Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: Soldier of Fortune]
    #16255092 -

I once gave a guy who claimed to be homeless $10, mostly just to shut him up. He could have been full of shit but he did look scared as it was a very cold night. I saw him buy some juice and like $3 worth of alcohol, but i figured why not i can spare it and i'm sure that 10 did a lot more for him than me. Besides he asked for an idea of where he could go, not for money. That was all i could do to help he wasn't going anywhere with me. Said since the shelters were full he was going to sit in a White Castle for as long as possible so he thanked me and left. I'll probably never know if that was the right thing to do but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: allhallows]
    #16255140 -

allhallows said:
This one time when I was younger, I was alone in NYC and 2 crooks chased me into central park. This nice homeless woman saved me by unleashing dozens of pidgeons on the crooks, scaring them off. Later that week she took me to the roof top of the New York Symphony where we watche the show from this indescribable view. I bought her a hot chocolate.

Later, I bought her a christmas ornament and gave it to her on Christmas morning. It was 2 white doves. I gave her one and I kept one. I told her that every time I look at this I will remember her.



it wasn't till the very end that I figured out what movie it was.

:smilingpuppy:


--------------------
:willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: NWlight]
    #16255274 -

You are a chill guy, NW. I wasn't really sure for a sec. :sherlock:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: broken]
    #16255918 -

closed veil said:
allhallows said:
This one time when I was younger, I was alone in NYC and 2 crooks chased me into central park. This nice homeless woman saved me by unleashing dozens of pidgeons on the crooks, scaring them off. Later that week she took me to the roof top of the New York Symphony where we watche the show from this indescribable view. I bought her a hot chocolate.

Later, I bought her a christmas ornament and gave it to her on Christmas morning. It was 2 white doves. I gave her one and I kept one. I told her that every time I look at this I will remember her.



it wasn't till the very end that I figured out what movie it was.

:smilingpuppy:



I took it seriously. :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: NWlight]
    #16257168 -

Thats awesome bro, I never spent 12 hours with a homeless man but when i was a little younger(around 15-17) i would have this notorious homeless man in the area buy me booze and i would share some with him and give him a tip, but ive spent a few hours with the guy and it WAS a very eye-opening experience.

'When we can understand eachother, we can understand ourselves'


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: NWlight]
    #16257991 -

NWlight said:
It was one of the most eye-opening experiences of my life...


Anyone here spent some time with someone from another social sphere?



Okay, this can’t be a coincidence:I am homeless, and some douchebag just harassed me for 12 hours straight
Which one of you guys is joking?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: Pick] * 2
    #16258105 -

the "hanging out with a homeless guy" stuff is a white, middle class persons way of making himself feel better about himself.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: Bridgeburner] * 2
    #16258313 -

b0red5tiff said:
the "hanging out with a homeless guy" stuff is a white, middle class persons way of making himself feel better about himself.



No the "hanging out with a homeless guy" stuff is a white, liberal douchbag's way of making himself feel better about himself.  There's a difference.  Not all white middle class people buy into the whiny loser crap.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: s240779]
    #16258421 -

superhigh said:
What happens in America if there's like a decent looking guy in his late 20s who's starving to death because he's homeless and he's not able to panhandle enough? Do people just pass by him day by day until he's a corpse? I'm just wondering.



If he's a good looking guy in his twenties then why the fuck is he panhandling?  he should be working.


--------------------
[quote]
Free.Your.Mind said:
jesus btw had part alien DNA
how do you think was able to preform miracles?
i look at the bible from a scientific stand point [/quote]            :africaface:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: zappaisgod]
    #16258426 -

zappaisgod said:
b0red5tiff said:
the "hanging out with a homeless guy" stuff is a white, middle class persons way of making himself feel better about himself.



No the "hanging out with a homeless guy" stuff is a white, liberal douchbag's way of making himself feel better about himself.  There's a difference.  Not all white middle class people buy into the whiny loser crap.



how would a conservative deal with the situation :strokebeard: ?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: Crypt Keeper]
    #16258446 -

Crypt Keeper said:
If someone doesn't want to work or be a part of the system, they have every right not to. Fuck people like you.



He who does not work, neither shall he eat.

This isn't some communist nanny state, if someone wants to survive they have to work and "be part of the system"


--------------------
[quote]
Free.Your.Mind said:
jesus btw had part alien DNA
how do you think was able to preform miracles?
i look at the bible from a scientific stand point [/quote]            :africaface:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: zappaisgod]
    #16258944 -

zappaisgod said:
b0red5tiff said:
the "hanging out with a homeless guy" stuff is a white, middle class persons way of making himself feel better about himself.



No the "hanging out with a homeless guy" stuff is a white, liberal douchbag's way of making himself feel better about himself.  There's a difference.  Not all white middle class people buy into the whiny loser crap.



What the fuck is this? I gave him free food and some clean water, cigarettes even though I don't smoke, and he kept saying how nice it was to be meeting a new friend. His name was Robert, he introduced me to his friends Carrie and James, too.  I gave him a free basic medical evaluation and set him up with an appointment at my work, I volunteer at a homeless clinic. how dare either of you judge me.

Just because doing something makes you feel good about yourself doesn't mean it's selfish. Philanthropy makes me happy, does that make it any less valid?

:nonono:


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16258955 -

BlindSophist said:
You are a chill guy, NW. I wasn't really sure for a sec. :sherlock:



:awepreciation:


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: NWlight]
    #16258965 -

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories, it's sad to see how many of you think that bein homeless is somehow "immoral", but reading the (mostly) intellectual discussion from both sides has been very interesting :sun:
:strokebeard:


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: NWlight]
    #16258988 -

NWlight said:
What the fuck is this? I gave him free food and some clean water, cigarettes even though I don't smoke, and he kept saying how nice it was to be meeting a new friend. His name was Robert, he introduced me to his friends Carrie and James, too.  I gave him a free basic medical evaluation and set him up with an appointment at my work, I volunteer at a homeless clinic.




That is awesome. Keep up the good work, man. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: nooneman]
    #16259118 -



Dunno if this guy is really homeless but he's awesome :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: NWlight]
    #16261395 -

NWlight said:
zappaisgod said:
b0red5tiff said:
the "hanging out with a homeless guy" stuff is a white, middle class persons way of making himself feel better about himself.



No the "hanging out with a homeless guy" stuff is a white, liberal douchbag's way of making himself feel better about himself.  There's a difference.  Not all white middle class people buy into the whiny loser crap.



What the fuck is this? I gave him free food and some clean water, cigarettes even though I don't smoke, and he kept saying how nice it was to be meeting a new friend. His name was Robert, he introduced me to his friends Carrie and James, too.  I gave him a free basic medical evaluation and set him up with an appointment at my work, I volunteer at a homeless clinic. how dare either of you judge me.

Just because doing something makes you feel good about yourself doesn't mean it's selfish. Philanthropy makes me happy, does that make it any less valid?

:nonono:



what made me suspect is that you later on used that alleged experience to gain attention, plus it was just one deed. you didn't work selflessly in a homeless shelter for a year or something.
:willfredjoint:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: Smoky McPot]
    #16265043 -

Smoky McPot said:
Crypt Keeper said:
If someone doesn't want to work or be a part of the system, they have every right not to. Fuck people like you.



He who does not work, neither shall he eat.

This isn't some communist nanny state, if someone wants to survive they have to work and "be part of the system"



If you want to live as a slave then so be it. You do not need money or a job to survive.
A communist nanny state does make everyone work to eat, and also makes people like you believe that it is the only way.

Your story is full of holes, commie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: Crypt Keeper]
    #16265062 -

Quote:
A communist nanny state does make everyone work to eat, and also makes people like you believe that it is the only way.



I'm not anti-homeless, but I'd love to hear your theory on why you shouldn't have to work in order to be fed.


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just hung out with a homeless man for 12+ hours [Re: Crypt Keeper]
    #16265204 -

Crypt Keeper said:
Smoky McPot said:
Crypt Keeper said:
If someone doesn't want to work or be a part of the system, they have every right not to. Fuck people like you.



He who does not work, neither shall he eat.

This isn't some communist nanny state, if someone wants to survive they have to work and "be part of the system"



If you want to live as a slave then so be it. You do not need money or a job to survive.
A communist nanny state does make everyone work to eat, and also makes people like you believe that it is the only way.

Your story is full of holes, commie.



My point stands.  This principle of working for your food goes all the way back to the first American colonies like Jamestown where they realized that not working doesn't work.


--------------------
[quote]
Free.Your.Mind said:
jesus btw had part alien DNA
how do you think was able to preform miracles?
i look at the bible from a scientific stand point [/quote]            :africaface:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Giving supermaket food to homeless people LearyfanS 1,646 16 06/01/03 02:01 AM
by frogsheath
* What are your hours of operation1? (POLL) Cow Shit Collector 1,183 4 10/31/02 11:25 AM
by Smack31
* Sleep Cycles Jenny 1,951 8 11/18/02 09:54 PM
by danlennon3
* I seemed to have misplaced my windows xp cd!
( 1 2 all )
Vulture 2,608 21 03/17/05 11:06 AM
by moeshroom
* Misplaced those damn rolling papers again... shroomster15 2,353 6 12/26/05 05:20 AM
by MushroomTrip
* Misplaced Anger and a Death Threat against Ben Giver StrandedVoyager 1,239 6 05/21/06 04:03 AM
by monamine
* Is this dosage excessive? (antibiotics) ToTheSummit 1,332 5 08/24/17 08:05 AM
by Enlil
* Gobble! Gobble! (A Thanksgiving Day Post) PapaverS 1,880 4 11/29/02 06:52 PM
by Ripple

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,668 topic views. 2 members, 11 guests and 233 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.