Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16417977 -

The colorado market isn't great but you will find a job if you try.  No knowledge on oregon other than it not being good.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: JimLahey]
    #16417982 -

That sounds pretty badass.  I guess I'd have to research taxes more to get a better look into it.  But yeah, I love rainy, mountain/forest types of places.  Only downfall is humidity and mosquitoes, but great nature is worth the sacrifice.

I don't know about you but I'm not too fond of big cities, except for those few that have somehow maintained that clean, earthly feel that some fair-sized cities somehow manage to have.

I'm in Houston right now and while it has its perks, good scenery is quite definitely not one of them.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16417991 -

All We Perceive said:
The colorado market isn't great but you will find a job if you try.  No knowledge on oregon other than it not being good.



IT would be really convenient if Washington had a really nice tax rate, and I just lived near the Oregon-Washington border in an area with a great job market so I had all the perks in one lol.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16418018 -

Yeah, that's what people in the area on here suggest to do if you can.  Denver has some really great terrain pretty close to town and it's VERY clean and pretty in the city.  Plus, you can walk around at night downtown and not get mugged.  It's an adjustment getting used to big city life though.  I think I would fit better in Fort Collins or one of the smaller towns.  And it does not rain often.  Either way, Colorado fucking rocks.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16418027 -

Celestial Traveler said:
All We Perceive said:
The colorado market isn't great but you will find a job if you try.  No knowledge on oregon other than it not being good.



IT would be really convenient if Washington had a really nice tax rate, and I just lived near the Oregon-Washington border in an area with a great job market so I had all the perks in one lol.



Vancouver, Washington?

Its close to Portland (10-15 min), certain parts have an ok job market depending on what field you are in, and you can always commute to PDX.


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16418043 -

Well like I said earlier, I live in Houston and I actually went to buy some milk at a gas station in one of the most ghetto neighborhoods and I do that quite often :lol: . So point being I'm pretty well-accustomed to city life.

But the truth of the matter is I really don't like cities.  If a city's not too big and it's clean I can put up with it.

But a city of Denver's size is bound to be crowded, and plus I'm very health-conscious and when I'm in cities I can just kind of feel all the pollution and toxins that accumulate from living cramped up with so many people get to me.

I'd much rather live in a small town or out in the mountains somewhere.  That would be my dream life.

And having a place like the one in OP's picture within driving distance would be a great blessing.

As for Colorado I've read up on Estes Park and that seems to be the ideal place to live, aside from job prospects and what not.  Scenery and national parks everywhere, small town, MMJ dispensaries close by, big cities within driving distance in case I need to buy something, etc.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: JimLahey]
    #16418046 -

JimLahey said:
Celestial Traveler said:
All We Perceive said:
The colorado market isn't great but you will find a job if you try.  No knowledge on oregon other than it not being good.



IT would be really convenient if Washington had a really nice tax rate, and I just lived near the Oregon-Washington border in an area with a great job market so I had all the perks in one lol.



Vancouver, Washington?

Its close to Portland (10-15 min), certain parts have an ok job market depending on what field you are in, and you can always commute to PDX.



Perhaps, I might like to live in the suburbs around there or in a small town nearby.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16418285 -

Dude, I love it up here in Oregon. I live in Willamatte Valley and although it does rain a whole bunch and get dark a lot, its hard to beat the beautiful green landscapes of trees, grasses, and scrubby hills. Plus, i love to sleep, and where i live has lots of cloudy days and long nights in the fall and winter, perfect for sleeping comfortably.

If you plan a trip, ride up the nor cali coast, up the Oregon coast, then finally up the Washington coast to see all the goodness. The misty shorelines of the PNW are some of the most surreal sights Ive seen in my travels. You wont be disappointed. Its wonderful.

And if you come in fall, winter or early to mid spring, bring some warm clothes and some waterproof clothes! But im sure you knew that already :wink:

Come visit PNW Today!
And hunt our seasonal magic mushrooms today!
- LC


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek 👨‍🔬 | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #16418486 -

LogicaL Chaos said:
Dude, I love it up here in Oregon. I live in Willamatte Valley and although it does rain a whole bunch and get dark a lot, its hard to beat the beautiful green landscapes of trees, grasses, and scrubby hills. Plus, i love to sleep, and where i live has lots of cloudy days and long nights in the fall and winter, perfect for sleeping comfortably.

If you plan a trip, ride up the nor cali coast, up the Oregon coast, then finally up the Washington coast to see all the goodness. The misty shorelines of the PNW are some of the most surreal sights Ive seen in my travels. You wont be disappointed. Its wonderful.

And if you come in fall, winter or early to mid spring, bring some warm clothes and some waterproof clothes! But im sure you knew that already :wink:

Come visit PNW Today!
And hunt our seasonal magic mushrooms today!
- LC



:awepreciation:

Sounds amazing. You're right, surreal is the way to describe the coastline up there. It's just so beautiful, like something out of my dreams. I like to sleep a lot too. Or just sit back with a coffee on those dark rainy days and relax, maybe stare out the window for hours. Sounds like such a perfect, peaceful place.


--------------------
X___________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16418496 -

A lot of mosquitoes though I guess?


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16418502 -

I left EVERYTHING behind me and came to Humboldt county to start a new life. I lived in a tent for 3 months to make it happen, but I pulled it off. Im typing to you from my own apartment, a lady I met and had a child with, got my AA degree, and am still in school". I backpack around this wonderful environment, and I got to say it is pretty fucking epic

But one thing Ive learned is no matter how beautiful a place is, without loved ones around you it can suck ass. Family really is important, even if you hate them, and even if you hate your hometown, there really is.....no place like home, that time and area you have grown accustomed to as a child.

I love the PNW and Im glad I came, but when the time comes to leave I wont be sad. Id say go for it if you want. The foggy mornings inside the redwoods (or any trees for that matter) really are amazing. And there is a different worldview from the food selections, to some of the spiritual practices. I dont think I ever saw a Hindu (who wasnt Indian) in SoCal :lol:

:goodluck:


....O and FYI the rain does get old. I was like you and said, OMG I LOVE THE RAIN, ITS SO GREAT. But thats only because its rare as FUCK in SoCAl. After a few years, it really does start to take a toll on your mental state


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (06/22/12 01:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: withoutawire]
    #16418545 -

.


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Edited by NWlight (07/19/12 12:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Almond Flour]
    #16418575 -

Celestial Traveler said:
A lot of mosquitoes though I guess?



I fucking hate mosquitoes.

Oh well :shrug:

Real CA Milk said:
I left EVERYTHING behind me and came to Humboldt county to start a new life. I lived in a tent for 3 months to make it happen, but I pulled it off. Im typing to you from my own apartment, a lady I met and had a child with, got my AA degree, and am still in school". I backpack around this wonderful environment, and I got to say it is pretty fucking epic

But one thing Ive learned is no matter how beautiful a place is, without loved ones around you it can suck ass. Family really is important, even if you hate them, and even if you hate your hometown, there really is.....no place like home, that time and area you have grown accustomed to as a child.

I love the PNW and Im glad I came, but when the time comes to leave I wont be sad. Id say go for it if you want. The foggy mornings inside the redwoods (or any trees for that matter) really are amazing. And there is a different worldview from the food selections, to some of the spiritual practices. I dont think I ever saw a Hindu (who wasnt Indian) in SoCal :lol:

:goodluck:


....O and FYI the rain does get old. I was like you and said, OMG I LOVE THE RAIN, ITS SO GREAT. But thats only because its rare as FUCK in SoCAl. After a few years, it really does start to take a toll on your mental state



Glad to hear you like the Humboldt area. That entire county is really pretty. You're right I will probably get a little homesick. Oh well, I won't being moving up there for a while if I even do. But I'm gonna take some trips all the way up the the coast. I think I like the rain but I'll have to figure out if I could stand it.


--------------------
X___________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: JimLahey]
    #16418773 -

JimLahey said:
withoutawire said:
I live in San Francisco and it's nice, but I am learning I want to move to oregon also.


The politics in California are complete shit.



And the tax system in Oregon is complete shit... get ready



Yeah but Oregon has got a lot less of the political bullshit and the taxes almost seem worth it.


--------------------
:tigerbunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: withoutawire]
    #16420022 -

I enjoy the atmosphere. Generally, it's a positive pro-positive/green movement.

I would not worry about mosquitoes. They're generally a non issue from what I have seen.


--------------------
:sunny:B r e a t h e in Peace B r e a t h e out Love:sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16423726 -

Celestial Traveler said:
A lot of mosquitoes though I guess?



Actually, no!

There are no mosquitoes where I live, and I very rarely see them in Oregon. I think it might be too cold for them. They like tropical, warmer temps. I used to live in Hawaii, and they are plentyful in rainy areas of the Big Island (like Hilo). But in Oregon (and Im guessing Washington), its rainy and wet, but not warm enough for those nasty pest. Thank goodness!

One thing that Oregon does have a lot of is gnats! They can be in clouds on the trails. But good thing is they are seasonal (warmer seasons) and they are not too common. So you're golden.

Not too many pests, some rats and mice, the gnats, the occasional squawking crows, pretty minor pests.

Beats the hell out of the huge cockaroaches and the infinite ants that live in Hawaii. They are everywhere, and annoying. Its good to not have that in Oregon.

Go PNW!
- LC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Moving to Washington State / Vancouver this summer... HELP!!! Awesomepossum 488 0 02/07/05 07:24 PM
by Awesomepossum
* Help me choose where to move! Signo 1,043 18 03/16/05 06:27 PM
by Skunk420
* Moving to Canada - Calling Shroomerites - SERIOUS!
( 1 2 3 all )
lukeboots 5,166 43 12/16/04 12:50 PM
by Gus
* Bend Oregon??? shaggy101 1,110 11 03/25/04 01:54 AM
by love2zen
* Places to trip in Bellingham? GigaHurtz1 607 5 10/17/08 06:29 PM
by sleepy
* Moving to Canada
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Kid_Orgo 9,460 72 10/05/03 12:58 PM
by dastats
* Dead in Oregon nicechrisman 1,621 14 07/01/04 08:25 PM
by Adom
* Oregon forumites TwistedFate 647 7 09/04/04 10:37 PM
by Papaver

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,710 topic views. 2 members, 14 guests and 73 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.