Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
I want to move to oregon or washington * 1
    #16398211 -

Some place up there, on the coast ( or at least somewhat close to the ocean). It's just so beautiful up there. Maybe Nor Cal. I don't know. I just really love the clouds and the rain. The environment seems so green and healthy. The redwood trees are beautiful as well. And those foggy mornings are the best. I hear that places like Seattle can cause depression though because of all the rain. But I love rain, and dark cloudy days. Does anyone know firsthand if the Pacific Northwest is as fantastic as I am imagining it? I have only been a few times



--------------------
X___________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16398225 -

Do it.  Western Washington is the best.  Consider Bellingham or Port Townsend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington *DELETED* [Re: Dorian Gray]
    #16398264 -

Post deleted by NWlight

Reason for deletion: .



--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: NWlight]
    #16398593 -

NWlight said:
Oregon :awesomenod:



:awesomenod: :awesomenod: :awesomenod: :awesomenod: :awesomenod:


--------------------
"The edge, there is no honest way to explain it, because the only ones who know where it is are the ones who have gone over." Dr. HST, the true king of fun - RIP

Federal Bureau of Keeping Juice
Special Agent Fun Guy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16398609 -

:lol: I was gonna say "Go ahead and move up there if you like rain."

But you said you did. hah.

I love the snow, and for the past year I've been trying to convince my wife to move to Colorado. But she refuses.

:crankey:


If you have the opportunity to live where you want man, don't look back. Pack your bags and fucking go.


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Bundy]
    #16401537 -

Dorian Gray said:
Do it.  Western Washington is the best.  Consider Bellingham or Port Townsend.



Man, those places are so beautiful. Maybe I could retire there someday or something. who knows. I swear when I think of living peacefully and happily, I picture myself just talking a long walk, maybe sippin on some coffee, just breathing the fresh air. Yeah, those towns look like something out of my dreams.

NWlight said:
Oregon :awesomenod:



Oregon seems like such a great state. Beautiful beautiful state

Bundy said:
:lol: I was gonna say "Go ahead and move up there if you like rain."

But you said you did. hah.

I love the snow, and for the past year I've been trying to convince my wife to move to Colorado. But she refuses.

:crankey:


If you have the opportunity to live where you want man, don't look back. Pack your bags and fucking go.



Yeah I like it when there is rain. It's a special treat in so cal. I like sunny days too, but I feel like it drains the energy out of me. I like it when it's a little chilly out. Snow isn't really my thing though but I can make a damn good snowman.

But yeah I should just fucking go up there. Fingers crossed, maybe someday


--------------------
X___________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16401555 -

Oregon's taxes are fucking awful live in Washington...


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: JimLahey]
    #16401653 -

Haha, let the Liquor do the talking eh Lahey?

He's got it backwards.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: bananaman]
    #16401673 -

Quote:
Does anyone know firsthand if the Pacific Northwest is as fantastic as I am imagining it?



Yea, it is.  The bad part is the economy and housing.  But all the good stuff you mention is true too.


JimLahey said:
Oregon's taxes are fucking awful live in Washington...



Yea, this is true too.  If you plan on making money Washington is a little better.  Oregon's taxes are crazy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: DieCommie]
    #16401680 -

I live in Washington and work in Oregon... I previously had a job in WA... There is no state tax in WA on your pay check, OR taxes the fuck out of it but rewards you with no sales tax


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: DieCommie]
    #16401686 -

except some dude just caught the plague in oregon

i mean not that should factor in your decision or anything.


--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/greenspectral ;  <---original electrik muziq

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: greenspectral]
    #16401695 -

Watch out for the homeless asking for change, well....half the pan handlers are not even homeless. I usually ask them for money when they ask me, I'm broke as fuck working my ass of to survive.


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: greenspectral]
    #16401696 -

Washingtion, Oregon, Norcal.. Best place to call home. Bottom line..

ThaT is where you grow old and love your life..


--------------------
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and
willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Im Down For Leh Trade
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16443919


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: NWlight]
    #16401697 -

Id move to washington because they have this program that pays you to fish northern pikeminnow (squawfish.)

i know people who make a modest, bit decent living by doing npthing but go fishing for pikeminnow.

plus youre liable to catch a good number of good eating fish as by-catch and for num nums :laugh:


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Bundy]
    #16401712 -

Bundy said:
If you have the opportunity to live where you want man, don't look back. Pack your bags and fucking go.



Do it man.  Don't be a scared little puppy like most other people living in shitty locales too scared to move.  This is your one life to live.  If you think you might like somewhere, fucking do it.  The worst that can happen is you learn you don't like it and you move somewhere even more badass.  I moved from Florida to Colorado with no job in January.  Thankfully I had a semester left of skewl so I got to transition kinda that way but still don't have a job.  Oh well.  Don't regret it one bit.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: JimLahey]
    #16401720 -

Sales tax (washington) annoys me but i'm an oregonian born and raised. The coastal forest extends inland roughly 30 miles and all of the west is spectacular. The drive to down town is not bad either. The beach has it's typical tourist locations which is totally fine because that traps all the sell outs and there are a ton of other locations along/near the coast that will take your breath away. I have been raised here for 19 years and am still discovering new locations. Here are a couple of my favorite beach locations. (click through the picture bar on the top of the page)

http://ipicture.mobi/?d=1132367&s=OR&f=bay

The areas around here have such a rooted feel. One might run in to people meditating and wearing dark green clothes on a given overcast day. The hikes are spectacular. If you want to hike in a different milieu, not a problem! Oregon is diverse and the community is friendly.


--------------------
:sunny:B r e a t h e in Peace B r e a t h e out Love:sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16401721 -

I live in the PNW and am originally from a large midwest city, I'm thinking of moving out to CO in a couple years... or I may just head to Ashland


--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: greenspectral]
    #16401732 -

Hmmm, taxes :feelsbadman:

well, WA has the North Cascades too. Beautiful mountains. That's a big plus.


--------------------
X___________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: Intrepid-Traveler]
    #16401748 -

Shins said:
Id move to washington because they have this program that pays you to fish northern pikeminnow (squawfish.)

i know people who make a modest, bit decent living by doing npthing but go fishing for pikeminnow.

plus youre liable to catch a good number of good eating fish as by-catch and for num nums :laugh:



Too bad I am terrible at fishing. Fun though!
Intrepid-Traveler said:
Sales tax (washington) annoys me but i'm an oregonian born and raised. The coastal forest extends inland roughly 30 miles and all of the west is spectacular. The drive to down town is not bad either. The beach has it's typical tourist locations which is totally fine because that traps all the sell outs and there are a ton of other locations along/near the coast that will take your breath away. I have been raised here for 19 years and am still discovering new locations. Here are a couple of my favorite beach locations. (click through the picture bar on the top of the page)

http://ipicture.mobi/?d=1132367&s=OR&f=bay

The areas around here have such a rooted feel. One might run in to people meditating and wearing dark green clothes on a given overcast day. The hikes are spectacular. If you want to hike in a different milieu, not a problem! Oregon is diverse and the community is friendly.



My god, those photos :idhitit: Maybe all the aforementioned taxes are worth keeping that place so damn beautiful


--------------------
X___________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to move to oregon or washington [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16401756 -

All We Perceive said:
Bundy said:
If you have the opportunity to live where you want man, don't look back. Pack your bags and fucking go.



Do it man.  Don't be a scared little puppy like most other people living in shitty locales too scared to move.  This is your one life to live.  If you think you might like somewhere, fucking do it.  The worst that can happen is you learn you don't like it and you move somewhere even more badass.  I moved from Florida to Colorado with no job in January.  Thankfully I had a semester left of skewl so I got to transition kinda that way but still don't have a job.  Oh well.  Don't regret it one bit.



I wish I had more of a get up and go attitude. I really do. I doubt I'm gonna leave California until after college though. Sounds like a lame excuse but my fathers's navy disability thing (i don't know what the hell its called), gives me an easier time paying for tuition and stuff at public cali universities. So I'm gonna stick around. Right now I guess I am just fantasizing about living up there someday. Already planning some trips


--------------------
X___________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Moving to Washington State / Vancouver this summer... HELP!!! Awesomepossum 488 0 02/07/05 07:24 PM
by Awesomepossum
* Help me choose where to move! Signo 1,043 18 03/16/05 06:27 PM
by Skunk420
* Moving to Canada - Calling Shroomerites - SERIOUS!
( 1 2 3 all )
lukeboots 5,166 43 12/16/04 12:50 PM
by Gus
* Bend Oregon??? shaggy101 1,110 11 03/25/04 01:54 AM
by love2zen
* Places to trip in Bellingham? GigaHurtz1 607 5 10/17/08 06:29 PM
by sleepy
* Moving to Canada
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Kid_Orgo 9,460 72 10/05/03 12:58 PM
by dastats
* Dead in Oregon nicechrisman 1,621 14 07/01/04 08:25 PM
by Adom
* Oregon forumites TwistedFate 647 7 09/04/04 10:37 PM
by Papaver

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,710 topic views. 4 members, 53 guests and 227 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.