Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Mushroom Hunt! w/pics
    #1627468 -

Hi guys, there was a fine summer rain shower here today, and I decided it was a good time to go out looking for cool shrooms in the forest. I put on some raingear, grabbed my camera, and here is what I found.









I don?t believe any are psychoactive, but still cool nonetheless. Peace.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Hunt! w/pics [Re: chunder]
    #1627481 -

The bottom one looks to be Amanita.. I cant tell what species becuse the base of the shroom is covered.

Nice shots man. Keep up the good work.  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Hunt! w/pics [Re: chunder]
    #1627517 -

Those are really nice photos.

If you ever want IDs we'll need to see the undersides of the caps also.

I see the Amanitas are coming up all over there. There's also a Russula (the red one).

The coolest is probably that funnel shaped one. It would have been great to see the underside of it.

Great finds.

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Hunt! w/pics [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1627547 -

Here is the underside of the funnel one. The stem and cap of it was very hard, not soft at all.

I?m just now getting into hunting and indentifying the little guys, I?ll be sure to read all the hunting faqs and such. Peace!



--------------------

Edited by chunder (06/11/03 11:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Hunt! w/pics [Re: chunder]
    #1627562 -

looks like a polyporaceae.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Hunt! w/pics [Re: chunder]
    #1627611 -

A great specimen.

I'm going to guess Coltricia perennis. Yours is more funnel-shaped than the photos I'm finding, but the description indicates that they can be.

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Hunt! w/pics [Re: chunder]
    #1627657 -

Beautiful photos!!!

Thanks for sharing! :laugh:

-RebelSteve


--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Hunt! w/pics [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1628652 -

Thanks for the IDs guys! I look forward to posting more the next time I go out hunting. Peace.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* my first mushroom hunt. Pics of some gills Shaw 1,177 2 10/21/02 04:31 AM
by Shaw
* Mushroom Hunting Video mattso 8,450 14 01/14/03 06:49 AM
by Anno
* Interplanetary Alliance of Mushroom Hunting Smallputrid 3,128 2 06/19/01 02:10 AM
by Mitchnast
* Mushroom Hunt MagicRooms 7,099 12 02/11/02 02:46 AM
by MagicRooms
* Re: Mushroom Hunting rePort Lizard King 5,687 7 12/24/99 12:43 PM
by Abaddon
* Mushroom hunting and back pain shitdog 3,738 5 06/07/18 02:53 PM
by relic
* A mushroom hunting report+pics,ID please&questions T0aD 3,440 9 07/30/02 03:45 AM
by T0aD
* My hunt (PICS) angryshroom 2,041 10 10/10/02 02:44 PM
by angryshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,347 topic views. 0 members, 65 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.