Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Loc: NorCaL
HBWR Cold water extraction method.
    #1737284 - 07/22/03 04:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My friend tried this technique to ingest HBWR. He wrote this for me.
It worked great! I had very little nausea, and no other body-load.
The trip went very smooth, I enjoyed every minute of it as opposed to an hour or two of heavy nausea/vomitting.
Not sure where I learned of the method, But I will give a short/simple outline of it anyway.
Thanks to whoever came up with this.

1. Scrape seed coating off. (discard)
2. Wash seeds lightly. Not too much or may lose some LSA. (Let dry)
3. Grind seeds. Do not expose to bright light from this point on.
4. Place ground seed into empty teabag. Tie bag closed with string.
5. Prepare a few ounces of ICE cold distilled water. (Add lemon juice)
6. Agitate bag in water for 6-30 minutes to help extraction.
8. (DISCARD TEABAG) Strain liquid through coffee filter.
9. Drink the LSA extract.

(NOTES)
You may need to use additional seeds to compensate for loss of LSA in extraction. About 1/4 more seeds is ROUGHLY needed. The longer you agitate the teabag, the stronger and more efficient the extract will be. BUT you may experience more nausea/body-load. Drink the tea SLOWLY to minimize any side effects.

Please provide any additional feedback to this post, and I would very much like to hear from other HBWR converts out there. This is an amazing plant/seed that must be respected for its power and beauty.

Happy tripping my friends.

--------------------

How does a nice dose of democracy up your ass sound?
Oh, and please enjoy your new freedom if you happen to survive

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: HBWR Cold water extraction method. [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #1738106 - 07/22/03 02:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I always burn the whole seeds for 2-3 seconds under a flame and eliminates all the nausea/body-load. The journey is strong with some very magical properties (you go traveling the Vertical Universes on high doses).

Here's my method (work's best I never get nausea/body-load ever now) :

The method I use is run the whole seed under a flame for a few seconds (2-3 seconds). Then scarp off the outer coating all the way down to the seed. Polish the seeds with a damp cloth and let the seeds dry for 30 min. Grind them up to fine powder. Put them in 00 capsules and using this method really helps extremely reduce the 'strychnine effect'. Each cap contains the dose of 3.5 seeds. If your going for a high dose take each cap every 15 min. Make sure your seeds are from one of the Hawaii islands. One cap can be taken and still have a speedy mind bending windy visuals trip.

Note: So I think the bad side effects of HBWR is caused the outer layer. I think it also blocks the LSA working some how. The outer layer was evolved so the seeds where not consumed so they could grow. Thus helping its species chances of surviving.

Hope that helps you.

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Re: HBWR Cold water extraction method. [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1739765 - 07/22/03 11:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the imput.
Burning the seed coating off does work well for the residual fuzz. But when taken in high doses alot of people (not all) still get sick. I would suggest for anyone who still feels nausea after using the capsule method try burning the seed coat off in additon to the cold water extraction method. Then you will be doing everything in your power to prevent nausea.
NOTE LSA is destroyed VERY quickly with high heat, so make sure to ONLY do 2-3 seconds like stated.

Please continue to give us your opinions and experiences with this magical seed.

--------------------

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: HBWR Cold water extraction method. [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #1740111 - 07/23/03 01:37 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quarkyquasar do you tend to get a intense white static haze in your corner of your eyes when you trip on HBWR? They seem to make color more vivid then any other psychedelic. Also what kind of dosage of seeds do you prefer? One more thing do you think clearer when you trip on HBWR?

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Re: HBWR Cold water extraction method. [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1744891 - 07/24/03 04:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I do get lots of visuals in the corners of my eyes, kinda like you said. With flashes of light, pulsing, a haze and some small psychedelic movement. Nothing compared to LSD though. The color enchancement is great outside during the day, I think HBWR is meant to be taken in nature...just feels right...

I think VERY clearly while tripping. One of my favorite things to do while tripping is find a good chat room on line and talk to someone about religion, philosophy, politics ect. Or prepare beforehand with meditation and take an inner journey.

Just incase anyone is curious, the strychnine chemical is not water soluable, but the nausea chemical is. When extracting the seeds, you do not extract all of the nausea causing agent but you DO get MOST of the LSA and NONE of the strychnine.

Also, the reason I use HBWR rather than Morning Glories is the ability to scrape the seed coating off. Seems that alot of the nausea inducers are there as well as ALL of the strychnine chemical. Bu potency does vary ALOT, never know what strength trip you are going to have with them as opposed to MGS.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden