Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon???
    #1616403 - 06/07/03 10:28 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hi im doing this because a friend asked me... he recently moved to live in oregon and i told him that the most potent mushrooms in the whole world grew there so he got very excited and asked me to find out where...

so is it season for azures right now or wich is their season, also i want to know if they grow in whole oregon or where to look for em and what habitat, thanx for all

peace and plentyness of mush for all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: AIRDOG]
    #1616415 - 06/07/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

They like the cold, now is not the time for them.  I'd start looking in late sept-mid oct.  I've never picked them in the wild personally, so I'm not sure of the specifics of what they like, but I hear they're generally found pretty close to the coast in manmade woodchip beds, creek/river-side riparian zones and dune grasses.  I recall a number of supposed fruitful locations being posted on the boards here in the seasons past, perhaps a search is in order....  :smirk:

Peace

DH

Edited by DethHed (06/07/03 10:39 AM)

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: spores]
    #1616565 - 06/07/03 12:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

where at in oregon if he has a valid licence during season ill let him drive my car. i know a couple good spots ive takin a few people off here hunting and never came back empty handed

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: Dobie]
    #1616603 - 06/07/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

what about in washington
I was told to go near the mountains during november and to look at the roots of the evergreen trees to find them
Is this true?

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: tastyshroom]
    #1616625 - 06/07/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, they grow at sea level in hardwood debris in Oregon but high in the mountains under evergreens in Washington, makes sense to me....  :tongue:

DH

Edited by DethHed (06/07/03 12:54 PM)

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #1616642 - 06/07/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I was told to go near the mountains during november and to look at the roots of the evergreen trees to find them
Is this true?

Sounds more like amanita muscaria to me.

--------------------

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: @cro]
    #1616655 - 06/07/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

probably..but i wouldn't travel to the mountains for amanitas..they grow by my house

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1616702 - 06/07/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Psilocybe azurescens is not the most potent shroom in the world. P. cyanescens is.

However, you can find P. azurescens growing around sand dunes and sandy soil areas in Hammond and Astoria, Oregon. I will mention there are many public places in that region where these shrooms are found, but police stake out parks in the dunes areas of the ocean in the fall watching for pickers in the dunes.

The mushroom can be plentiful or picked over easily since there are many . You can also find them growing along with P cyanescens.

have a shroomy day

Edited by mjshroomer (06/07/03 08:29 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1616973 - 06/07/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

puhblic places int hat region where these shrooms are found,but poluice stake out parks inthe dunes areas of the ocean inthfall watching for pickers inthe dunes.

Scary stuff. :crazy:

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: angryshroom]
    #1617075 - 06/07/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

To think: the big bad tewwowists are out lookin to kill me and the police want to watch ME picking MUSHROOMS! The idiocy of some of my country's people and officials will never cease to amaze me.

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #1617084 - 06/07/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybe azurescens is not the most potent shroom in the world. P. cyanescens is.

Really? According to this Azures are more potent. http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: FocusHawaii]
    #1617159 - 06/07/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i use to think azures were more potent but mjshroomer knows his mushshrooms.maybe azures are more potent by weight and cyanescens give a more potent high.

Edited by mindcandy (06/07/03 07:34 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: YidakiMan]
    #1617254 - 06/07/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was giving a lecture at Breitenbush Hot Springs in Lake Detroit, Oregon in the year 2000 with One of the Original Dung Brothers and soem friends.

After the conference, me, one of the dung Brothers and a young couple, Henry and Paula went to Astoria and Hammond. We were picking in a public beach-park area of Hammond when a police car parked and watched us for several minutes. We all became intimidated and only photographed the shrooms instead of picking them. We talked ;loudly as ifd we were on a photographic field tri[p.

The cop obviously knew why we were there so because he was there watching us in the swamp along the coast, we decided not to pick and immediately left. We scould see his head following us as we drove from the beach park.

here is a picture of Paula with the two mushrooms we first found before the cop arrived to watch us.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (06/07/03 08:38 PM)

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #1617430 - 06/07/03 11:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

grrr, that must have been the worst feeling. just leaving awesome shrooms growing to rot because of some uncontrollabe event. when i was very young, i used to mushroom hunting for 3-4 hours in the pine forests of poland with various adults. seeing mushrooms still growing as we were leaving in the car i begged to stay and just pick a few more and they refused. that was my mushrooming youth. begging adults.

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1618439 - 06/08/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Magma had a good childhood. What did you hunt in Poland?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: Stymee]
    #1618456 - 06/08/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

HE hunted nazi's

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #1618640 - 06/08/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

hahahaha, nazis, thats more like your childhood MJ  :tongue:

since i used to be in poland mostly during the summer, not in the main august-october picking season when HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of people were out in the fields, i hunted a lot of Xerocomus badius and even more CHANTERELLES.

chanterelles started as early as early june in poland and kept on fruiting until september. other than that we found a lot of Boletus edulis (especially on our trips to northeast poland), Xerocomus subtomentosus, Xerocomus chrysenteron (so many they were almost considered a weed), Leccinum scabrum in birch forests, Leccinum aurantiacum and Leccinum griseum, quite a bit of Suillus granulatus, A LOT of Hydnum repandum (although we didnt know this species was edible or what it was until another hunter told as about it when it was too late), and some Suillus bovinus.

as you can see we mostly hunted Boletaceae. that is what most people go after in poland as far as edibles.

also, i found quite a lot of Macrolepiota procera in fields and a few Lactarius delisiosus even they didnt start usually until the middle of July.

i remember the polish forests being filled with Amanita fulva. Russula fellea, Russula cyanoxantha, and other red Russalas were found in the hundreds especially in the birch forests where Leccinum species were found.

other than that i dont remember what else we picked. it was a great time. 

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: buckwheat]
    #1619311 - 06/08/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i use to think azures were more potent but mjshroomer knows his mushshrooms.maybe azures are more potent by weight and cyanescens give a more potent high.

I agree that he is probably one of the greatest Ethno-Mycologists there are but its just everywhere i have read it has said Azures are more potent, with a Percentage of Psylocin/Psylocybin of above 1 percent. and Cyans at about .70.

Care to enlighten me Mj?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Psilocybe azurescens season and locations in oregon??? [Re: FocusHawaii]
    #1619381 - 06/08/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have posted this and others similar here before. I have analysis to proive that Pau;l Stamet?s listing of Aazurescens is not the most postent shroom in the world.

Read this and then asked anyone from The PNW who eats these baby fellows (Psilocybe cyanescens Wakefiled) exactly what it is I have explained over and over.

Each individual shroom has a different balance of chemicals in it when placed next to another shroom of the same species. And different species have different potencies.

Psilocybe cyanescens in its young stages are the most potent of mushrooms. Here is an example of their power. You can have four to five large mushrooms such as these postred below, weighing one fresh ounce and only get four to six people high. Those shrooms posted below are fresh and weighed a slight few grams over one fresh ounce.

and then you could have a one ounce bag of many fresh baby Psilocybe cyanescens weighing one fresh ounce and get 20 people high on the same weight. But that has only been found to occur with P. cyanescens. Some say P. subaeruginosa are also potent in the button stages.

Here is the picture of small potent Psoilocybe cyanescens.

That clump came close to an ounce. At a party we fried 17 people with the approx 37 shrooms in thatt cluster of musrhooms, each one to one and a half inches in height and a few close totwo inches.

A one once fresh ounce bag of these babies could have from 25-40 or more one to two inch high small P. cyanescens and get as many as 15-20 people high with no problem at all.

mj

This was slightly revised from another post to better explaine the potencie of the Psilocybe cyanescens.

For better verification one can always asked Homestead book Co. about the private Mushroom party where several people went to the emergency room for pigging on a bowl of such bbabies ehern they were told not to eat more than three or four small shrooms.

Several ate ten andmore and got pranoid and went and had their stomachs pumped because they did not listen.

ANd another thing, P. azurescens loise over half their potency aftrer several months of being stored.

Gartz found that out while doing private research at Leipzig University.

mj

mj

And without being arrogant, anyone here can believe anything they want about whatever they read elsewhere or not. That is your trip. I just share some of my klnowledge and if people want to doubt it becasue they read something different elsewhere than that is their trip/.

Oh yes, one more thing, 7 to 10 fresh Copelandia cyanescens can also be more potent than one giant P. azurescens of the same weighyt.. Ask anyone who has eaten them for the first time and tripped.

My chemical analysis revealed that Copelandia cyanescens collected by me in Hawaii was the most potent Copelandia ont he islands. However, every single mushroom analysed is of a different chemical count and would have different potencies which are not consistent soith other shrooms of the same genera.

Read the Bigwood and Beug and Beug and Bigwood articles I posted here on the analysis of twenty collections of specemsns from 7 genera and see the varied difeences in analysis from shroom to individual shroom.

One mushroom being potent does not make the who genera potent as the one single shroom.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
    #1620083 - 06/09/03 05:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

pretty much it goes shroom by shroom you know what i mean

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order