Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
DampRid
    #1645840 -

Just got back from the store with a carton of damprid because I read on the posts I should get a CARTON of damprid-I did and now I'm confused. How's this supposed to work? The thing on the back shows using special cups which I saw were available on the same isle. How do I improvise? I can't really go back to the store discreetly. So what should I do to improvise?
-Mr.Sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: MrSleep]
    #1645872 -

Most basic thing to do:
1) chuck it into a tupperwear lunch box (a big one).
2) put a few sheets of paper ontop of it.
3) put the shrooms on the paper.

Bear in mind, depending on the type of dessicant (we don't have damprid here so I don't know what it is), it may turn to slush after a month or two (unless you start fan drying first which will prolong its life but it'll eventually turn to slush), so the paper sitting on top of it isn't ideal, but it will work for a while without any problems.
Hence it's a good idea to make a "shelf" to set the paper on (and then the shrooms on)


--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"They think we are retarded - they are retarded." - The Sultan of Spin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: Scvotto_Turellskey]
    #1646255 -

A friend dries his in true ghetto fashion:

First, go to a shoe store and steal all the dessicant packets out of the shoe boxes (or just buy DampRid)
Next, cut all these open, pour them into a tupperware container, and get some wire screen. Mold this screen into a sort of tabletop that will fit into your tupperware, so that when the shrooms sit on this they are suspended above the dessicant (1-2 cm above).
Then, leave a fan on these, and they will dry perfectly in a day or so, no blueing at all. Or, seal the tupperware, and the dessicant will absorb the misture...but this takes a lot longer.


--------------------
Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of shit.
--Lieutenant Dan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: AmericaNightmare]
    #1646274 -

you all are leaving out the most important step. you should air dry the shrooms before you put them in a box with dessicant.

Edited by Anonymous (06/19/03 09:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1646292 -

go with silica


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1646382 -

Yes air dry it for a day first. Computer fans work wonders; then put it in the damprid chamber for half a day to a full day; and you should have cracker dry mushies. Huge ones may take a little more time though.


--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: MrSleep]
    #1646434 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: ]
    #1647381 -

Pitdawg I saw your post before but didn't quite understand it at all, or to a minimum. Do you have any better pictures of your set up?
-Mr.Sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1647471 -

I did mention fan drying!

Quote:
it may turn to slush after a month or two (unless you start fan drying first which will prolong its life but it'll eventually turn to slush)




Using just dessicant will work... it's just not the most efficient method.


--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"They think we are retarded - they are retarded." - The Sultan of Spin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: Scvotto_Turellskey]
    #1654345 -

A good idea for a drying chamber:

Small tupperware container with rib about 3 inches from the top. Place the small Damp-Rid buckets in the bottom....only need one or two if a small enough container. Place a square wire mesh basket to hold the shrooms that site on the rim. If you want make compartments in basket to hold different species, batches, sizes, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: ourdeathwish]
    #1654355 -

Well since I only have a damprid refill-here's what I'm gonna do. Take a plastic cup, make razor slits on the sides and bottom and sit it inside a larger glass cup so it hangs in it with the slits inside the cup. Then fill the paper or plastic cup with damprid and empty the normal cup whenever it fills up with a sizeable amount of water. From what I understand this mimicks the actual damprid bucket. So I'm gonna do it.
-Mr.Sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: MrSleep]
    #1654967 -

damp id is just great... who else sells special drying chambers praticaly built for shrooms..... so fucking convient.. if only they had an economy size 1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: MrSleep]
    #1655083 -

just dry them by air.put them on the newspaper and on the shelf and they are bone dry in two to three days  :grin: 


--------------------
Jesus! Did I say that?Or just think it? Was i talking ? Did they hear me?

http://www.fsre.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DampRid [Re: twisted]
    #1655698 -

twisted said:
just dry them by air.put them on the newspaper and on the shelf and they are bone dry in two to three days  :grin: 



yeahhhhh in two or three days you have a pile of black goooo! 


--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Drying with DampRid. sporechase13 2,035 2 08/06/01 08:43 PM
by jonnyshaggs420
* Homemade Damprid Drying Chamber w/ PICTURES zebracakes 4,149 4 08/15/10 07:43 AM
by mrEdude
* Best way to use damprid Blutjager 3,188 8 10/05/18 09:39 AM
by Bumholio
* autoclaveable tupperwear? Bags and jars, but tubs? Biffzilla 556 11 04/11/10 04:48 AM
by Biffzilla
* your opinion on damprid?
( 1 2 all )
westthebest 3,126 39 12/24/13 12:26 AM
by crackacola
* damprid fieldcubensis17 802 7 07/11/03 03:01 PM
by YellowPurpleHills
* Drying with damprid danma 1,087 1 08/31/04 12:38 PM
by Tylor
* Drying with damprid edisnione 8,978 14 06/30/04 05:42 AM
by psilocyber

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,785 topic views. 16 members, 76 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.