Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Peat

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Argyreia nervosa (HBWR) Cultivation
    #1772131 - 08/02/03 06:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I am planning on cultivating some Argyreia nervosa (Hawaiian Baby Woodrose) soon and I have a few questions that are seemingly unanswered by the forums:

1.) I've read that there are ways to boost the alkaloid content in both HBWR and MG.  I, however, have yet to come across anything that says how to do it.

2.) Entheomation suggests in the "Rows of Woodrose" post to use peat pellets to germinate in, which I will do.  However, I have been unable to locate any information on the medium that the seedlings are transplanted into afterwards.  I'm assuming that some mediums support faster growth, etc.

3.) I have found no information about the optimum light spectrum for A. nervosa growth.  Does anyone know which shades produce optimum vegetative growth?  Or optimum fruiting for that matter?  Also, I read a post concerning the light cycle for artificial lighting, which went pretty much unanswered.  The conclusion was 12 hours on/12 hours off, but could someone verify/debunk this?

4.) What concentrations of fertilizer (N-P-K) do A. nervosa prefer (I'm assuming it varies for different stages of growth)?  Are any less common nutrients beneficial?

I don't know if these questions are menial or not.  I just like to cover all bases before making my first attempt.  Why waste good seeds?  :laugh:

If anyone has any links to indepth information of any kind on Argyreia nervosa, but preferably concerning cultivation, by all means, post it here.  If for nothing else, to put an end (temporarily) to my ramblings and in the meantime it'll give me something new to digest (no pun intended).

I want to eventually post a tek about the cultivation of this plant, since information seems to be relatively scarce.  Thanks for the help guys! 

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegovna
Janitor
Male User Gallery
Re: Argyreia nervosa (HBWR) Cultivation [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #1772162 - 08/02/03 06:55 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

In my experience, MG is a very easy plant to cultivate, taking a lot of abuse. I imagine HBWR is the same. They can do well in little or lots of light, in almost any soil, and with little fertilizer.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Peat

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden