Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Acid Flashbacks
    #1601250 - 06/02/03 11:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yesterday morning when I got up, I noticed a severe glassiness in my eyes as I was brushing my teeth, applying make-up...you know, morning bathroom routine. Not just glassy...but even dialated pupils. My eyes looked like trippy eyes.

I felt fine. No dizziness, no confusion, no mindfuck whatsoever...just weird chemical eyes. I passed it off as not enough sleep lately and went about my day.

Later at work I noticed minor hallucination type visuals in my peripherial vision. I couldn't see anything out the ordinary directly in front of me, but anthing off to the side was very psychedelic. All twisty and turny and melty and sparkly, dancing reality.

The only difference between what I saw and what I usually see when I am tripping is that the colours that I saw were muted. They were the real colours of my surroundings-- where when I am 'under the influence' the colours are more vivid and sharpened.

The hallucinations were quite pretty. No mindfuck, no confusion. Only problem with the whole experience was that I was at work and the more I looked at the computer screen or tried to calculate numbers....the more and more intense it got.

It got to the point where I simply could not see anymore. I could communicate fine, there was nothing different about my thinking patterns, but my visual world was a paisly rainbow of melty.

I took a break....went outside into the sun and just breathed and massaged my forehead for a few minutes.

It went away.

Slowly...just the way it came on...it went away and it didn't come back.

Did I have a flashback, or what?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Acid Flashbacks [Re: CherryBom]
    #1601274 - 06/02/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Perhaps you did. That's wild. Did you find this experience worrying or disagreeable?

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Acid Flashbacks [Re: Ped]
    #1601283 - 06/02/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Not at all, in fact it was quite pleasant. If I wasn't at work, I probably would have enjoyed it more.

I felt like writing a great play or story or painting a wonderful work of art, I felt inspired, empowered, aware.

Minus the confusion, which was great. The last time I consumed psychedelics the confusion brought me to place of uncertainty that I would rather not visit again.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1601403 - 06/02/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That's pretty nifty, actually.

I've had a few days like that, when it's nice and sunny out, I'm walking outside, and everything seems to click together, my mind races, and all my thoughts flow poetically.

Though I suppose I sometimes feel something like that when I'm depressed. My thoughts will feel like venom, and I'll feel cold and distant, but still powerful, full of rage.

It's way better when it happens on happy days, when I can feel the sun, and everyone I meet is this fascinating wonderful person despite their flaws.

I don't know if it's a psychedelic flashback. Maybe my brain is just doing some of the things it usually does while tripping, and I just make the connection because I've tripped before.

Glad it went well, Bom!

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC
Re: Acid Flashbacks [Re: Phluck]
    #1601552 - 06/02/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like a flashback to me :laugh: i love it when i get LSD flashbacks, i see it as a free trip. they're never unpleasant and i can always keep them under my control... it's always a pretty twinkling pattern on carpet or something spectacular like that. a lot of my LSD visuals look like brick-roads made of flourescent pastel twinkling lights that have words hidden in them... i can never remember what the words say though

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Acid Flashbacks [Re: mantis]
    #1601809 - 06/02/03 03:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

but anthing off to the side was very psychedelic. All twisty and turny and melty and sparkly, dancing reality.

I have that all the time. Ive actually practiced focusing my eyes on a fixed object but paying attention to my perif vision. For me marijuana greatly increases the perif vision stuff.

At my other place when i had my room all tripped out with glowing stuff... i had a ball that hung from the ceiling that was like a skeleton of ball with glow in the dark shit in it reacting to black lights. Well i would burn an entire joint to myself and wind the ball and just let it spin slowly and focus my eyes on the celing while concentrating on the ball in my perif vision. They better i concentrated the more distorted and trippy the side vision would get.

Ive always had problems with bright rooms with white walls. I get tracers and sparkles all over it. Class rooms that i have like this in college can be a bit distracting, but its not really bothersome and usually i can ignore it. Ive had this way before id even ate lsd mush or smoked weed.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineoDin
Re: Acid Flashbacks [Re: baraka]
    #1603348 - 06/02/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yah i can convince my mind to do that sometimes, like if i close my eyes really hard and lightly touch where my eyeball is i sometimes see weird shit. or just concentrate. i think your mind learns how to go there on drugs and then a good traveler can do it w/o drugs sometimes as previously stated.

sometimes when i really push it physically, like climbing a hill on a mtn bike, i get floaters and weird tints, i dont know if its from low o2 or some kind of endorphin release

Offlinefunwithdxm
    #1612240 - 06/05/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ive always had problems with bright rooms with white walls. I get tracers and sparkles all over it. Class rooms that i have like this in college can be a bit distracting, but its not really bothersome and usually i can ignore it. Ive had this way before id even ate lsd mush or smoked weed.

This also happens to me, all the time. It seems like there are spots that are a brighter white than others, and the bright white parts seem to almost glow with an unknown color, like one i just cant get what color it is.
Andrew

--------------------
..respect the elders..

OfflineBig Fi52
old hand
Loc: All over
Re: Acid Flashbacks [Re: funwithdxm]
    #1612310 - 06/05/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No such thing.

--------------------
Jolly Good

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

#1612421 - 06/05/03 05:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow...

That white wall thing has been happening to me for like a year or two, I could never figure out howto describe it... It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still there.. the wall just looks weird, like theres a fine moving layer over it, really weird, but I got used to it.

If I stare at the carpets at school (it has like a weird texture and sometimes weird patterns) so sometimes I see like waves and moving designs in it.

Edited by Crass (06/05/03 05:37 PM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Acid Flashbacks [Re: Crass]
    #1612821 - 06/05/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yep i get the same thing with carpets and patterns. Marijuana increases it.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinefunwithdxm
Re: Acid Flashbacks [Re: Big Fi52]
    #1612917 - 06/05/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Huh? What do you mean no such thing? :crazy:

--------------------
..respect the elders..

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Acid Flashbacks [Re: funwithdxm]
    #1614239 - 06/06/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The flashback is apparently a myth...

There are people who beleive that they have experienced them...and others who claim they are nothing but a myth.

Are they real?....I think that they are.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1614355 - 06/06/03 10:10 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think they're kind of real. Kind of exagerrated though. A lot of people seem to think it's like you dropped a bunch of acid, out of nowhere.

For me, especially when I've recently done acid, I'll get little flashes of acidy feelings when I look at something, or hear certain music.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #1614516 - 06/06/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My take: Your reality is determined by your collective memories/experiences. Throw a couple strong LSD trips in their and you've just totally changed the normal type of experiences that used to influence your reality. Of course its gonna be tons easier to pick out visuals and whatnot when you're "sober" and not tripping. Your reality is now altered because of those experiences. For atleast a year after my extensive LSD usage I could literally make anything around me melt or spin in a factal design without much effort at all. It slowly faded- why? Because now I had just undergone a year of rarely tripping- "normal reality" experiences conformed my reality back to what it was.

LSD flashbacks? No. Perception change? Yes. :grin: 

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1615502 - 06/06/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Check out the book "Psychedelic Drugs Revisited". It has a good discussion of people's takes on flashbacks. Its one of those things where the answer depends on what you consider a flashback.

My only other concern would be that there is some physical cause of the condition- like oxygen or glucose definciency- that could be the sign of other problems. But it doesn't sound like its been a regular occurence so that probably not it.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1615657 - 06/06/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Now if you had smoked some weed it would have been even nicer. If you were not at work of course.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinespiritshaper
^_^

Loc: Lost in Space
    #1615673 - 06/06/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yep i get the same thing with carpets and patterns.  Marijuana increases it. 

lol me too, i see the carpet as a sea which gently moves back and forth. if i lay down on it when it's like that i can feel it move, it feels just like laying  on a raft in the lake sometimes if i close my eyes.

good times  :grin:

--------------------
----------------------------------

Brilliant ideas, like truffles, are rare, and only possible, given special conditions.

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1619353 - 06/08/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

that happens to me every so often. yesterday, i sat out on my front porch staring at the wind blowing through the trees across the parking lot for about 45 mins. then, i noticed this girl was looking at me and then looking at the trees and then looking back at the trees. i didn't know how long she had been watching me. i quit staring and started cleaning my car. she probably thought i was retarded.

i don't think they are flashbacks, at least not in my case. i think the brain just wants likes to go on vacation occasionaly.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom