Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
MASS piles..
    #1666579 -

Hey everyone, I know theres been talk about the mushrooms growing on Horse manure/Hay piles in Massachusetts and I heard the descriptions of what they looked like and stuff. But I went hunting tonight to one of these and what I found were ALOT of mushrooms that had long hollow white stems, with these weird caps that were kinda flat and split like a banana peel and they were a dark shade of grey..I hope this gives some base for a description..any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MASS piles.. [Re: Drums]
    #1666597 -

Were any of the caps disintegrating into a black goo at all?

Like these ?


--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MASS piles.. [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1666731 -

sounds like u have inky caps. I found those same shrooms where i found the pans subbs in mass. keep looking. o yeah by the way its been way to hot out for any pan subbs to appear. it was really cold out and rainy when i found them.

pash


--------------------
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted Just an earth-bound misfit, I
~Pink Floyd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MASS piles.. [Re: Drums]
    #1667314 -

I'd agree that they sound like coprinus, not active.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MASS piles.. [Re: Drums]
    #1667377 -

Well I have neer seen inky capos with kinda flat caps. These are bell and cone shaped caps. Here are pictures of two species of mas coprinus pattches.





mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MASS piles.. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1667688 -

Yeah they do turn into black goo, I checked on the ones I picked today and all the caps are black snot, the stems were all split up and uhh they didnt look like shrooms. They smell like giz. And they were pretty much all gone. I t might have been the way I dried them, I just put them in a paper bag, not too smart..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MASS piles.. [Re: Gumby]
    #1667704 -

What is the right climate 'round here for Pan Subbs? And are they also referred to as Liberty Caps because I think they were growing on the pile not too long ago..should i wait till the temp drops to like 70? thanks..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MASS piles.. [Re: Drums]
    #1667824 -

Actually, many of the Coprinus species are pertty much impossible to preserve. If you had frozen them solid they would still have turned to inklike goo in your freezer.

"Pan Subbs" are not the same thing as "Liberty Caps".

Pan Subbs refers to Panaeolus subbalteatus.
Liberty Caps refers to Psilocybe semilanceata.

Try looking them up in the FAQ. There's a lot if info on them there.


Incidentally, MJ, there are several species of Coprinus whose caps will open up to the point that they are flat, for example Coprinus ephemeroides. They tend to be the smaller, more fragile species that are often fairly translucent. A lot of them are pretty rare, too.


Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mass hunt North georgia Park NEED ID PLZ PICS ~! PSiFr33k 3,108 10 06/13/05 11:25 AM
by Lysergic_Milkman
* need another southwest mass ID sillycybanfan 583 3 06/06/06 10:33 PM
by HongKongPhooey
* Massachusetts hunting specops224 3,932 4 07/15/08 11:25 PM
by holeclams
* Pan. Subbalteatus in Massachusetts MorphMan 1,872 1 06/27/06 04:23 PM
by angryshroom
* Re: Shrooms in Massachusetts? GGreatOne234 6,650 2 06/10/00 09:26 AM
by GGreatOne234
* Mushrooms in Massachusetts Kenny7822 2,702 1 08/22/04 11:58 PM
by Gumby
* Anyone in Massachusetts? PotHeadInMass 775 1 10/24/05 05:13 PM
by iamgod
* Mass pan subbs, and Gymnopilus spec. in Ohio. Pics. vandago 1,462 10 10/26/05 11:14 PM
by phishhead

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,454 topic views. 0 members, 14 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.