Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: white contamination?
    #16111 - 05/08/00 01:29 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

are you sure its not normal growth?

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemagicpurplecow
Lapsed Addict

Re: white contamination? [Re: phrozendata]
    #16113 - 05/08/00 02:28 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

You should have put vermiculite on the top of the control too. I think that maybe if the contamination started at the top of the jar then you could be safe. It might be good to keep the jar to see what happens to the contaminant as it matures so you will be able to identify it better if it does affect your other cakes. Just keep it at someone else house or something; you don't need to be colonizing grain-loving mold anywhere near where you are growing shrooms.

--------------------
If you see a purple cow, you're having a level four trip. If you become one, well, that's a level five.

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
Re: white contamination? [Re: phrozendata]
    #16114 - 05/09/00 01:06 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

The only white contamination I can think of is cobweb mold....it starts out just like shroom mycelium, and then turns gray.....if there was this white contamination sittin right on top of you cake and looked like a pillow of fuzz then its a good chance it really was cobweb mold. Now just becasue you got it in this one cake does not mean that you will see it in any of your other cakes....and I understand what you were trying to do, but you do not want to breed contams, if it actually got into the air you could wind up losing every crop for months till a HEAVY clean up was done...dont know, just my worthless .002 cents.

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag