Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
Re: First Time.... A couple of questions!!!
    #16143 - 05/08/00 07:43 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I'm NOT calling you stupid,but you know the acronym KISS?
The pf tek will work just fine for most species,as will the brown rice in quart jar method.Once you've seen how the process works,by all means try to improve on it...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

#16145 - 05/08/00 07:53 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

dude-before you start going and trying mixing different substrates and tecniques,you should follow one proven(not hearsay)tek at a time.i know it's tempting to experiment after reading all these posts on different teks.but trust me-you should start with the pf tek.
brown rice/verm. substrate.other ingredients have different make-ups.like for example-you couldnt add the exact same amount of water to a substrate containing...say...finch food,as you could br/verm.everything differentiates from one another,reacts differently.im not sayin pf is the best tek(by any means)but it is excellent for beginners.i've been growing for 2 years,and im still learning,and although i've grown many pounds,i still consider myself somewhat of an amiture.so be patient.if you sucessfully grow yourself a cake,you'll probally be in it for life,but if you start off by setting yourself up for failure....(get the point).also with the perlite thing-id recommend pre-mixing with water,and i just started using a bubbler and it was one of the better decisions i've made.easy as fuk to make and 100% humidity.for any other questions check the word search option.i searched this whole site up and down and read just about every post written for like a month before i posted myself..just remember..patience...............and www.poopsex.com

old hand

#16146 - 05/08/00 08:39 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The plain old PF Tek will work just fine and give you potent shrooms. Stick with what works and then you can try some experimenting when you have some experience under your belt. You gotta walk before you run.

Be sure to check out www.3mshrooms.homestead.com for your spore needs

Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation