you'd say "There is a record of the sky being green"? How bizarre.

If you can find me reliable evidence of the toxicity of psilocybin mushrooms causing death and serious physical damage in human beings please do so.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate