Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: NordVPN NordVPN   PureVPN PureVPN   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
HBWR question...
    #1666089 - 06/27/03 01:42 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I just receieved 25 HBWR seeds from salviaisland.com, they say "Argyreia Nervosa Bojer". This is the kind that contain LSA, right?

My main question is how should I go about ingesting them? Anyone have any tips? I was thinking about crushing them up and putting them into orange juice. Any answers would be appreciated, I'm planning on taking them this weekend. :smile:   

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: HBWR question... [Re: Adamist]
    #1667229 - 06/27/03 01:49 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

If I am not mistaken, Bojer is the person who first identified the plant with a botanical name - the botanical author.

Now, sometimes unethical vendors will send you other varities of woodrose (the cheap ones). Entheomation posted a few pictures of the Indians vs. the real HBWR here. I also put up a post comparing the different types, here.

Check 'em out and see if they appear to be the right kind.

But for the Bojer thing, you should have no problems :smile: Good luck!

I love HBWR - they really help me connect with the plant world. I suggest taking them during the day while you're out enjoying nature. You'll see what I mean.

Peace. 

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: HBWR question... [Re: iglou]
    #1667247 - 06/27/03 01:54 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I would say that you should scrape off the fuzzy outer layer, i have never tried them but people say this will prevent a lot of nausea.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
    #1667264 - 06/27/03 02:01 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

As for taking them, I recommend taking 4 or 5 seeds (4 is kind to me). Anything more can be a little intense.

Some believe that scrapping helps reduce sickness, but that is being debated. I, personally, believe it is a myth.

Be sure to crush them into a fine powder. I suggest putting the powder into gelcaps (vegan gelcaps, of course :smile: ) and taking them on an empty stomach (drink water - hydration is always a good choice).

In my experience, HBWR takes awhile to load. I average about 2 - 3 hours before I feel the effects. Then there is about two hours of a sluggish stoney feeling after which you might experience some discomfort and nausea. If you get sick, dont worry as it only lasts an hour or so - just wait it out, smoke some cannabis, be patient, vomit, burp, lay down, hold someone, massage, whatever makes you feel better. After the hour, you'll start gradually feel more and more euphoric and in touch with plants. This feeling will rise and then slowly fade away over the next several hours. 'Tis quite beautiful.

HBWR teaches me patience and love of plants (especially tropical viney flowers :smile: ).

Good luck on your journey.   

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1667360 - 06/27/03 04:23 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

When I did them, I consumed 10 seeds.  I tried to scrape off the fuzzy coating as best I could, but it didn't really help to prevent the nausea.  I didn't have anything to grind the seeds into a powder with, so I simply chewed them as best I could, one by one.

They are really tough, and you have to use the molars in the very back of your mouth to crush them, but it's possible to grind them up pretty well using just your teeth.  They taste pretty bad, but they are tolerable in my opinion.

As for my experience, I did have some intense nausea for about an hour.  During this time I lay in my bed and listened to some soothing music.  After it passed, I took a shower to refresh myself and started feeling some slight effects from the seeds.

At first it was a bit like being drunk.  I was able to converse with people.  After about three hours is when I really started to trip.  I really didn't expect it either... I almost felt like I was already starting to come down from whatever effect the seeds did have on me, and I was a little disappointed.

But then I went into the bathroom, and as soon as I looked in the mirror, I started to have some crazy visuals.  I spent the whole rest of my trip in the bathroom, exploring different universes! :smile:

I hope this helps prepare you for what you might experience.  And be sure to plant whatever seeds you do not eat, man!  Growing ethnobotanicals is fun and rewarding! :smile:

Peace,

RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: HBWR question... [Re: iglou]
    #1668582 - 06/28/03 04:12 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Iglou, you say 4-5 seeds is a good dose, but RebelSteve took 10.

Hmm. I'm about 120 pounds and very sensitive to chemicals. I'm thinking a 6 seed dose?

--------------------

OfflineGhengis Khan
Kali Baba

Loc: taiwan
    #1669090 - 06/28/03 11:18 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

i'm 170 pounds, 6 foot tall, and 6 seeds is fine..... but I recommend 8 the first time so you can have a proper introduction :crazy2:

However......... ****GET READY TO PUKE AS YOU HAVE NEVER PUKED BEFORE****- but once that shit comes out everythings fine. The puke is heavily acidic, so have some easily administered antacid standing by- a teaspoon or two of baking soda in a glass of water should do the trick, and eat some good food to restore your stomach lining afterwards- nothing spicy though.
Also, you'll feel some heavy muscle cramping- slow stretching will help.

All that's left to say is enjoy the trip! I've been taking them on average every two weeks now for the past four months- had some good times

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: HBWR question... [Re: Ghengis Khan]
    #1669544 - 06/28/03 03:19 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Awesome!  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
    #1669578 - 06/28/03 03:43 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

scraping off the coating may work but over at Bulelight there is a guy Morninggloryseed did a lot of looking and found no real proof of the fuzzy coating and nauslia. There is a long thread on it/

As for dosage im 5,6- 190 pounds, And 2 seeds and poppy tea left me talking to my slef for a hours toatl trip lasting 6 hours.

3 seeds lasted 7-8 hours and taken at 7.30 pm and i got to sleep at 4.30 am.

But nasula happen in both times the most intese experances i ever had.
But some time leaves you feeling like you got a get up and move legs moving around and feeling you have to strech but it does no help. That what poppy tea was for and it worked. Some reports i read there was a lot of sleepness. Not with me not tired but not very stimulated.

Try jacking off wile your on the a few seeds you cant cum.

--------------------
DO what I Would

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#1671700 - 06/29/03 05:10 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Be sure to let us know how your experience goes, Adamist...

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: HBWR question... [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1672089 - 06/29/03 09:13 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

I ingested 10 seeds about 1 1/2 ago. I experienced slight stomach discomfort, and warm liquidy sensations in my chest area. I'm hoping these aren't the Indian strain, because I did buy them pretty cheap (10 bucks for about 30 in all).

They look almost exactly like the ones in this picture: 

:confused: 

--------------------

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#1672168 - 06/29/03 09:52 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Be patient...

It really takes a while for these things to kick in.  Just keep your mind busy with something and try to remain in a good mindset.  I'd suggest taking a shower maybe if you haven't already. 

Hope they work for ya!  Good luck man! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Peace,

RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: NordVPN NordVPN   PureVPN PureVPN   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden