Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
I hit a deer
    #2707241 - 05/20/04 06:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

6 days ago I got a new car. Well, ok, its not new, its like 10 years old, but its new to me. Its the exact car I've been wanting for a while, and I've been holding out for months until I found the perfect one that I could afford. So anyways, last night I'm coming home from hanging out with some friends, a little stoned. I just got my system all fixed up, and was singing along to 'lovelight', and thinking about my ex girlfriend. Well, you know when you get a new car, ya like to 'see what its made of'. I was doing just that, the car handles really well, and I was whipping around a turn at like 60ish, speeding like a mofo, and around this turn, over this little hill, rite down the road from my turn. There's this small coniferous forest to my right. I come over that little hill really fast, and this deer comes from behind one of those huge pine trees, jumps over the guard rail, rite in front of me. I slam on my breaks, I've been meaning to put new pads on, I'm grinding on my rotors rite now.. So I slam on my breaks, and grind rite into the deer, dead center. He bounced off and kept running, at which point I was just like fuck! Pulled over next place I could. Both headlights all busted out, glass all over road behind me, hood is crunched in a little, and the grill was barely hanging on. I had to rip it off when I got home cause it was to loose, and I have to go on the highway to get to work in the morning. It sucked big time! Havent even had the car a week. I shouldnt of procrastinated doing my breaks.

So today after work I went straight to the junkyard. I was there for a while, had a lot of fun, but their was a stench of death and misery around. Some really bad accidents... the word 'blood' was spraypainted on a lot of cars, which I passed on looking in. Well I found a hood for my car, except its a different color  :tongue: Got some lights. $150, it would of been about $100 more if I ordered them new. The grill I'm gonna have to order new, but its all plastic and only like $20 plus shipping  :wink:So ok, the car is mechanically fine, my dad says if it was a american car, my fan and radiator could of been pushed in, but this metal bar in front of my radiator saved my ass. Gotta love that german engineering  :thumbup: I dont know how the hell that deer hopped away, I hit him pretty damn hard.

So, my last car, about 3 months ago, I hit a baby deer, and it caught the corner light. That cost me $40 to fix, but the deer wasnt so lucky on that one... It looked like I broke its neck and it couldnt get up. I had to leave him there rite in the road suffering.  :sad:If only I were a redneck I could of shot it so it wouldnt suffer. Oh well.

So what the fuck is wrong with me? Am I that bad of a driver to be hitting 2 deer in the last 3 months? Ever since I moved back out into the boonies....

I'm down on myself rite now, and really upset about the utter beauty of my car being destroyed. Tell me your deer hitting story so I feel better.

Oh, and I'm getting those deer repellant things to put on my bumper. That and driving slower on the road.... Both times I hit deer were on the same road. My mom also totaled her old subaru cause of hitting a deer on that road a couple years ago. Fucking stupid deer, need to learn to look before they jump out in front of cars. Damnit.. :sad:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: I hit a deer [Re: iloveraving]
    #2707394 - 05/20/04 07:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Don't feel bad

i've got a 45 minute drive each way to work,  and i managed to hit one deer every year for the past 7 years!  I now carry full coverage on my car!  The last one was a 10 point and totaled my car out  :frown: but that was kool, cauz i wanted a new one!

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Re: I hit a deer [Re: kindkesey]
    #2707466 - 05/20/04 07:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kindkesey said: The last one was a 10 point and totaled my car out  :frown: but that was kool, cauz i wanted a new one!

hahaha, so you made out in the end. Word up. I almost wish I used the money I bought this car with as a down payment on something financed. Then I would be forced to have full coverage, and wouldnt have to fix all this shit myself.

Oh, actually, I'd have to pay the deductable, so I'd be screwed out of a couple hundred dollars either way.

I've been down, but I guess those bingers put me in a better mood. I was just on the phone with my friend telling him the story. He said, "so what'd you do after you hit him?" and I told him I yelled out my window "hey, get back here, we need to exchange insurance info!"

LOL, I didnt really say that, but me and my friend just got a laugh out of that. Oh well, I'm sure life will throw many more obstacles rite in the middle of the road, I'm just gonna have to start looking more closely for them. Oh, and go fix my damn brakes already!  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2707476 - 05/20/04 07:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sorry. :sad: I hit one once too, and same thing happened- it ran away. I think it's because their adreneline is pumping so hard. That really blows. I went through about two years of hitting a lot of animals with my car. It was really weird...it was like they had a suicide mission or something. Birds flew into my windshield about 4 times, and I hit a cat and a deer. Both mammals ran right into my car. I was thinking that perhaps each person is suppossed to kill a certain number of animals in their lifetime and since I was a vegetarian, that could be it- karma??? :confused: Who knows. But I know how you feel, bro. Good luck. And that sucks about the hood of your car! Take care!

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2707566 - 05/20/04 07:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm from the country and I always slowed down where I knew they are around. I've had to stop a few times because of them though. The old 'deer in the headlight' saying is pretty true. They just freeze sometimes.

My uncle totalled a 69 caddy by hitting one once. That was one heavy car!

:rudolph:

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Re: I hit a deer [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2707703 - 05/20/04 08:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well I'm seriously considering hunting. First they eat like 20 things they werent supposed to outside, now they're fucking with my car and its personal  :grin:

Nahh, I couldnt kill anything, I dont even like guns. But deer are definately my least favorite animals. I dont even like venicin, if I did then maybe I'd really hunt.

2 or 3 summers ago, the magic bus was heading up here to upstate ny, to a festival known as 'woodstock' around these parts.. They hit a deer on the way up, with their oldass schoolbus. It died quick I guess.. Next thing ya know the magic bus is pulling into the field with a dead deer strapped to the roof :confused:They cut that thing up rite at the free kitchen near the entrance to the main path. I wouldnt of ate any, no offense to those guys.. But I heard from others it was good eatings  :thumbup: :rasta:It was a trip, definately learned the meaning of life and death, and their meaning to time. Walking by a deer getting cut up and eventually eaten by many hungry people as I walked to my campsite and other places down that way definately put that into perspective. It was part of my trip. Before I was tripping I see the dead deer on the roof, and as the day, and then night go by... I see the insides of this deer, his face rite there so blank eyed, and eventually people enjoying it. Uhhh I guess I cant explain what I mean in words, but it was a very *something* trip.  :tongue:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2707750 - 05/20/04 08:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:cool:

coolio

coolers

coolness

kewl

coolatto

coolidity

way cool

max cool

coolest
but...

I wonder if the deer had a deer wife who is still waiting for him to come home with the salad dressing? & little deer kids who will grow up hating all people who ride buses cuz they kill deer?

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2707758 - 05/20/04 08:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

LOL Iloveraving- I bet it WAS a very *something* trip. That's really cool that they ate it though. I love that!

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Re: I hit a deer [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2707767 - 05/20/04 08:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wandrnshaman said:I wonder if the deer had a deer wife who is still waiting for him to come home with the salad dressing? & little deer kids who will grow up hating all people who ride buses cuz they kill deer?

Hey, who they hate is none of my business, as long as they dont jump in front of a bus.  :ooo:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2707793 - 05/20/04 08:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hehe, playing in traffic is exciting.

You do know I'm kidding. I've eaten deer, not roadkill deer but good deer steaks, deer burgers, deer stew.

I think if deer could hate, we'd all be gone by now anyway. Just a guess.
:wink:

OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

#2712561 - 05/21/04 08:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There's some dude from somewhere around topanga that eats all kinds of radkill. He just picks up the radkill he finds in his journeys. Depending on the level of decay (gross), he makes various dishes. I think he makes alot of jerkey.

Seems like the right thing to do to me. Damn good thing I don't eat meat.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2712583 - 05/21/04 08:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, don't feel bad over the deer. It's sad to kill such a beautiful animal, but it's certainly NOT your fault! Sounds like you got off easy - they can really mess up a car if you hit 'em right.

Anonymous

#2712593 - 05/21/04 08:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like you need a roobar
have you ever run over a pidgeon?
they make an awesome cloud of feathers :grin:

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Re: I hit a deer [Re: ]
    #2713111 - 05/22/04 12:14 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lamblancer said:
sounds like you need a roobar
have you ever run over a pidgeon?
they make an awesome cloud of feathers :grin:

whats a roobar? it isnt one of those huge badass bumper things is it? Cause I drive a car not SUV  :cool:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineMysterysauce
KnowledgeSeeker
Male

Loc: Northern Nevada
    #16502559 - 07/09/12 07:01 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I heard of these incidents, but never had one myself.  I grew up in the deserts of Las Vegas and there is no wildlife, besides the occasional wild Sagebrush (our state flower, so sad :frown: )Sorry to hear about your vehicle man.  I'd be pissed and maybe a little depressed afterwards if it was me.  It's a good idea you went crusing the Pick and Pull before buying new.  Once I lost a antifreeze cap for my 2001 Ford Escape and to buy a new one from the dealership, it set me back 25 bucks!  For a fucking cap!  I searched my local Pick and Pull first but i didn't have your luck.

InvisibleNiffla
Subpar
Male User Gallery

Re: I hit a deer [Re: Mysterysauce]
    #16502572 - 07/09/12 07:06 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I'm pretty sure he's through with the grieving process by now bruh -- OP hit that deer 8 years ago.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: I hit a deer [Re: Niffla]
    #16502631 - 07/09/12 07:55 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

So the deer lives, you probably damage your car, and have to pay to fix it?

Wtf is the sad face for, if there is damage, you might as well have killed the bastard and quartered his ass.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleNiffla
Subpar
Male User Gallery

Re: I hit a deer [Re: Enjoywho]
    #16502638 - 07/09/12 07:59 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Wouldn't it be the absolute shit if OP emerged from his 5 year, 9 month hiatus from the shroomery to come back (today)and still see people discussing this thread

--------------------

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Re: I hit a deer [Re: Niffla]
    #16502940 - 07/09/12 10:11 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Man the Shroomery was such a more personable place 8 years ago. Just reading through those responses makes me miss the old days. If he were to post that now the replies would be along the lines of "NIGGA U GOT TROLLED BY A DEER! LOL!"

InvisibleLobsterSauce
 User Gallery

Re: I hit a deer [Re: Gumby]
    #16502959 - 07/09/12 10:17 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Stories are constantly becoming more outlandish though and it's hard to take a lot seriously but I guess that's true.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub