Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Kegs
    #16515814 -

I don't get them often at all but I'm throwing a kegger/bbq next weekend and I'm trying to decide on a half keg or a quarter.  I'm expecting around 10 or so people and we can really throw em back...  Plus I'd probably be nursing the remainder the rest of my weekend off.  I just don't wanna be stuck with a fuckton of leftover beer and waste it.  Does a half keg sound appropriate for my expected guest list?


Opinions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: Newbie]
    #16515855 -

double post


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Edited by All We Perceive (07/11/12 06:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Newbie]
    #16515860 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: Newbie]
    #16515863 -

~160 beers in a keg.  Dunno what "really throw em back" means but I would go for a half.  That's 80 beers... 8 per person.  4 beers per person would be pretty cheap.  Nothing is worse than running out of beer at a gathering.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #16515882 -

If I pace myself I can easily knock back 24 12oz beers in a night.  Not exactly proud of it...  :blush:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Newbie]
    #16515887 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: All We Perceive] * 1
    #16515895 -

I'd say a half keg of some strong beer.
If you are going to be drinking shit like bud light or some other low alcohol % beer, you might need a full keg... If you are going hard in the paint, yo.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #16515900 -

Yuengling, and I'm not sure of the prices.  I think it varies from $50-$100 deposit, which is what I'm most concerned about.  I expect to pay about $50 for the beer though.  I'm not charging per head but I'm asking that people bring shit for me to grill up if they can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: Newbie]
    #16515917 -

Full prob wont get killed by 10 people at jus a BBQ but might be more economical if there is a price reduction plus could last a couple of days and still be good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: tdubz]
    #16515923 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #16515925 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #16515932 -

Yeah I just remember getting a half keg before and it was waaay too much.  I think I only had a few people here though.  And I don't think we ate much.  I think between all the BBQ food and everyone not having work the next day, a half won't be a waste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #16515937 -

Oh I was confused by:

Keg Specifications for
U.S. 1/2 Barrel (Standard Keg)

    12 oz. Case Equivalent = 6.8 Cases
    12 oz./can or bottle Servings= 165
    16 oz./pint servings= 124



you can knock back 16 a piece, right?

If that is a 1/2 keg, get that one.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Newbie]
    #16515944 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #16516244 -

Yuengling? Are you going to put the keg in a paper bag:confused:

Just kidding. I think it is very nice of you to provide a keg for your guests.

Also, kegstand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: Gravija]
    #16516318 -

Go with the half barrel and for the love of beer don't get a shitty ass tap.

Yuenglings is pretty tasty beer and very drinkable. If the vibe gets going you'll definitely drink through most of that in one night with ten people..


--------------------
ந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ர

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: Newbie]
    #16516336 -

Newbie said:
I don't get them often at all but I'm throwing a kegger/bbq next weekend and I'm trying to decide on a half keg or a quarter.  I'm expecting around 10 or so people and we can really throw em back...  Plus I'd probably be nursing the remainder the rest of my weekend off.  I just don't wanna be stuck with a fuckton of leftover beer and waste it.  Does a half keg sound appropriate for my expected guest list?


Opinions?



half at least newbie. I threw a party once with a quarter and it was gone after an hour. we had about 15 people


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: Newbie]
    #16516347 -

Newbie said:
Yeah I just remember getting a half keg before and it was waaay too much.  I think I only had a few people here though.  And I don't think we ate much.  I think between all the BBQ food and everyone not having work the next day, a half won't be a waste.




get the pony keg, most people wont drink a shitload while at a party, many
may only have one or two while a few will have several, if you run out then
who ever is sober can make a beer run for a couple of 12 packs or to swap
kegs. of course this doesnt account for your area where drinking starts as
soon as kids are weaned from the tit

if you get the half keg then you're looking at being drunk for several days
if you only use half of it during the party or returning a half full keg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16516359 -

Prisoner#1 said:
if you get the half keg then you're looking at being drunk for several days
if you only use half of it during the party or returning a half full keg



return a half full keg? what kind of, wait what?


--------------------
ந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ர

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Kegs [Re: floatingwater]
    #16516378 -

I'm still trying to work through that one myself.


Pris wtf you talkin about?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Beer keg... warm? foliocb 1,232 17 05/03/11 04:59 PM
by pouihi
* how long will a keg last?
( 1 2 all )
PreparationH 2,118 22 09/15/10 02:24 PM
by Acaterpillar
* pony keg Vvellum 980 11 09/02/05 03:27 AM
by daimyo
* Kegs... FreshCaps 1,059 19 08/03/05 06:30 PM
by FreedomFight
* keg question imthenewpope 986 16 01/01/08 12:05 PM
by Kodos
* got a keg, now what AliceDee 945 12 09/30/05 04:12 AM
by hawksapprentice
* buying a keg. Heineken 793 9 08/07/06 12:00 AM
by AliceDee
* Best Beer To Get In a Keg?
( 1 2 all )
Lophosaurus 15,211 25 04/24/13 05:23 AM
by Odum

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,398 topic views. 5 members, 15 guests and 225 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.