Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16401786 -

You should finish school.  My school had an obscure rule allowing for remote schooling within certain parameters.  Turns out, I could do the entire last semester online while partying my ass off in CO.  :awehigh:


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Shins]
    #16404701 -

JimLahey said:
I live in Washington and work in Oregon... I previously had a job in WA... There is no state tax in WA on your pay check, OR taxes the fuck out of it but rewards you with no sales tax



I did not know this! Interesting.

Shins said:
Id move to washington because they have this program that pays you to fish northern pikeminnow (squawfish.)

i know people who make a modest, bit decent living by doing npthing but go fishing for pikeminnow.

plus youre liable to catch a good number of good eating fish as by-catch and for num nums :laugh:



Hmm I have never heard of this, I would like to know more!

:google:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Kupo]
    #16405320 -

So basically what you should do is live in OR and work in WA... no tax on anything you buy except maybe booze (plus when you go to WA you can show them your OR ID and they take off the tax for you) and then work in WA where the min wage is higher and there is no state tax on your pay check.... just a thought though


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: JimLahey]
    #16405358 -

JimLahey said:
So basically what you should do is live in OR and work in WA... no tax on anything you buy except maybe booze (plus when you go to WA you can show them your OR ID and they take off the tax for you) and then work in WA where the min wage is higher and there is no state tax on your pay check.... just a thought though



If you live in OR and work in WA you still have to pay taxes in OR.  OR taxes like mad and they double dip you if you move or commute across state lines.

IMO, the lack of sales tax is not worth the high income tax and property taxes in OR.  They are killer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: DieCommie]
    #16405409 -

I've lived in Washington my whole life. Speaking of taxes it'd be cheaper drive to OR and buy liquor because we tax the shit out of it now that it's privatized people also go to OR to buy Everclear.


--------------------

Edited by Mafeki (06/19/12 06:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Mafeki]
    #16405576 -

I go to Portland to buy liquor all the time, its fucking waaaaaaay cheaper. At Safeway a 1.75 of Black Velvet is like $25, what a rip off, its like 15$ in Portland


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16406044 -

bananaman said:
Shins said:
Id move to washington because they have this program that pays you to fish northern pikeminnow (squawfish.)

i know people who make a modest, bit decent living by doing npthing but go fishing for pikeminnow.

plus youre liable to catch a good number of good eating fish as by-catch and for num nums :laugh:



Too bad I am terrible at fishing. Fun though!
Intrepid-Traveler said:
Sales tax (washington) annoys me but i'm an oregonian born and raised. The coastal forest extends inland roughly 30 miles and all of the west is spectacular. The drive to down town is not bad either. The beach has it's typical tourist locations which is totally fine because that traps all the sell outs and there are a ton of other locations along/near the coast that will take your breath away. I have been raised here for 19 years and am still discovering new locations. Here are a couple of my favorite beach locations. (click through the picture bar on the top of the page)

http://ipicture.mobi/?d=1132367&s=OR&f=bay

The areas around here have such a rooted feel. One might run in to people meditating and wearing dark green clothes on a given overcast day. The hikes are spectacular. If you want to hike in a different milieu, not a problem! Oregon is diverse and the community is friendly.



My god, those photos :idhitit: Maybe all the aforementioned taxes are worth keeping that place so damn beautiful



More photos! unfortunately have only had a camera for the last 2 or 3 months so I do not have many.








Most of the above locations are very touristy in Oregon terms but that's all I have been to over the camera's duration. Think of the breathtaking backwoods that awaits discovery. This is mostly south central oregon. About 1 and a half to 2 hours away from downtown Portland


--------------------
:sunny:B r e a t h e in Peace B r e a t h e out Love:sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Intrepid-Traveler]
    #16417663 -

Sweet pics man


--------------------
X___________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16417668 -

Does anyone know if seattle is a nice place?


--------------------
X___________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16417745 -

Damn sick pics dude.  I'll probably move to that region eventually.  Washington or Montana most likely.  I like wandering like a butterfly.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16417750 -

you can meet monstermitch in montana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Bundy]
    #16417765 -

Bundy said:
:lol: I was gonna say "Go ahead and move up there if you like rain."

But you said you did. hah.

I love the snow, and for the past year I've been trying to convince my wife to move to Colorado. But she refuses.

:crankey:


If you have the opportunity to live where you want man, don't look back. Pack your bags and fucking go.



Would it be safe to say Colorado is more snow, and Oregon is more rain?

I would like to move out west myself one day...would like great scenery of course, quiet, chill, laid back environment, and an abundant supply of psychedelics lol.

Wouldn't like it to be too cold but I could work around that.

Anyone have ideas on which state I should look into?  I've mainly been considering Oregon, Washington, Colorado, NorCal and maybe even Wyoming.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16417809 -

Oregon.  Colorado is QUITE snowy.  Besides the high taxes and shitty job market, I hear oregon is better than washington.  NorCal is ultra expensive too.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16417858 -

Damn.  I was kinda hoping for a low cost of living.  I'm sure there have to be some town in Oregon with a fair CoL and decent property rates, right?

How does the cost of living and job market in Oregon compare to Colorado, if you have any knowledge on that subject?


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16417871 -

Honestly I don't see why everyone doesn't want to move out to the Pacific Northwest...there must be some catch.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16417883 -

Well, our summer out here lasts like 2 months or so... lots of homeless.... no jobs.... lots of hipsters... tweakers... junkies...

IDK, I see both sides of the spectrum. The PNW is pretty cool though, best nature in the country by far... besides maybe HI or AK


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16417888 -

I live in San Francisco and it's nice, but I am learning I want to move to oregon also.


The politics in California are complete shit.


--------------------
:tigerbunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: withoutawire]
    #16417890 -

withoutawire said:
I live in San Francisco and it's nice, but I am learning I want to move to oregon also.


The politics in California are complete shit.



And the tax system in Oregon is complete shit... get ready


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: JimLahey]
    #16417899 -

Where u at?

I can deal with a little offset social scene...I'm not too social myself anyways.  Besides at least the prevalence of hipsters suggests there must be a hint of culture there..(kind of).

I'm mainly concerned about these things:

- Nature (love forests, mountains, beaches too but mountains more,  and beaches + mountains the most.  Prefer rain over snow, don't like bone-chilling cold though)

- Cost of Living - modest tax rate, property costs and rent not too high.  Job market, etc.

- Abundance of psychedelic drugs and subsequent festivals, medical marijuana and decriminalized marijuana are a plus also.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16417961 -

Portland...

- Its got tons of great nature, close to Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helen.
- No Sales Tax
- Rent is like it is anywhere else, dependent on what part of the city
- Property tax is high
- Not a lot of jobs, but since I moved out here I have seen a huge swing withing the last few months of open jobs but who knows.
- Lots of drugs
- Medical MJ
- Raves
- Horning's Hideout is 45 min away and there are tons of good festivals and shows there

Its decent man, I really wanna move down to Eugene but the job market there is fucking terrible


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Moving to Washington State / Vancouver this summer... HELP!!! Awesomepossum 488 0 02/07/05 07:24 PM
by Awesomepossum
* Help me choose where to move! Signo 1,043 18 03/16/05 06:27 PM
by Skunk420
* Moving to Canada - Calling Shroomerites - SERIOUS!
( 1 2 3 all )
lukeboots 5,212 43 12/16/04 12:50 PM
by Gus
* Bend Oregon??? shaggy101 1,110 11 03/25/04 01:54 AM
by love2zen
* Places to trip in Bellingham? GigaHurtz1 607 5 10/17/08 06:29 PM
by sleepy
* Moving to Canada
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Kid_Orgo 9,494 72 10/05/03 12:58 PM
by dastats
* Dead in Oregon nicechrisman 1,621 14 07/01/04 08:25 PM
by Adom
* Oregon forumites TwistedFate 647 7 09/04/04 10:37 PM
by Papaver

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,711 topic views. 4 members, 25 guests and 62 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.