Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45?
    #16082718 -

I'm down to go, but only if it's gonna be awesome.  That's quite a bit of money, and I'm already seeing Laidback Luke on Saturday for also like $40.  Anyone seen him?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16082923 -

I saw him at ultra like 5 years ago.  If you have the money to burn, yes.  If you would be hurtin from droppin the clams, no.  I don't recall him being particularly special.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16082945 -

I would definitely go if either the club was better, or he was spectacular, otherwise it's not worth it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16082963 -

I wouldn't go then.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16083074 -

Who the heck is paul van dick? Never heard of the dude, so I personally would not spend THAT much fundage on him.


--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #16083093 -

Me neither. Does he have a goatee?


--------------------
I have pneumonia :pm:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16083125 -

no


--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: KremrBigSikter]
    #16083138 -

KremrBigSikter said:
Me neither. Does he have a goatee?



This may sound silly, but I HELLA :lolsy: really hard when I read that for some reason...


--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #16083144 -

paul van dyke was better a while back. hes fallen off


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16083221 -

dude, paul van dyk is one of the biggest names in trance world wide. he is a world class DJ. if thats your style of music then you should definately go see him. if you don't like trance, then ehhhh, prob not the end of the world.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #16085588 -

Dosile Kouki said:
dude, paul van dyk is one of the biggest names in trance world wide. he is a world class DJ. if thats your style of music then you should definately go see him. if you don't like trance, then ehhhh, prob not the end of the world.



I like trance, but not as much as house.  As I said, got Laidback Luke lined up tomorrow, I may just wait for that... I'm still deciding.  If he's doing a 3 hour set I may go, for 2 I won't - they're posting the set times in like an hour.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16086546 -

i really think you should go. as i said, PVD is one of the biggest names in dance music and has been for years. he was up there with tiesto and armin van buuren.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #16086696 -

i was dragged into his room by a friend who wanted to see him at a massive ten years back. as far as cheesy trance dj's go, he's technically adequate and his selections are well programmed and bearable. not someone i would remotely go out of my way to see but i'm clearly biased since i don't like that style of music.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Edited by millzy (04/13/12 08:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #16087676 -

Dosile Kouki said:
i really think you should go. as i said, PVD is one of the biggest names in dance music and has been for years. he was up there with tiesto and armin van buuren.



I didn't end up going.  Honestly, I saw AVB on Sunday, and he wasn't very good.  Steve Angello was on at the same time, and when I walked over to the house room, I got my face completely melted by him followed by Fedde le Grand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: pwnasaurus] * 1
    #16087690 -

oh well, you win some you lose some i guess. but fuck man, you don't know how lucky you are to just be like " ehhh could have seen PVD " " saw AVB on sunday but just decided to see SA instead " :lol: theres alot of people out there who would kill to be able to go to those sort of shows.


AVB comes to melbourne and packs out a stadium full of like 15-20,000 people. big ticket event, he plays a marathon DJ set in the main room. the event is called Armin Only, where basically he just plays the main room the whole night. thats one of AVB's trademarks, is he does marathon sets for like 4-6 hours+++ and takes the crowd on a journey. he really plays to the crowd and all that. he's great. most dj's only play 1-2 hour sets.


sounds like you been getting out and keeping busy though, nice one :grin:


i love to film videos of epic parts of events and raves when i go out. its awesome because you can capture that moment on film and go back and just experience the atmosphere again and all that. plus if they have impressive light/visual displays you can see all the awesome shit again. takes up a tonne of space though. i've probably got like 50-100gig of live video recordings out at events and raves, and thats only in the 6 or so months that i've had this new camera!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16087702 -

no

i paid 5 bucks to see mad maxxx, wtf is this tripe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #16087713 -

Dosile Kouki said:
oh well, you win some you lose some i guess. but fuck man, you don't know how lucky you are to just be like " ehhh could have seen PVD " " saw AVB on sunday but just decided to see SA instead " :lol: theres alot of people out there who would kill to be able to go to those sort of shows.


AVB comes to melbourne and packs out a stadium full of like 15-20,000 people. big ticket event, he plays a marathon DJ set in the main room. the event is called Armin Only, where basically he just plays the main room the whole night. thats one of AVB's trademarks, is he does marathon sets for like 4-6 hours+++ and takes the crowd on a journey. he really plays to the crowd and all that. he's great. most dj's only play 1-2 hour sets.


sounds like you been getting out and keeping busy though, nice one :grin:


i love to film videos of epic parts of events and raves when i go out. its awesome because you can capture that moment on film and go back and just experience the atmosphere again and all that. plus if they have impressive light/visual displays you can see all the awesome shit again. takes up a tonne of space though. i've probably got like 50-100gig of live video recordings out at events and raves, and thats only in the 6 or so months that i've had this new camera!



:lol:

I'm definitely doing alright.  Jochen Miller, who I had never heard of, was on before Armin, and his energy was WAY bigger than Armin's.  Armin stepped out and was just staring down at the decks the whole time, he wasn't getting into it with the crowd.  Everyone I talked to at the event thought Armin was very meh and that Steve Angello was way better.  Everyone has off days, though, so I will give him another chance - he's at another event I'm going to next month with Carl Cox :grin:.

I love videos of shows!  They bring you right back to the moment.  Here is one from the weekend - this was THE peak of the night for me.  Skip to 2:30 and :awebig:.



Armin, Steve Angello, and Feddle le Grand all played 3 hour sets on the weekend, followed by 5 hours of Danny Tenaglia :raveface:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16087721 -

3:09  :drooling:
That looks like an awesome show man


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: DivineIntensity]
    #16087727 -

DivineIntensity said:
3:09  :drooling:
That looks like an awesome show man



That instant was 100% the best part of the night.  I was going fucking CRAZY, right in the front middle.  I showed my buddy this video and he's like "I remember this moment, because you went fucking NUTS!"  :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Paul van Dyk worth seeing for $45? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16087751 -

Were you rolling? Or were you sober? Regardless, That show looks fucking awesome - getting to the front of shows is always a pain in the dick though. I've almost gotten into like four fights that way, because people are sensitive and can't tell the difference between an accident and someone being a douche :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* is it worth it?
( 1 2 all )
onetime 1,343 24 06/21/05 04:11 PM
by onetime
* *waves*
( 1 2 all )
sengoku 1,314 35 06/18/05 06:59 AM
by sengoku
* Make dancing part of your daily schedule Great Scott 1,231 15 11/17/05 10:33 AM
by debianlinux
* The largest dance music festival ever! March 05 AbstractHarmonix 3,468 17 01/24/05 02:39 AM
by PsillyNilly
* Help! I need more trance!
( 1 2 all )
theuser 1,876 25 03/27/06 01:00 PM
by SleepAid
* ArE rAvEs DeAd?
( 1 2 3 all )
TrancedShroom 6,919 54 10/10/13 08:21 PM
by AD420
* The Rave
( 1 2 3 all )
Somaism 7,697 47 06/02/05 06:04 PM
by iloveraving
* Greatest Songs Not on an Album
( 1 2 3 all )
sox24 4,167 40 07/19/06 07:15 PM
by UncleLuke

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,382 topic views. 3 members, 3 guests and 180 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.