Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16577877 -

Prisoner#1 said:
casket said:
first time i ever got hit by a car it was when i was 15




I used to jog and cycle everywhere in my teens, averaged about 20 miles per
day on the bike. I've been hit several times and about half the time people
stop, I'm sure one or two were trying to hit me. I cant count the number of
bottles I've had nail me.

state law here is that you stop and render aid even if you weren't part of
the accident and I always have simply because it's what I believe to be right
and anyone with so little regard  for life as to not stop to check on someone
they;ve hit deserves the same prison time a murderer would get



ive had a lot of shit thrown at me on a bike too, or just walking down the street. Ive always tried to ride very defensively here as there are so many cars, and in southern california I wouldnt expect somebody to stop if they hit me. Everyone here is probably so worried about getting sued they would just take off.

OP I really commend you for sticking up for your beliefs and choosing not to associate with someone who has complete apathy for the welfare of others. I will remember this next time I am with a friend or anyone really, who starts glorifying shitty things they've done or would do to others.


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: casket]
    #16577879 -

I'd beat some sense into him

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: casket]
    #16577885 -

I accept responsibility for this nastiness even if it is an overused and illogical line

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: unam sanctum]
    #16577893 -

your growing up so fast!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: casket]
    #16577906 -

At least we can all agree that YOLO is dumbererest of all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: ButteredToast]
    #16577909 -

yoloers should be burned at the stake. its all about that yayo :awetongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: casket]
    #16578145 -

what a dick!  hope cuz is on her way out the door........


--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: gonzo422]
    #16578364 -

I'm pretty hard line on following the rules. Mostly because I can't stand it when people don't follow them, something unpleasant happens and they complain about it. It's like "well if you weren't doing A like you weren't supposed to be doing then B wouldn't have happened.

And I find this happens a lot with bikers in my area.

For instance where I live and in most areas I assume, you are not supposed to ride your bike on the side walk. Well, one day I was leaving a job I worked at to go to another job. The exit was between two buildings and right in front of the buildings was the side walk then the road. Double blind spot. Not much room for error. I always crept my truck out very slowly as there were always kids walking by. Doing my normal thing. Get to where I can just about see clearly and WHAM! And older gentleman slams into the side of my truck and is on my hood.

I got out IMMEDIATLY to make sure he was fine and started to apologize because I felt bad. Bike was a little messed up, knee was bloody but mostly he was just shook up. He started to get really pissy after a minute and waves down a cop. I'm trying to be nice (felt bad he was hurt) but I finally said, "look, you were flying down a sidewalk that you weren't supposed to be on. And in this area there were several businesses and a bank with a lot of car traffic. How is this my fault?"

The cop agreed and sent me on my way and gave the gentleman a ride home. I had offered, but when he started talking about me getting citations and sued I was sure he wouldn't accept.

That all being said. Anyone who would hit someone and take off is fucking garbage. Wrong or right you should help when someone's hurt. Regardless of fault.

I think you handled it nicely considering the circumstances. I would have probably gotten more vocal and rude. But those are my character flaws.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: biff]
    #16578374 -

Hope your cousin is okay. That's bad news bro I wished you had something better to tell us...I hate bad news...it depresses me.

:feelssadman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my cousin got hit by a car [Re: skyekitty]
    #16581296 -

Im glad you decided that we should tell Im that was wrong. I thought I was going to have to tell him off myself. Im glad you preempted me and stood up for your cousin. :yesnod:

I could not believe e said that.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Car Accident & the shitty human race
( 1 2 3 all )
Jenny 6,892 42 06/05/05 08:07 PM
by myndreach
* My cousin the Cop Dreamer987 2,959 15 12/15/03 02:20 PM
by haz
* I hit a deer
( 1 2 all )
iloveraving 4,473 22 07/09/12 10:05 AM
by Maverick
* What's the dumbest thing you have ever done while drunk? RandalFlagg 2,679 19 03/27/05 11:50 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Car Accident!!!
( 1 2 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 4,195 24 08/28/04 10:33 PM
by Worf
* Holy shit! A car just got F#%cked up at outside my house...
( 1 2 all )
Osker246 4,293 29 03/21/05 03:36 AM
by day_tripper
* Cheap car insurance? Baby_Hitler 1,536 8 01/09/04 10:25 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Got hit by a car today. SkorpivoMusterion 1,023 9 05/28/05 12:07 AM
by Adden

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,113 topic views. 5 members, 58 guests and 110 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.